ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Raining Blood Guide
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bananaslug  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Raining Blood Guide Reply with quote

Raining Blood Guide
Mosh 1

I had been struggling really really bad when it came to mosh 1 on expert, only getting to around 33% and failing which is horrible here are a few things that have helped me finish mosh 1 in the GREEN without star power:

1) the most important thing for me was making sure I was rolling my fingers in order... it sounds stupid but I made huge progress when i realized i was mashing my fingers out of order because i was so worried about going fast

2) Get the rhythm down- it sounds stupid and easy but I now dont even need to look at the notes comming now because I can just hear the song

3) Make sure you aren't going too fast! Sounds strange but I realized that I was drumming my fingers much too fast and ending up ahead of the song and almost instantly failing

4) Overstrum = Death- seriously if you strum too fast, especially alt strum you will most likely fail quickly especially if you alt strum through the chord part also you are killing yourself.
rely on PO's here. They work.

I know you dont want to hear this but to beat Mosh 1 it is going to take lots of practice mode, but after only 1 day I went from failing near instantly to comboing most of it

Verse

If you need help with the verse, my only tip is strum much faster than you think on the chords and the green notes. Other than that, practice makes perfect and make sure you have this verse down so when you finally beat mosh 1 you dont insta-fail here.

Solo
Not too hard, if you make it here in the green you should be fine, if not this is what i save my star power for.
Trills- Easy, use these to bring your rock meter back up. I alt strum and just press the higher note while holding the lower note and do well, not much to it just get the speed down.
Scales- Not too long and not to complicated, finger speed is the key here which you have if you passed mosh 1 so this is easy.

the only really hard part about this solo is that it is fairly long after an awkward bridge.

Last edited by bananaslug on Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:33 am; edited 7 times in total
TheBigBB  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah there is definitely a fine line between failing and passing it in green. I haven't passed it yet, but I know that the moment I fall off the rhythm I am 100% screwed because I just missed a ton of notes. And the thing I have been focusing on that's been helping me out is to quickly lift off the buttons as soon as you hit them, which is obvious, but if you don't actually focus on it you might get tired and start leaving them on the fretboard too long, which always also results in my instant failure before I know what happened.
Mirabad  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Bananaslug's Mosh 1 tips Reply with quote

bananaslug wrote:
I had been struggling really really bad when it came to mosh 1 on expert, only getting to around 33% and failing which is horrible here are a few things that have helped me finish mosh 1 in the GREEN without star power:

1) the most important thing for me was making sure I was rolling my fingers in order... it sounds stupid but I made huge progress when i realized i was mashing my fingers out of order because i was so worried about going fast

2) Get the rhythm down- it sounds stupid and easy but I now dont even need to look at the notes comming now because I can just hear the song

3) Make sure you aren't going too fast! Sounds strange but I realized that I was drumming my fingers much too fast and ending up ahead of the song and almost instantly failing

I know you dont want to hear this but to beat Mosh 1 it is going to take lots of practice mode, but after only 1 day I went from failing near instantly to comboing most of it

You hit it, exactly. I came to the exact same conclusions about why I was failing over and over...and over. Just had to relax a bit, and practice until I had that damn rhythm engraved on my brain.

It was a VERY nice feeling the first time I beat it tho. Did I mention the failing over and over and over part?
bananaslug  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and also i forgot to mention strumming, i dont alt strum, it just strum at each new scale, the HOPO system is a bit weird to me now as far as strumming so alt-strumming killed me when i tried it, i would advise against it
jscott1324  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. I think that will really help

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips.

Right now Mosh1 is the only thing standing in my way of beating the game... @#$%^&
bananaslug  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem
hope i can help you guys cause the song is one of the only songs that it seems most people need to go into practice mode for because of the awkward rhythm
ZeRockist  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i do i just watch for the orange to come down i dont look at any thing else other then that button cause you know what u have to do after
bored4fun144  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i finnally beat it! but now im stuck on the flood. that figures XD
HOLLISTonER420  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinda weird...but i just listened to the actual mp3..and it did wonders!!!!
taidan19  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that if you just want to beat it, its best not to focus on hitting every note. I put my fingers on the orange through red frets, strumned the first note in each scale, and then HO/PO'ed either the first three or four notes depending on the scale. As long as you don't get messed up that should keep you in the green.

I can't read mings, but I would say the frustrating thing about mosh 1 for those that get stuck is that the structure of the section makes sense, but getting down the correct speed for nailing all the notes is very tricky. I remember slowing the song down in practice and still finding me missing the fourth note in every scale no matter how much I mixed it up. While I still haven't gotten around to trying to perfect the section, I'm going to take the advice of the posts above and slow it down, as this simple rule has saved me many times before in past GH games.
googleimage  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all that's left for me before Lou. Thanks for the tips.
bananaslug  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

added tips for the verse incase you dont like failing right away when you finally beat mosh 1 haha
thechedude  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aghh

this song is pissing me off royally, I just need to figure out the damn beat..

maybe I just need sleep.

>_>
T-Pain  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the guide ill try the actual mp3 + youre mosh 1 tips are great i thought there so simple how could they work but there pretty good im getting so much closer:D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: