ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Hardest skill to learn ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the hardest skill to get ?
Hammer-Ons
9%
 9%  [ 12 ]
Pull-Offs
65%
 65%  [ 84 ]
Super-Fast Strumming
25%
 25%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 128

jayd0484  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have equal trouble with HO and PO. The reason why is that I do PO the same way I do HO. The game really doesent care if you have all the other frets held down during a sequence, it just looks for the press of the button at the right moment.
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that's what gets most people down is the timing, that's one of the elements that makes it much different than a real guitar, my neighbor across the street has been playing since he was 5 and for 24 years, and i'm better than him lol
Quinctia  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superfast strumming.

My first playthrough of Hard, I had trouble passing the opening of Bark at the Moon and found its solos to be the easiest. I can do fast strumming with one note, or alternating, but I can't do that opening bit. It's why I'm still stuck on BatM and CFH in Expert mode...the fast patterns in the main riffs.

I can do HOPOs as long as I am not thinking about it too hard. I still can't do the four in sequence pull off though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinctia wrote:
Superfast strumming.

My first playthrough of Hard, I had trouble passing the opening of Bark at the Moon and found its solos to be the easiest. I can do fast strumming with one note, or alternating, but I can't do that opening bit. It's why I'm still stuck on BatM and CFH in Expert mode...the fast patterns in the main riffs.

I can do HOPOs as long as I am not thinking about it too hard. I still can't do the four in sequence pull off though.

i don't think you can actually pull off all of them with just strumming once, i think you have to strum at least twice, but i may be wrong, i've always strummed twice
Anthony  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only have to strum once with PO's, I don't know what you are doing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely have the hardest time with pull-offs. I'm not really sure why, to be honest...I've played the (real) guitar for years and can do it fairly well on that. But on the GH guitar, it's a whole other story. I'm getting better at it, but that doesn't change the learning curve at all.
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony wrote:
You only have to strum once with PO's, I don't know what you are doing.

im talking about 4 strands of notes not 3, cause the game only allows three in a row i think
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

im talking about 4 strands of notes not 3, cause the game only allows three in a row i think

In Bark At the Moon on Expert, the entire solo is practically a hammer-on/pull-off and that is a hell of a lot more than 3 notes. Not sure what you are talking about here. It is more like 30 notes.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: @#$#$#@ Get Ready to Rock Reply with quote

Yeah.. just wanted to enlighten you guys on a freak accident in which i believe Jesus took over for my hands for a few minutes... I was playing Get ready to Rock on expert and i hit every note through to the first solo.. that includes the incredibly fast part inbetween some of the
b-rb-rb-rb-rg-yg-yg-yg-yg-rg-rg-rg-ry-o. So yeah.. i know i didn't strum that fast because i was expecting to miss it like i usually do.. so hammering on+Miricle of Christ= Hitting that part.
stv2049  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never even try to hit HOPOs since my success rate with strumming (and double-strumming) every note.

Now (listen up, Red Octane!) if there were some incentive, like extra points or a tiny bit of star power for correctly hitting a HO or PO (i.e. no strum) I'd definitely wade out into more treacherous waters straining for every little bit, and balancing my desire for that 100%.

I believe that adding in this small little advanced scoring technique would raise the ceiling considerably for HOPO heavy songs, and even though it would serve to further separate the casual Heros from the Hardcore ones, it would do more to encourage the usage of HOPO.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now (listen up, Red Octane!) if there were some incentive, like extra points or a tiny bit of star power for correctly hitting a HO or PO (i.e. no strum) I'd definitely wade out into more treacherous waters straining for every little bit, and balancing my desire for that 100%.

I never thought of that...that's actually a really good idea.

I think the hardest skill to learn per song is the strumming speed. If you can strum right you technically don't need the other ones. And since the speed is different for about every single song, it's hard to learn what speed you need to be at to get it right.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pull-offs are by far the most difficult for me. Maybe a dexterity issue...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Huwonk
catfish7  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fingers work backwards or somethin because I suck so bad at hammer ons, but I can do pulloffs without even thinking. My only problem with fast strumming is strumming too many or too few times, I can usually keep rhythm well.
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
Pull-offs are by far the most difficult for me. Maybe a dexterity issue...

pull offs are so much easier on a real guitar...if you really think about it, what we're doing on guitar hero isn't REALLY a pull off, but some sort of variation...

on a real guitar you have to fling your finger back into order to pluck the string without strumming it, that's when dexterity comes into play...

unless of course you already have a real one and that explaination was just a complete waste of my time...
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my skill has changed. It's not necessarily gotten better, but it's just changed.

I used to be absolutely horrible at HO's/PO's, but my skill for HO's has increased dramatically. I'm still not too good at PO's though...

It's wierd though, because I can do a run where it's a combination of the two, but I can't do just one or the other very well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: