ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Scores disappeared?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IonDissonance  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Scores disappeared? Reply with quote

Ok, I am new, so feel free to insult me or whatever - I definitely apoligize if this happens to seem like a waste of time.

1st the problem - I submitted scores for every song found on career mode in easy for gh 2 this morning, and the first 40 songs in hard mode last night. As of this afternoon, my hard scores seem ok but the easy scores were all deleted. Obviously, my first response was to email someone (admin@scorehero.com).

I have been awaiting a response, but the main reason I am just throwing this out there is because the info I have gathered sure makes it seem as though this wouldn't happen without a notification of some sort either through a message on the website or email. I am sure it is not a "bug" or anything so I apologize for posting it here. I just really don't care about easy mode or medium, but I took the time to play them and I don't want to keep taking even more time to repost the scores.

Thanks a bunch to anyone who can let me know either through the forum or through an email what happened, what I need to do, etc, and once again, I apologize if I am erring in posting this. I just want to complete easy mode tonight and get the scores out of the way without worrying about having to resubmit.
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you may have submitted them when JCirri was updating some stuff. some scores got deleted. you'll have to re-submit them
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click here to read what happened.

I've awarded you some contribution points for the inconvenience that this has caused, and again I apologize for this rare unfortunate event.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, ok if that is the case I am sure glad that I submitted like 54 scores or whatever it is all at once. I didn't see anyone on the messageboards acknowledging the problem....I did submit the scores before I went to work though which was like 8 am eastern time....thanks for the quick reply

If any moderators or whatever know that this was definitely the case with my scores, feel free to tell me to shove off, lock the thread, call me names, etc. You know the drill better than I do
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The time period of scores that were affected was 6:21AM EST to 8:50AM EST this morning. If you submitted scores during that timeframe, then those scores would be now removed.

I acknowledged the problem as soon as the error was made, and immediately disabled score submissions and posted in Bug Reports as of 8:50am. Unfortunately the latest backup was created 2 hours prior to that time, which cleared out the scores submitted during those few hours upon restoring it. This should not have happened, and is the first time in SH's history that a single score has ever been lost. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again, and I apologize for the inconvenience of the users who were affected.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same thing has happened with my scores too..

Thanks for the post clearing it all up though JCirri, I was wondering what had happened!
leonhouse  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IonDissonance wrote:
Haha, ok if that is the case I am sure glad that I submitted like 54 scores or whatever it is all at once. I didn't see anyone on the messageboards acknowledging the problem....I did submit the scores before I went to work though which was like 8 am eastern time....thanks for the quick reply

If any moderators or whatever know that this was definitely the case with my scores, feel free to tell me to shove off, lock the thread, call me names, etc. You know the drill better than I do

Umm, you're wrong about no one acknowledging the problem. I was on at the exact time the problem was occuring & I posted a few posts about what was happening & got responses from JCirri. You can go to:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3497
& http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3496
and see both topics that were discussing the problem while it was happening.

And then not too long after he posted the topic about the recent downtime.

I'm sorry that you lost so many scores, I lost a few myself. :-S

Good thing it keeps your scores logged on GH2 (it's just too bad you can't get back the % & streak)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: