ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
RedTsunami's FAILPROOF Guide to 5-Staring RAINING BLOOD!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedTsunami  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: RedTsunami's FAILPROOF Guide to 5-Staring RAINING BLOOD! Reply with quote

Okay, well It's not really failproof, but it can be, if you practice enough. Please read this, as it should dramatically help you raise your RB scores if you can't 5-star RB.

My story:

I JUST got my raining blood 5 star score about 10 minutes ago, and it took 3 hellish hours of absolutely non-stop guitar hero...I would have had it much earlier (by luck), but I was short of the cutoff by about 1K!

I personally think RB is the hardest tier song to 5-star. This was the only song in GH3 that I really had trouble 5-staring, and for good reason.

The perpose of this guide is for me to do my best to save you the horrible pain your hands will feel after missing the cutoff a million times.
(PS: I will post my precentage next to the song sections to show you guys what you generally need to hit)

5-STAR CUTOFF SCORE: ABOUT 227,000
(my score: 229,335)

The Calm: (100%)
If you can't do this part, just give up now. VERY basic, gets annoying fairly quickly, after all the retries you will do.

Drizzle: (100%)
The basic riff for RB. Becomes very, very easy to hit once you are used to it.

Hard Rain: (88%)
Quick Notes, along with a big starpower. The starpower here is VERY important, if you miss it, start the song over. I used to get annoyed at this part, but again, it becomes very easy to do with time. You are definetly gonna want to alt strum this, I do DUD DUD DUD strumming, as it feels easiest to me. Also, try no to pay to much attention to your hands when you do this part, and focus on the noise of the strum bar, not the song. If this part bothers you, try playing Barracuda on expert mode as practice.

Mosh 1: (72%)
Ahhh...the dreaded spider crawl... quick notes with a couple of hiccups along the way. Try to learn how to play this part with your pinky, and strum every 4 or so notes. You don't HAVE to play it with your pinky, but it saves your hand alot of time moving around. My advice here is just to not die on this part. If you can get the begining starpower, great, but it's really hard. When I play this part, I usually stay around greenish-yellow on the rock guage. But don't use your star power to survive, we're saving that blue-juice for later.

Verse: (82%)
When I felt like I was stuck on this song, I looked twords the Verse section to net me a couple more thousand points...I can't get my multiplyer to go above 2X on this part, but it's better then nothing. Take this part in to practice, every little point counts.

Mosh 2: (100%)
The key thing to remember here is to keep your combo, mostly for the ..........parts. Hit this part however you please, just don't miss anything!

Drizzle 2: (100%)
Identical to Drizzle.

Bridge: (100%)
Everything from this point through Chorus is the most important part of the song. Idealy, you should have around 125K around the beginging of this part. Very easy for the first part, just ..... You shouldn't have any problems here.
ALTHOUGH you almost certainly WILL have problems with the part. I find this to be the most annoying part of the song. I finally figured out how I can hit these notes a large majority of the time! Simply hold down your 1 finger on the green fret, and tap-and-release the other notes with your 2-4 fingers, kinda like the TtFatF intro. While doing this, remeber to strum consistently, as these are NOT hammer-ons. This is MUCH easier then my earlier method, slidding and praying. And right after this part make sure you're ready for...

Chorus: (98%)
Now THIS is the most important part of the song. THIS is where you will rack up tons of points. The Chorus is basically a ton of chords. If you are going into this part with a 4X multiplyer, use Starpower as soon as it starts. If you are not starting this part with a 4X multiplyer, hit a couple of the notes in this section til you can raise your multiplyer up, then activate star power.
Make sure to try your best to hit every note in this area. The idea behind this method is that if you can hit a ton of chords in a row, with a 8X multiplyer, you should be good for the rest of the song.

Flood!: (84%)
At the end of the part, you should have around 220K or so. It doesn't really matter if you lose star power here, as it won't get used anyways. If you want practice for hitting the first green's play a bit of Knights of Cydonia on expert. the "Flood!" section has some of the fastest trills in the game, so don't expect to combo these. Like Mosh 1, just try to survive this part. But don't get careless, or you might not make the cutoff!

The Aftermath: (100%)
(ROFL, one chord-sustain. It'd be pretty funny to see somebody fail at this part...)
Congradulations! Hopefully you 5-starred Raining Blood! If not, DO IT AGAIN! Muhahaha! You don't get no breaks!
No, but seriously, don't overdo it. If you hand feels pain thats okay, until it really starts to hurt. At that point, it is normal for common sence to take over.

Good luck!

You're sick.
1. [] 5* TtFatF (only 4* so far)
2. [X] Beat expert drums before kick pedal breaks.
3. [X] Beat expert 5* guitar (Nov 3rd, 2007)
4. X[] Get sigged (WOOT! [damn, I missed])
SIG COUNT: 3 times! <o_0<
bananaslug  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're guide is really good i think that maybe we should merge all the raining blood guides and make it official cause there are way too many of these topics

Barbaloot wrote:
dmaster13 wrote:
Dang it. Oh well. What will happen if this get locked? I won't get IP banned will I?

Just edit the title to "How do I donate money to Scorehero?" and make everyone who replied to you on the first page look like a jackass.
RedTsunami  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananaslug wrote:
you're guide is really good i think that maybe we should merge all the raining blood guides and make it official cause there are way too many of these topics

yeah, theres alot of stickies I think they should make...y'know, one for battle mode too...

You're sick.
Lax  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome guide, I like how you put in the percents so I can see how much I am off by.
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about SP usage other than the mad chords bit?

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
bmwhiskerZ  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I initially read this like oh another guide probably wont help me, but
I did what you said and I got 231k and 5 starred it from a 147k 3 star.

The SP paths would be amazing but this guide rocks!

Thanks so much!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-60t7xliTkU
http://youtube.com/zacklesauce
Servius1139  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good guide man! this should be stickied

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good guide, also like that you wrote out the percent that's recomended!
Fadeee  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice writeup. I haven't played too much expert yet but from what I heard this song is giving a lot of people problems. This guide should come in handy in the future. Thanks
I 4* TTFaF. 276k No 5* =(
Beat Hard career(41/42)[]
-Battle Against Lou
5*'s (26/70)
Beat Expert career(8/42)[]
5*'s (7/70)
Pass Through The Fire And Flames on Expert(I Fail at 1% LOL)[]
Learn to play lefty flip[]
RedTsunami  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tagrineth wrote:
What about SP usage other than the mad chords bit?
oh, I should've written, there IS no other SP usage then the heavy chording bit.

You're sick.
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you waste two SP phrases (assuming you can hit the mosh 1 SP and the verse right after it...)? ;x

though I guess if it's purely for five star you can assume those two will probably be missed. Hahaha.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
fuse  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome guide, but I can't even do Mosh 1 without SP I'll keep trying and see if I can get through it :P
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip on the bridge. I never thought about keeping my pointer on the green and just tapping the other buttons. I just slid my hand and hoped for the best. I'll see if I can 5* it when I get home.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great guide. I'll have use do this when I go back over the songs I didn't 5* on the first try. However, there is one trick that you may not have found. For the Hard Rain section, instead of strumming a measure like this
the GH3 engine will still count it if you strum the measure using 12th notes instead of 16th notes like this
1 2 3 4
I normally do it the first way and then switch to the second way if my hand gets tired. It definitely helps.

^^^^Click for Accomplishments^^^^
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: sonicboom139
RedTsunami  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonicboom139 wrote:
Great guide. I'll have use do this when I go back over the songs I didn't 5* on the first try. However, there is one trick that you may not have found. For the Hard Rain section, instead of strumming a measure like this
the GH3 engine will still count it if you strum the measure using 12th notes instead of 16th notes like this
1 2 3 4
I normally do it the first way and then switch to the second way if my hand gets tired. It definitely helps.

I noticed that too, but I thought it would be best not to meantion that, as it is pretty difficult to keep a consistent combo with that...

You're sick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: