ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
My Name is Jonas
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
XRocker13  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Name Is Jonas Optimal
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/PizzaHut123456/Star%20Power%20Paths/MyNameIsJonasOptimal.png
You know, there was a time when none of us had "uber skills" and right now, this guy has no "uber skills", so why dont you use your "uber skills" and try to help him get "uber skills" and maybe someday he can use his "uber skills" to help people get "uber skills" INSTEAD OF TAKING A HUGE SHIT ON HIM ABOUT NOT HAVING "UBER SKILLS"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF7R9UwfLUM
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two, I havn't been able to test out the second one though, because I can't seem to FC it again.

2- Right away
2- At GYB chords
2- Right away
2- Right away
It skips two, but it's pretty good.

#2-

2- Right away
2- At GYB chords
2- Right away
3- Right away

I havn't tested it, but you have 9/10 phrases in this one.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ending on 3 in My Name is Jonas is very bad.

In the path already posted, you are actually running over the fifth phrase, not having SP end right at it (which is how it appears on the chart). You have to run over a phrase in the first 5 phrases, but I would prefer to get the squeeze out of the way first and run over the third phrase.

So here are two paths:

"Optimal" FC path
This path includes all the basic squeezes (but no double squeezes). Successful execution of this path will get you the equivalent of 362050 + ticks on the last hold. Most players trying for a good score should follow this path.
Notice that you are actually squeezing the first note of the 3rd SP phrase into the first activation, so you run over that phrase. Another option is not to squeeze that note in, get the 3rd and 4th phrases, and run over the 5th phrase, hitting a chord squeeze in that activation (as the previously posted path would do). You get the same number of notes either way, but as I said previously, I would prefer to get the squeeze out of the way first.

Super-Optimal Path
This path includes 3 Yes We Can-esque double squeezes and will get you the upper bound score if you can actually execute it.
Notice that you do not squeeze in the first activation this time: you will run over the 5th phrase instead of the 3rd phrase.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the super squeeze that first place used? 3rd activation from the GYB chord to the B after the phrase ends?
[*] YouTube Page.
[*] Rock Band Accomplishments Thread.
[*] RB2 Drum Scores / 50/84 Drums FCs
[*] RB2 Vocals Scores / 60/84 Vox FCs
[*] 11 Million Rock Band 1 Drums!
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could have been in any of the last three activations on the double squeeze path I posted. My guess would be that he hit the second to last one (which is the one you said) since it is easy to hammer early in GH3.

Location: Long Island... owait, Vancouver Island... Yep, Vancouver Island.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbaloot wrote:
Super-Optimal Path
This path includes 3 Yes We Can-esque double squeezes and will get you the upper bound score if you can actually execute it.
Notice that you do not squeeze in the first activation this time: you will run over the 5th phrase instead of the 3rd phrase.

Instead of doing the first two activations like you have them, wouldn't it be easier to overwrite sometime during the third phrase, and squeeze a hopo there? Takes away from the complexity of activating late on a hopo.
Welcome, Piso. Your last login was Sep. 6, 2009, 1:41AM. - From April 25th, 2010. Hihi.

My GH2 co-op paths hosting

10:56 JR626-1 : i'm half retarded now
10:56 jaimeclaude : now?
10:56 psxfreak101 : only half?

Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piso wrote:
Barbaloot wrote:
Super-Optimal Path

Instead of doing the first two activations like you have them, wouldn't it be easier to overwrite sometime during the third phrase, and squeeze a hopo there? Takes away from the complexity of activating late on a hopo.

The problem with that is that if you double squeeze a hammer at the end of the activation, you get exactly as many notes as you would if you squeezed a chord at the end. For instance, if you start the third activation at the beginning of measure 13 and double squeeze to the first orange note of measure 17, you only get as many notes as you would if you had just activated on the previous note and hit a regular chord squeeze.

The second activation, the way I have it, get 4*1200 plus a note and chord. If you overwrite the third phrase, the best you can do is 4*1200 plus a chord or two notes.

You could, if you wanted, start the second activation earlier in measure 20, and you would get the same number of notes as long as you double squeezed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adzicents wrote:
Where's the super squeeze that first place used? 3rd activation from the GYB chord to the B after the phrase ends?

yes. I got the hardest squeeze. I will practice the other 2 and get the optimal score soon enough!

EDIT: or, I'll send Lo7 a message over Xbox Live telling him to get all of them. btw, that really hard one (GYB chord to the B) will probably never happen again for another million runs.

Last edited by strikebowler585 on Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: strikebowler585
lordtalos  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XRocker13 wrote:
My Name Is Jonas Optimal
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/PizzaHut123456/Star%20Power%20Paths/MyNameIsJonasOptimal.png

This path gets you 356150 (not optimal, in case you didn't notice), but it did get me my best score on this song, so far. Just wanted to let you know how much it was worth. I 100%, FC'ed it using this path and that's the score I got.
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordtalos wrote:
XRocker13 wrote:
My Name Is Jonas Optimal

This path gets you 356150 (not optimal, in case you didn't notice), but it did get me my best score on this song, so far. Just wanted to let you know how much it was worth. I 100%, FC'ed it using this path and that's the score I got.

My guess is that you ran over the third phrase without noticing, activated after you got a half bar again, and ran over the fifth phrase. Was your third activation during all the GYB chords or after them?

Jibrizzle wrote:
I Prolly sound dumb but i cant tell when you use it in the picture ... is it the gray line

On the paths I posted, the light blue shaded areas are the areas where SP is being used.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a score of 362,050 on this song and I really want to know where people get like the extra 8 points from :\. I always end in a 50.
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They squeeze ticks out of the last activation.
freakshowexcess  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thurman91 wrote:
Tapion013 wrote:
Apparently some guy just got a 367K score on this song... has a picture too although i don't know how it's possible

Edit: Apparently it's not :-P

my guess would be easy expert or photoshop.

the super optimal path is so nucking futs (scratch that, reverse it). ive already used the "optimal path" and got 362,058 but apparently you can squeeze out the ticks up to 362,066. Ill try for that first before taking on super optimal, this song will be what Jordan is to HA, a lifelong battle.

After just playing it for about 45 minutes, the "super optimal" path is most certainly possible. I managed to hit both of the the squeezes for the 2nd and 3rd activations, but immediately screwed up afterwords. The 4th activation squeeze is the same as the 2nd, so I can certainly hit it. I should be hopefully be getting optimal soon.

http://www.youtube.com/user/freakshowGH

Check out some of my music at www.myspace.com/mikeguyer
ChadCasket  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres my video
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=23573387
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: