ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Help (long), Rock Lee's theme.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drscience  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Help (long), Rock Lee's theme. Reply with quote

Dang, where to start? I've been putting so much work into this project to get my song into the game. I'll jump right into it.
I recorded this song myself, I recorded the guitar and drums seperate for awesomness. So I have two wavs, I converted both wavs into vags then...I have no idea what the heck I'm doing. The conversion between vags and vgs just confused me with Java that I don't understand where am I typing what? I had a good friend of mine do it for me, and now I have two vgs one with the drum track and one with the guitar track.I know that can't be right. so I put my midi file and the guitar vga into ghex anyway and the bit rate for my vgs is 44100Hz butt the song plays waaay too fast.
I thought I was doing so good too, recording the two tracks, making an awesome sng in freetar, converting it into midi. Butt then all of a sudden all these problems just bombarded me to a halt. I really want to release this song for everyone!
I'll post anything I got if you guys can help me. It's all legel because I made the recording. (don't laugh at my pathetic attempt at a solo...[infact go ahead and laugh at it...I mean I do haha.] ...haha)

my aim screename is drscience123 if you really care to help.
Thank you.

Two vgs: http://pimpinjuice.net/vgs.rar
Everything else: http://rapidshare.com/files/6249831/Rock_Lee_stuff.rar.html

Last edited by Drscience on Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, you only need one .vgs file. You are supposed to combine the two .vag files into the single .vgs file. Can't remember which utility you use for that. The song playing way too fast usually means that you converted the .wav to .vag wrong in MFAudio. Here's what you do, open MFAudio, open your song, change the output audio format to .VAG, save as whatever filename you want, hit Process!. That's it, you shouldn't need to change anything else, unless your source .wav is at a different frequency for some reason.

I'm interested in seeing the first completely custom song
Meteodragoon  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Help (long), Rock Lee's theme. Reply with quote

Drscience wrote:
Dang, where to start? I've been putting so much work into this project to get my song into the game. I'll jump right into it.
I recorded this song myself, I recorded the guitar and drums seperate for awesomness. So I have two wavs, I converted both wavs into vags then...I have no idea what the heck I'm doing. The conversion between vags and vgs just confused me with Java that I don't understand where am I typing what? I had a good friend of mine do it for me, and now I have two vgs one with the drum track and one with the guitar track.I know that can't be right. so I put my midi file and the guitar vga into ghex anyway and the bit rate for my vgs is 44100Hz butt the song plays waaay too fast.
I thought I was doing so good too, recording the two tracks, making an awesome sng in freetar, converting it into midi. Butt then all of a sudden all these problems just bombarded me to a halt. I really want to release this song for everyone!
I'll post anything I got if you guys can help me. It's all legel because I made the recording. (don't laugh at my pathetic attempt at a solo...[infact go ahead and laugh at it...I mean I do haha.] ...haha)

my aim screename is drscience123 if you really care to help.
Thank you.

The bit rate you are referring to is actually the sampling rate...and that number seems fine.. Check the real bit rate which will be in kbps. I had a problem with on of my songs being too slow, and I found the bit rate was different.. A good bit rate is 192kbps. If you can upload your files, I may be able to help.
Drscience  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your quick replys, I updated my first post with links to all the files exept the midi file, which can be made from the sng. I havn't messed with any of the events. I thinnk most of my problems are happeneing in the vag to vgs stage, mainly because I don't know how, or can't do it.
Meteodragoon  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drscience wrote:
Thank you for your quick replys, I updated my first post with links to all the files exept the midi file, which can be made from the sng. I havn't messed with any of the events. I thinnk most of my problems are happeneing in the vag to vgs stage, mainly because I don't know how, or can't do it.

There is a problem with your wav files. I can't even convert them. Your bit rate on both wavs is very high. I would suggest that you try to record it again at 192 kbps and a 44100 sampling rate. Then we will be in business
Drscience  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys think I should start over then? and if so what do you recomend for recording? I just used the basic microsoft sound recorder , I had then placed it into audacity to sync it up with the drums, Should I try something different?
Meteodragoon  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drscience wrote:
Do you guys think I should start over then? and if so what do you recomend for recording? I just used the basic microsoft sound recorder , I had then placed it into audacity to sync it up with the drums, Should I try something different?

I don't know much about the available sound recorders out there.. All I can recommend is finding a program which will let you set your own bit and sampling rates.
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meteodragoon wrote:
Drscience wrote:

I don't know much about the available sound recorders out there.. All I can recommend is finding a program which will let you set your own bit and sampling rates.

I'm pretty sure Audacity can do that...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: