ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Seeker
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Easy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
REPS911  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-3-3-2?
theleadguitarist  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 2-3-3-2 would be the best path.
Ber-Zophus  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-3-3-2 worked well for me. Here's the specifics I used:

-2-Immediately [Whammy only first note in each phrase, which should give exactly the amount to fit]
-3-Activate 2 beats into the Y of the star power phrase.
-3-Activate 2 beats into the Y of the star power phrase.
-2-After the long Y pause, 5th G [bar 72]

- Ber'Zophus
ChadCasket  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got first by switching the last one of yours to the 8th green..
Crescent  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Chads path I managed to get 3rd place for now, I can't squeeze any more points out of it though
DrSham  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The optimal path for this (based on debr's estimates), which will net over 104k and an 8* is:

C2 - Whammy only the first G hold in each SP phrase & activate immediately on the R hold (last note of SP2)
1 (S1) - Activate on the Y note of the next SP phrase (therefore skipping it)
2 (S1) - 2nd Y
3 - 5th Y

Unfortunately, after many attempts at this it is not as easy as it sounds!!!

Whilst the 1st activation is a little finicky, it's the 2nd activation that's the problem. There are 2 long holds in the 1st SP & a short hold at the beginning of the next SP (this is before you activate on the next note following this short hold) which gives 7.75 beats of SP, hypothetically enough to complete half a bar of SP and thus being able to activate straight away. However, I tried this numerous times and just couldn't get enough SP to activate on time (and I think my whammying is pretty good) but if you try it as I'm going to explain you should have a bit more success.

The first & third notes of the 1st SP are both single notes followed by long holds that you have to whammy it their entirety. These holds are both HOPO's so if you start whammying when you hit the single notes & immediately play the next note as a HOPO (rather than strumming it) making sure not to break the whammying, you'll get all the available SP if you switch early enough. Whilst this may not work every time it is certainly more successful than strumming these holds & then whammying like a madman (didn't manage it once this way)

Sorry for this being long winded but it's probably the toughest whammy in the whole of the setlist to get. Let me know if this helps anyone as I found this really tough, and looking at the top scores only about half a dozen people have managed this so far.

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
Danny37415  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSham wrote:
The optimal path for this (based on debr's estimates), which will net over 104k and an 8* is:

C2 - Whammy only the first G hold in each SP phrase & activate immediately on the R hold (last note of SP2)
1 (S1) - Activate on the Y note of the next SP phrase (therefore skipping it)
2 (S1) - 2nd Y
3 - 5th Y

Unfortunately, after many attempts at this it is not as easy as it sounds!!!

Whilst the 1st activation is a little finicky, it's the 2nd activation that's the problem. There are 2 long holds in the 1st SP & a short hold at the beginning of the next SP (this is before you activate on the next note following this short hold) which gives 7.75 beats of SP, hypothetically enough to complete half a bar of SP and thus being able to activate straight away. However, I tried this numerous times and just couldn't get enough SP to activate on time (and I think my whammying is pretty good) but if you try it as I'm going to explain you should have a bit more success.

The first & third notes of the 1st SP are both single notes followed by long holds that you have to whammy it their entirety. These holds are both HOPO's so if you start whammying when you hit the single notes & immediately play the next note as a HOPO (rather than strumming it) making sure not to break the whammying, you'll get all the available SP if you switch early enough. Whilst this may not work every time it is certainly more successful than strumming these holds & then whammying like a madman (didn't manage it once this way)

Sorry for this being long winded but it's probably the toughest whammy in the whole of the setlist to get. Let me know if this helps anyone as I found this really tough, and looking at the top scores only about half a dozen people have managed this so far.

I've been trying to 8 star this beast but I've been confused by this path. First off what does the C mean in front of the first SP. And then after the 3rd SP i can only get 2 more after that instead of 3. can you help me?

Yes i live in Tennesse, no im not a redneck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 330828236035
DrSham  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny37415 wrote:
I've been trying to 8 star this beast but I've been confused by this path. First off what does the C mean in front of the first SP. And then after the 3rd SP i can only get 2 more after that instead of 3. can you help me?

The 'C' means that you don't whammy all SP, only those holds that are quoted (in this case the 2 G holds only). I also think you're probably running over the 2nd SP phrase causing everything afterwards to back up and that's why you've only got 2 SP's left at the end.

Here it is in pictures, props to debr. Hope it helps

http://www.bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/gh3-ps2/easy/theseeker.hundred-zero.best.png

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
Danny37415  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dr. Sham, I got 4th place with 104,123. I'm not a very good squeezer
so thats quite the accomplishment for me!

Yes i live in Tennesse, no im not a redneck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 330828236035
bennybdj911  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Sham....I'm looking at the pic you posted. I see 5 activations in the illustration, yet you only write about 4. Am I missing something?
DrSham  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bennybdj911 wrote:
Dr. Sham....I'm looking at the pic you posted. I see 5 activations in the illustration, yet you only write about 4. Am I missing something?

There is definitely only 4 activations. Are you counting the S1 referred to as this means a skipped SP, not an activation.

Gamertag - Doc Sham
bennybdj911  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no...in the picture i clearly see 5 blue colored sections refering to an activation.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSham wrote:
bennybdj911 wrote:

There is definitely only 4 activations. Are you counting the S1 referred to as this means a skipped SP, not an activation.

benny's right

there's 5 activations
2 - IMM (whammy 1st green of each phrase only)
1 (S1) - 1st Yellow of next phrase
1 - 4R
3 - 1.75bars into yellow of the 2nd phrase
2 - 12G
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Cabanon
bennybdj911  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont doubt there are supposed to be only 4, but i just need to know which i should ignore from the illustration. my mind does crazy things when i READ a report, then SEE it differently on paper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Easy All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: