ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Harmonix' Phase AKA AMPLITUDE 3 AKA I JUST CREAMED MYSELF!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MethodMan  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Harmonix' Phase AKA AMPLITUDE 3 AKA I JUST CREAMED MYSELF! Reply with quote

Buy this game if you have any taste.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=87010

HARMONIX ACTUALLY LISTENED TO THEIR FANS?!@?!?!?!

http://freq.com/bb/showthread.php?p=4289#post4289
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks more like a 3 button Guitar Hero than a new Amplitude.
I completely expect Harmonix to surprise everyone with the Announcement of Frequency 3 a few months after the release of Rock Band. Because in my eyes, I don't see them working on another Rock Band game as long as they stay true to the amount of DLC they are promises weekly and I'm sure they will. With the ever expanding library of songs, I think they are going to move onto another project and possibly do Rock Band 2 afterwards.

I am just hoping it is Frequency 3, and with its merger with MTV it only makes it easier to get some of the master tracks they want, though Frequency is kind of leaned more toward technoy music. And I can't wait to play it online again. It is such a good game and now that they have gained more fame from Guitar Hero and now the upcoming Rock Band I think it will help them boost in sales from Frequency, because though it was given such great reviews, it never sold as well as it should have.

And the one thing that Frequency holds over all other rhythm games is the ability to remix. The remix mode gives you the creative freedom to do whatever you want and the ability to remix together online and share remixes. That was best part of the experience for me. I just know Harmonix will eventually get back to the series and I am just hoping it will be after Rock Band.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "3 button" Guitar Hero IS Frequency/ Amplitude. This is it. This is Amplitude 3.

It plays exactly like Amplitude using the PS2 face buttons. Guitar Hero this is not.
Mpk  

Location: The coldest and most boring place in the world. Denmark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so how you hit the notes then? Are there are spacial controller like GH or are you just gonna hit the screen with your dick hoping that that will tear the notes apart? Seriously tell me. And by the way the grafics look like something from the 80s.
Matt  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mpk wrote:
Okay so how you hit the notes then? Are there are spacial controller like GH or are you just gonna hit the screen with your dick hoping that that will tear the notes apart? Seriously tell me. And by the way the grafics look like something from the 80s.

Did you not even read the article? It's for the iPod (hence the graphics). And the dick comment was completely inappropriate.
Mark 8:36
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MethodMan wrote:
A "3 button" Guitar Hero IS Frequency/ Amplitude. This is it. This is Amplitude 3.

It plays exactly like Amplitude using the PS2 face buttons. Guitar Hero this is not.

Wait, I thought it was for an iPod?
Looks like a poor excuse for a PS2 game if it is one.

And I am talking about the art style with flames, use of a star rating system, no spaceship blaster...

It isn't a true sequel to Amplitude to say the least. And it seems they are trying to target guitar hero players, which I am not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing because it seems to be affecting the original style of Frequency.

Also, Harmonix has always listened to its fans.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is obviously some fake game just like "Garage Band". Besides, Amplitude has much better graphics than that.

Goals:
5-star the main set list on GH2 for 360 []
Beat Battery on RB2 []
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Random Picklez Wii Friend Code: 4551955201381507
MethodMan  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaximusDM wrote:
MethodMan wrote:

And I am talking about the art style with flames, use of a star rating system, no spaceship blaster...

It isn't a true sequel to Amplitude to say the least. And it seems they are trying to target guitar hero players, which I am not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing because it seems to be affecting the original style of Frequency.

It is for iPod, but it mimics the PS2 controller. And who cares about the art style? The Guitar Hero rating system is just Karaoke Revolution. And it isn't a true sequel, because it couldn't be. It's a spiritual succesor.
TheDarkSawblade  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MethodMan wrote:
MaximusDM wrote:
MethodMan wrote:

It is for iPod, but it mimics the PS2 controller. And who cares about the art style? The Guitar Hero rating system is just Karaoke Revolution. And it isn't a true sequel, because it couldn't be. It's a spiritual succesor.
OK thank you for helping me know that this game is real. ;)

Goals:
5-star the main set list on GH2 for 360 []
Beat Battery on RB2 []
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Random Picklez Wii Friend Code: 4551955201381507
epock  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got it and it is sweet! It eats batteries like a mofo, but for the most part, the chart generator is spot on. Anyone else get this?

It's not terribly challenging, but some songs are actually quite hard. The hardest ones I've played so far are:

Juke Joint Jezebel: KMFDM
5:15: The Who
Kiss From A Rose: Seal?! zomgwtfbbq (seriously, it probably sincs up the best out of any song I've played so far AND its challenging (mildly). Much fun.)
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey: Paul McCartney

Anyone else have any hard/fun/personal favorite to play songs?

Best 5 dollars I ever spent for the iPod.
Juggernaut7581  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a great game for the iPod and I love how you can play any song on it. It's not really Guitar Hero, because it's based more on the beat of the song than the actual notes of any one instrument.

The only drawback is that my iPod buttons tend to lag a little (all the time not just in the game.) Does anyone else have this problem?
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... I downloaded it, put songs into the Phase Music playlist on iTunes, synced the iPod aaaaand nothing. At all. Anywhere. Any ideas, you clever clever people?

Obviously I wouldn't be dick enough to download it without checking my iPod was compatible so please don't be suggesting that.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
crazymonkey841  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Okay... I downloaded it, put songs into the Phase Music playlist on iTunes, synced the iPod aaaaand nothing. At all. Anywhere. Any ideas, you clever clever people?

Obviously I wouldn't be dick enough to download it without checking my iPod was compatible so please don't be suggesting that.

Id have to say youre iPod isnt compatible, check that. I would have checked before you downloadedjk
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, nice.

Um... yeah, I sorted it out. RTFM, etc.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
acra  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is quite fun. Just bought it and tried it out.

Marathon mode is really hard, though. 4 stars in a 30 second section. Ludicrous.

From my tests: My Sharona is fun as hell, Arch Enemy is ok, Mors Principium Est is pretty fun, Protest the Hero changes tempo too much, Scotty Doesn't Know made me chuckle, and Puddle of Mudd's Blurry is quite enjoyable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: