ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Lou = easy, here's how (on expert)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arks  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Lou = easy, here's how (on expert) Reply with quote

So I was bashing my head against Lou for at least an hour, when I finally decided to sit down and think through why I was failing so many times. So here's what I thought up, put into motion, and beat him on the VERY NEXT ATTEMPT!!!

First off, hyper scribe = a no no. Why? Well first off because you can't see the battle modes coming up as easily, and that's a HUGE KEY TO SUCCESS! Also too, and this is un-confirmed, but it seems that Lou has an easier time with his overload/double note sections when hyper is on.

Next, when you have a broken string, just keep playing as you normally would if it weren't broken. I found that the notes come so fast on expert, that when you hit the notes as if you normally would, you cure the broken string after only 4 or 5 hits, and have kept your rock meter in the green by not neglecting the other notes.

When you see a set of battle notes coming up, focus on them! It doesn't matter if you miss the notes just before them in preparing, you won't go to instant red, and it's more important to combo those than anything else. I found that when I started ignoring the song and focusing only on the bonus chords, I hit them every time. Granted you can't be TOO liberal with this, but there's no need to FC a boss battle anyhow.

When you get double notes, FLAIL THE STRUM BAR LIKE IT'S YOUR JOB!
Seriously, I never once died to double notes, even on the insane solos, because I'd just flail the strum bar and mash the buttons. This is a rather cheesy and childish strategy, but hey, it works.

Also, I found that stacking 3 attacks helps a ton, but after that just give it to him as you get it. You need 3 stacked attacks to get him to the yellow initially, but once he's yellow, he really blows it after every attack. I managed to get him glowing red before the break the first time I won, then the next attack finished him (and guess what, it was a double note! That's right, I finished him with a double note, which some people were claiming did not affect him!)

Since doing this, I went back and tried him two more times, both were successful.

Oh one final note, once you think you've won, you have a little solo to play (it makes you finish out the song by yourself) so stay on your toes, I almost failed here my first time lol. That woulda sucked.

Hope this was helpful, because this guy was making me very upset at about 5:45am this morning!
InflatablePie  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if I could add in, it helps to try and launch some attacks before his come up, so he doesn't screw you over.
PiemanLK wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Right, but if you had the chocolate bar in your heart all along, no one would need to work. Did consider that?

If you have a chocolate bar in your heart I suggest seeking medical attention.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: UmbraPie Wii Friend Code: 0518680564637417
batsmak  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that he doesn't lose easily until after the long break in the song, but as soon as you reach the trill, any sections after there can wipe him out with ease if you use an attack.
franciss  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing that might help is getting 3 attacks and using them together (I mean, you use one, when it finishes, another one)

Anyway, that's just how I beat him
Kant  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're lucky enough to get a whammy attack on the first power up hit him with it as he's going into the long alt strum section of greens and that alone will beat him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kant wrote:
If you're lucky enough to get a whammy attack on the first power up hit him with it as he's going into the long alt strum section of greens and that alone will beat him.

Nod. its all luck. Hope he hits you with broken button or whammy, so you can recover and get the first power up. And then pray its a broken whammy. Hit em on the stream of green and its a wrap.
Thats it, stream of green. I didnt even get to hear the whole song.
Matmut  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh that's exactly how I beat him.
Got hit by the broken button (the green one, which is completely useless in your solo lmao) and then I send him the whammy attack: bye Lou.
Seems like the best way if you suck.
LeCoy  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The the "steam of green" that stream in the beginning-sorta of the solo? Or is it farther back?

Xbox Live Gamertag: KingofFunk412
ODSTCommando  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i support this thread. it works
dogfb  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat lou on my first try, I was so stoked when I did it. I survived 2 lefty flips and a double note attack. Finished him with amp overload.
Coolmarve  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lou is fucking bullshit ive been sitting here for hours trying to beat him none of this shit works because he always every time either lefty flips doubles or whammys me during my solos and i dont even have a chance to grab my powerups.

I 5star almost every song on expert sightreading, and only failed the slipknot and slayer songs yet I cant even come close to getting the devil out of green.
Bulkyvendor  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with coolmarve.

This is luck, like wtf neversoft...you fail hardcore.
I wouldn't even care about this if I didn't need to beat it to get to TTFATF

I too have 5* most songs while sightthreading and only failed Raining Blood.
This is all luck. Just play until your luck happens.
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nod, its all a gamble.
hope to get hit with something you can handle, broken button or a whammy.
Since playing the damn thing so many times i know when to have my hand holding the whammy.
then pray you hit the first power up and get break whammy. about 5-8 secs after that youll see Lou have a stream of green notes. Hit em wit that sh!t
Feels good. Im talking a less than 1 sec victory.
Specially when he took 30 mins.
Why it takes so long to get to the meat of the song I dunno.
ocelot11  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGlow wrote:
Why it takes so long to get to the meat of the song I dunno.

Yeah that's the thing that annoys me the most about this. When I fail all the time, I'm sick of playing a bunch of the song over and over again that is completely irrelevant. I'm never not full green coming out of the second run of GR chords. It may as well start from there but that wouldn't make any sense, I suppose.
directshot999  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got him with Lefty Flip, Broken String, and Double Notes back to back.

He fell quickly =D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: