ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
360 Online League Ideas (intelligent suggestions welcome)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thurman91  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

makes me sad that i have a ps2 and not an XBOX 360, PS3 or Wii

if these online leagues were set up, could i use a friend's xbox live account to play against others? his scores are far lower than mine so scorehero scores will have to be used to put me in a division, but shouldnt be too much of a problem.
marsupial311  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotsmack wrote:
I fully support anything that will take advantage of the online head to head capabilities.

I had suggested some type of ladder format before GH3's release, but unfortunately the online system didn't provide enough 'tools' to really make it successful and easy to manage at the same time.

The main problem was how do you prove the score - Whos to say that player A won't submit the same score as player B. If we force pics of the final score, we will be limiting our field of participants, and it will not fall in line with the essence of Scorehero. And if there is a score dispute, there is no way to review without picture proof.

Those are the same problems with the other leagues right now so I doubt there'd be an issue here since I have yet to see it become one in the past 4 seasons.
Celeles  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, this is the best idea I've heard in a long freaking while. I seriously like it a LOT better than the current system, which required you to play the same song over and over and over and over again until you want to drive your guitar through your TV. Plus it would be a lot easier to keep organized than the current system, and someone's accidentally dropping out of a game would be a lot easier of an issue to deal with than say, scores being submitted late or GHevents crashing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... I like this idea but I see an issue. Saeson length. As much fun as it would be to play people twice and play at least everybody once and whatever, its just not reasonable. Lots of people will lose interest I think if the season incuding playoffs is 4-6 months long.

How about a format like this: 2 conferences, 3 divisions per conference, 5 players per division for a total of 30 players per league.

Conference 1:
DivA: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
DivB: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
DivC: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Conference 2:
DivD: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
DivE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
DivF: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Now, suppose I am player A1. during the season, I would play the other 4 players in my division, 1 player randomly chose from DivB, one player Randomly chosen from Div C, and one player randomly chosen from all of conference 2, for a total of 7 regular season matches. My schedule might look like this

Wk1: A2, Wk2: A3, Wk3: A4, Wk4: A5 Wk5:B#, Wk6: C#, Wk7: DEF#

Now, for playoffs, you take each div winner and the next top 3 players as wild cards and have a 4 week playoff bracket.

This gives a total of 11 weeks to determine a champion, instead of something like a 13-16 week regular season and then playoffs still.

Of course, the challenge would be to generate a full league schedule with no conflicts so that everyone can play everyone.

Oh, and one more thing. For as even competition as possible, players could be seeded into the divisions based on scorehero career score in the following order:

A1, D1, B1, E1, C1, F1, A2, D2, B2, E2, C2, F2, A3, etc....

Thats all for now
Mintymunty  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont advertise here.
lazor  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would join if this is done on the Wii. I like this alot better than the regular leagues, because I always get crushed.
larius  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone explain why this wouldn't work on a PS3? We have the ability to play specific people. One person creates a session, and the other joins. If someone else joins you quit and remake the session, a pain, but doable. Correct me if I'm wrong.
M002  

Location: Westhampton, Suffolk County, Long Island, NY, U.S.A. Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe 1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I said this in a battle Thread that got shut down in the League Forum, I didn't bother reformatting it to this thread, so, if you don't know what im' talking about, forget about it, enjoy my ideas:

Yeah, this thread will probably be shut down, locked, or moved to the Miscellaneous, this would be more of a rivalry
but this would definetly be fun, I'm a much better battler than FC'er, I can own at battles on hard or expert, but I can't FC for crap
so, a league would be great if possible
only thing is, you need lots of room on your friendslist, simillar timing schedules, and lack of cheating
thats why I suggest:
1. Divide league into regionals to help with timing
2. One match a week or 3 days
3. Have it done similarily to gamebattles, report the win or loss, and have the ability to dispute the loss or win up to 24 hours after the results are in
4. Based on popularity, if there is a large amount of signups, do a pre-eliminating round, or just go straight to Groups
I believe playing this like a tournament will help keep it organized, groups of 4+ will play one match of 7 against each opponent in their respective groups, top two advance to the playoffs
5. Group winners are determined either by #of matches won and Rounds WIN/LOSS ratio
6. Playoffs are done in the fashion of best of 3 matches of 5, Best of 3 matches, if tied after two matches, Win/Loss ratio determines who hosts the last match, keep in mind that No song is repeated
7. Difficulty must be agreed on by both players, if both players want to play Medium, that is acceptable for that match, if one player wants to play Medium and the Other Wants to Play expert, a compromise will be done as they play hard, if One person wants to play Hard and the other Expert, Expert is the default difficulty, its a battle league, so a bit of skill is required, such as being able to get to the 8th tier in expert

Well, after all of those rules, i'm sure there are a million more, but governing and running a league is tough
I'd love to do something like that, but its too time consuming, and I Just don't have the time outside of the summer
so, if someone starts this up, I'll be glad to join
ClarkIR  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, im the one the made the battle thread and this is what id do if i actually ran the league

#1: XBL only (for the moment)

#2 Registration Requires SH Name/ XBL Gamertag/ Level of Difficulty

#3 Break it up into 3 leagues (only medium, only hard, only expert) And you can only participate in one leage and must qualify for medium to prevent ass stomping in an unfair fashion.

#4 Split Up X number of players into groups like they do in Soccer. If they are a bunch of people that sign up (ex 128 for expert) break them up into groups, and then have one group qualify up, and another go to consolation matches. Try to make the groups fair and consistent as possible

#5 Matches will be held Mon-Sat. Sunday will be used as a day to post results and prep for the following week.

#6 A point percentage system would be installed this way it prevents people from being punished by having individuals who sign up and not participate screw you over. A win is 3 points, a loss is 1 point, and a no show is 0 points. this would help individuals who have played less matches due to dropouts. You would have to maintain fairly consistent attendance seeing as it has a huge impact on the way the league functions, so a 3 miss rule w/no excuse and auto eliminated would be a good catch.

#7 the match consists of a standard best of 3 series. You may only pick a song once per week Ideally you would get put into a group with 3 other people, and be required to play them during the week. During this week you can only pick a song once. You cannot pick the same song for every match. Again certain songs would not be permitted. Both Players must submit results.

#8 creation of schedule, playoffs and other league infrastructure would be created upon knowing the amount of participants.

just some rough draft stuff
bloodrose  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we should get this started. i would be willing to join and i would love to help out

go there and join in the fun
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: D3thlakon
flyingrossie  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be an awesome thing. Hope it gets organized.
CrazyStikFigure  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lazor wrote:
I would join if this is done on the Wii. I like this alot better than the regular leagues, because I always get crushed.

Actually, I have already had a site like that. We can't exactly do all this complicatedness because we don't have enough people, but some people who have the Wii version and want to play sign up, we can do more. We play on Pro Face-off.
5* TLB, Freya, & Bad Rep

bloodrose  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't advertise here.

go there and join in the fun
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: D3thlakon
ShinobiAC  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

throwawaystyle wrote:
You guys havent considered the possibility of one player getting some sort of glitch that messes them up, causing them to lose, then they tell their opponent and the opponent is only thinking "What a sore loser. Why would you lie?"...Then we have a big fiasco. I seriously think this is a great idea, but online play isnt ready for it, glitch wise, of course.

If you get a glitch, then you lose that match. Honestly if your game is glitching 9 out of 10 times, it won't be feasible for you to participate. If it's glitching a more probable 1 out of 100 times, and you really care that much, you are missing the entire point of just having fun. Just say "aw man, my xbox exploded and a fragment got caught in my eye. Guess you win this one!" and move on.

Though I have a Wii so none of this matters to me unless Wii gets included.

Last edited by ShinobiAC on Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
lassise  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe instead of doing as a "league" style, it could be done more as a tournament style. Just set a time like 1pm est and have everybody meet up in an IRC channel and just have the commissioner take roll, and designate brackets

I also think an OGL style bracket would be cool where you challenge an opponent on a ladder style
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: