ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Now that all three major next-gen consoles have launched...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which consoles do (or will) you own?
Xbox 360
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
PS3
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
Wii
21%
 21%  [ 17 ]
Xbox 360 + PS3
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Xbox 360 + Wii
30%
 30%  [ 24 ]
PS3 + Wii
13%
 13%  [ 11 ]
All three
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
None
11%
 11%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 80

Rorschach  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say they're geared toward the US because most of the games are games that traditionally don't sell well in Japan...like Gears of War and such. And yeah, Halo. Sure, Halo saved the Xbox here, but now there's Halo 2 and soon 3, so 1 is a moot point.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And series like GTA and MK have horrible sales figures in Japan. The point is that Sony makes a point to find developers who can create a good, diverse library of games (keyword: good), unlike Microsoft and the notorious Nintendo, who, ironically, didn't have a problem with that back in 85....but that's a whole different asshole topic.

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to add a quick point. MGS4 is, if EGM is not lying, being developed for the 360. Don't shoot the messange, but EGM said in one of their like info pages that Hideo Kojima is being pressured to do so by the company (I can't remember, who does he work for?).
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komani.

I haven't heard about that. Maybe we'll see what happens.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as you can tell I really care that it is. /sarcasim. Never been a fan of the MGS series and I don't think MGS4 will start me being one.

Just my hay-penny.
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ensiferous3 wrote:
Just wanted to add a quick point. MGS4 is, if EGM is not lying, being developed for the 360. Don't shoot the messange, but EGM said in one of their like info pages that Hideo Kojima is being pressured to do so by the company (I can't remember, who does he work for?).

um, Konami, I've havent heard anything about that.

edit: two posts before me?! I'm losing my touch -_-'
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ensiferous3"]Well as you can tell I really care that it is. /sarcasim. Never been a fan of the MGS series and I don't think MGS4 will start me being one./quote]

Agreed. I haven't been too interested in the MGS series. I kinda want to jump on board, since a lot of people have been saying it's a great series, but it's not speaking to me.

Rorschach  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
And series like GTA and MK have horrible sales figures in Japan. The point is that Sony makes a point to find developers who can create a good, diverse library of games (keyword: good), unlike Microsoft and the notorious Nintendo, who, ironically, didn't have a problem with that back in 85....but that's a whole different asshole topic.

Well of course GTA sells badly in Japan, that's another one that's geared toward this market. And they have much better fighting games than Mortal Kombat that we don't get (and the ones we do get aren't marketed too well.)

Of course Nintendo had better third party games in the 80s. Who else was there to develop for? And I hope you're not including Nintendo's first party games in that...because they tend to still be great.

By the way, here is how much Blue Dragon is helping the 360 over there:

Xbox 360: 35,343 ^31,290 (772.02%)

That's hardware sales this week, up (as you can see) a whopping 772% from last week.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rorschach wrote:
Well of course GTA sells badly in Japan, that's another one that's geared toward this market. And they have much better fighting games than Mortal Kombat that we don't get (and the ones we do get aren't marketed too well.)

GTA wasn't targeted to just the US. It also had a lovely time in EU, too. But it seems that you only agree that Sony was able to get major support from developers, unless you're proposing a point that I haven't grasped yet.

Rorschach wrote:
Of course Nintendo had better third party games in the 80s. Who else was there to develop for? And I hope you're not including Nintendo's first party games in that...because they tend to still be great.

Well, when Nintendo revived the gaming industry, they created a contract with developers that basically said that once you've created a game with Nintendo, you can only create games with Nintendo. Sega's Master system arrived around 86. Though the hardware was superior to the NES, it had almost NO third party support because Nintendo pretty much grabbed all of them. It wasn't because everybody thought that Nintendo was the answer for selling software. It was that Nintendo suckered them in and pretty much had them working for them, exclusively.

Rorschach wrote:
By the way, here is how much Blue Dragon is helping the 360 over there:

Xbox 360: 35,343 ^31,290 (772.02%)

That's hardware sales this week, up (as you can see) a whopping 772% from last week.

Is there a total number of consoles sold, of is the 35,343 ^31,290 figure that?

Rorschach  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xbox 360: 35,343 consoles sold this week, up from 31,290 (772.02% increase)

Yeah the point I was making with GTA was that certain games sell to US (I lump US and Euro market together because they buy the same stuff), and not to Japan, like FPS's and mediocre fighting games and GTA.

You wrote:
Well, when Nintendo revived the gaming industry, they created a contract with developers that basically said that once you've created a game with Nintendo, you can only create games with Nintendo. Sega's Master system arrived around 86. Though the hardware was superior to the NES, it had almost NO third party support because Nintendo pretty much grabbed all of them. It wasn't because everybody thought that Nintendo was the answer for selling software. It was that Nintendo suckered them in and pretty much had them working for them, exclusively.

Well, yeah, but who wanted a Master System anyway. Genesis, maybe. :p

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*continues stirring the pot*

The Dreamcast was still being sold in Japan well after it was kaput in the USA.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is I got a Wii....and it's awesome. And I want a 360. Do I want a PS3? Kind of. But I'm sure as fuck not paying that much money for a console that has 1 good game at best for it right now and few good titles in the future (despite my MGS obsession). And I also know that everyone else I talk to feels the same way.

Keep in mind that I have a PS2 and a PS1; PS2 is by far my favorite system in its generation.

I purposely kept this devoid of facts because honestly we can all throw around facts to support our side and we can all question each other's facts all day. It will get us nowhere.

From what I can tell...Sony is making all the wrong moves. And the Wii is suprising me so much I can't believe it. And that's what I see. Take from that what you will.
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rorschach wrote:
Yeah the point I was making with GTA was that certain games sell to US (I lump US and Euro market together because they buy the same stuff), and not to Japan, like FPS's and mediocre fighting games and GTA.

Well, I'm trying to make the point that Microsoft's console is aimed at the US, where Sony's games are targetted to, basically, the entire world.

Rorschach wrote:
Well, yeah, but who wanted a Master System anyway. Genesis, maybe. :p

Nobody did, because Nintendo basically created a monopoly type situation with game developers. The Master failed, because Nintendo about 95% of all of the developers in their grasp.

Alakaiser wrote:
The Dreamcast was still being sold in Japan well after it was kaput in the USA.

It's probably because the Japanese still saw the Dreamcast as being a decent console, and not buying into the hype that the US did over the PS2.

Kamahl  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SynysterGates wrote:
geez no love for the PS3 here which seems odd to me since everyone here must have a PS2(to play GH). ill be stickin with PS3 and nothing else just might wait for the price to come down a bit. plus im in no rush since GH2 will basically last me forever

exactly my thoughts.... that's weird...

i'll get a PS3 and its the only console i need.
MJM249  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated stats with 67 votes in and considering overlap:

44.8% have or will have an Xbox 360
32.8% have or will have a PS3
74.6% have or will have a Wii

When factoring out "None" votes:

50.8% have or will have an Xbox 360
37.3% have or will have a PS3
84.7% have or will have a Wii
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: