ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Prayer of the Refugee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hheemm  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot2004 wrote:
Looking at the LIVE leaderboards, we are missing a squeeze, possibly in the 2nd activation. I've been trying to get the insane squeeze, but I have yet to grab it.

I'd like to wonder how many of those people with top spots use easy expert? I stopped trying to get 1sts because of this.
I just put in a 500GB HD in my PS3 I dont want to have to buy a new one already
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy Expert disables online tracking.
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you can easily get another note in the second activation, which is not marked on batsmak's chart. You should have a full bar from the two phrases, so the squeeze should be pretty simple.

I also get that ending 4-S1 gets exactly as many points as ending 2-3, 7950 (not counting the potential ticks in 4-S1).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I went ahead and charted out the optimal path. SP activations are in blue. I didn't mark the double squeezes because it's pretty obvious where they are...There is one for every activation.

On a side note - The activations in the Chorus can be moved around, i just find it easier to activate on the 3 consecutive RB chords.

Optimal Path
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your last activation is 2 measures too long on the chart. Also, I would recommend 2-2-4 instead of 2-2-2-3 (unless you plan on double squeezing) because it is simpler and has the possibility of extra ticks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a lot harder to squeeze than I thought to earn the extra 400. I've tried very many times on the 2nd activation.
[x] 420/420* - Endless Setlist 2
[ ] G* Rude Mood
Customs/Previews (8/1)
Newest: Nottingham Lace - Buckethead
Preview: Hearts Burst Into Fire - Bullet for My Valentine
DomCas  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the 2-2-4 path i just got 368466, seems like a good path to me.

GH3x -24.5m+ (top 40 world)
ttfaf 872k
http://www.youtube.com/emericadom1126
munkyzero  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I might've gotten lucky and I'm not trying to brag, but the double squeeze for the first activation was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Getting 370,006 only took me less than like 5 or so runs through the song, and most of the times I restarted were because I missed a note....
bobthefish1  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

munkyzero wrote:
Wow, I might've gotten lucky and I'm not trying to brag, but the double squeeze for the first activation was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Getting 370,006 only took me less than like 5 or so runs through the song, and most of the times I restarted were because I missed a note....

370006 is the score without the double squeezes (I think)
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobthefish1 wrote:
munkyzero wrote:

This. 370,006 is the score you get with the optimal path without any double squeezes. The double squeezes on this song aren't hard to actually squeeze out, but it's hard to make the timing window not just move onto the next note with the squeezes. 371,606 is optimal, which is 1600 more than no squeeze. This means a double squeeze on ever activation. Haha. Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:
bobthefish1 wrote:
munkyzero wrote:

This. 370,006 is the score you get with the optimal path without any double squeezes. The double squeezes on this song aren't hard to actually squeeze out, but it's hard to make the timing window not just move onto the next note with the squeezes. 371,606 is optimal, which is 1600 more than no squeeze. This means a double squeeze on ever activation. Haha. Good luck.

Wait, isn't the first activation in the 370,006 path a double squeeze? Lol I actually don't even know the definition of double squeeze.
Abomstar  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got 370,006 six times in a row; hyper-speed 5 enabled, REALLY pushing those squeezes. Doubting that anything higher is possible, and if so this is really easy to optimal. Might still fire this up every once in a while to try to smash it; if I see some proof that any of those double squeezes are even possible then it is on.
munkyzero  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abomstar wrote:
Got 370,006 six times in a row; hyper-speed 5 enabled, REALLY pushing those squeezes. Doubting that anything higher is possible, and if so this is really easy to optimal. Might still fire this up every once in a while to try to smash it; if I see some proof that any of those double squeezes are even possible then it is on.

There are people who already have higher than 370,006, so it is indeed not optimal.

EDIT: Nvm, I found it. So double squeeze means squeezing in two notes outside of your SP.
MrMan0123  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a video of a 370,006 run for anyone who's having trouble with their path.

GH3 - Prayer Of The Refugee 100% FC 370,006
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: tallguy1337
TheVacuum7  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbaloot wrote:

I also get that ending 4-S1 gets exactly as many points as ending 2-3, 7950 (not counting the potential ticks in 4-S1).

Since there is another activation in the 2-3 ending, wouldn't that mean that u could get more points for squeezing (or double squeezing) both activations of the 2-3 ending?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: