ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SG Mod(s)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GibsonSolo  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: SG Mod(s) Reply with quote

First of all, I'd like to say I'm new to the community, but I've been reading the boards for a few weeks now. I've seen several GREAT ideas on the boards that I am going to use to upgrade my stock SG. I've already painted it to match my RL Bullseye Custom (looks pretty cool seeing the smaller SG next to the real thing). I'm also installing the solo buttons (Five 1/2 inch Radio Shack push button switches), the Star Power button, and I'm thinking of putting in the Killswitch.

My concern with the Killswitch is as follows:

First, the location of the Killswitch. I do not want to place it where the start/select buttons are. I was thinking of doing the following; I would like to put another push button on the fret board somewhere. Maybe between the standard buttons and my solo buttons (which are located on frets 10-14). What I am thinking while playing is using a combo between the strum bar and the new button (not sure if I should still call it a Killswitch for this purpose) for use with the standard 5 buttons on the guitar. Then when solo's come, use the strum bar and the solo buttons I've installed. I want to put this new (killswitch) button in the fretboard because I would like to play some parts of the songs like Van Halen would do. My only concern is would I have to repeat pushing the new button (killswitch), or could I wire it in where all I had to do was hold it down with my right hand finger, and use my left had to play the standard five buttons?

I am not able to figure out solutions w/motherboards on my own, so I have chosen to come to the community and hope to find an answer. I am however, able to look at pictures or listen to directions and be able to do the project that way. Would I wire this button on the fretboard the same way the Killswitch mod shows, or would it be a different kind of soldering job (or is it even possible?)? Any help would be greatly appricated
trofl  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: SG Mod(s) Reply with quote

GibsonSolo wrote:
My only concern is would I have to repeat pushing the new button (killswitch), or could I wire it in where all I had to do was hold it down with my right hand finger, and use my left had to play the standard five buttons?

The killswitch tutorial in this forum is how to make a button to strum for you. Phr34k has done something like the second thing you said... where he just holds down a button and activates the fret buttons as both fret and strum buttons.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: