ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
WALMART - (SUBJECT EDITED TO BE LESS CRUDE)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: WALMART - (SUBJECT EDITED TO BE LESS CRUDE) Reply with quote

So - three weeks ago, I queued up for nearly 6 hours to get a Wii at Wal-mart - I was 27/28, so assured a console...

To cut a long story short, two jackasses managed to sneak in somehow, and i got shafted. However, after complaining about it at length, I was given a $50 gift certificate towards the new stock, and a raincheck (for those who don't know, a raincheck is a piece of paper they give you to "hold" an out of stock item for you, so that when it comes in stock, there will be one set aside for you)

I have been calling them practically daily since then, and keep getting the same answer "we'll call you when they arrive, your raincheck will be honored"

So, today I call : THE FUCKTARDS GOT IN A BUNCH OF UNITS YESTERDAY, AND THEY'RE ALL FUCKING GONE - YES, THAT'S RIGHT, ALL GONE!!!!!!!!!

To say I am pissed off is a fucking understatement.

I guess all that I can do is go over there and complain tonight after work, but right now, I'm sitting here seething. Any ideas, suggestions, etc would be most welcome!

Last edited by wuLFe on Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....sorry to hear that. Wal-Mart is either the best place to buy things, or the worst. So far, my experience has been retardly awesome. Last big purchase I made from them (a PSP) allowed me to get a copy of SOCOM FTB for buttfucking free. That, and a friend used her employee discount for me, so a PSP pack and FTB for under $250. It was nice.

But as for your situation, I'd just call the manager and give him a piece of my mind. You received a fucking raincheck. That's not cool.

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want we should rough them up?

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you know how I felt about the initial issue, of course... but this is just insane!!! My best suggestion is to complain to the general manager. And you need to make sure they know exactly how upset you are... A $50 gift card for having to wait 6 hours in line and then an extra 3 weeks is definitely not worth the hassle. They probably felt that was fair, but their ineptitude is what caused the whole problem to begin with!! I am amazed they didn't put one specifically on a raincheck hold. I think that as of this point you should make it a point to never shop at that Wal-Mart again... You could spend the $50 gift card getting Zelda and then buy the Wii elsewhere if you can find it.

As I said before, our Wal-Mart handled the launch great. A few people did try to sneak into line and I made sure to point them out so it was fair for the people that were waiting in line. Everyone got their Wii that was supposed to. They had some weird stock on the accessories, but whatever... I still had my Wii at launch.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - I'd already decided not to ever shop at Wal-Suck again after the initial debacle - this only further cements that decision...

Shame really - let's hope that the 14 year old who cut in line and got away with it because of the ineptitude of the management spends as much there as I used to!

Now, it doesn't change the fact that I am wii-less though

That makes me a sad panda - and they're still selling for about $400 on eBay and there's no way I'm paying that...
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I would have rather sold my extra to you at cost than to some shitface on Ebay. Then again, we were expecting a LOT more than $400 for it.

I looked on a few websites but everything is sold out. I hear another batch is shipping out on December 18th (which is my birthday!).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
To be honest, I would have rather sold my extra to you at cost than to some shitface on Ebay. Then again, we were expecting a LOT more than $400 for it.

I looked on a few websites but everything is sold out. I hear another batch is shipping out on December 18th (which is my birthday!).

Did you get two Xmas presents, or one big one when you were a kid?
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2, but my birthday was always much smaller of a deal than my siblings' since mine was so close to Christmas (not from a rich family by any stretch of the imagination). Read your PM.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just avoid Wal-Mart anyway because it is the devil. I'm sorry to hear about the Wii though...everyone should have one. Next time don't go Wal-Mart
manicmonkey  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:

hey! my birthday is on the 17th! we should have a party

wulfe, go complain and hope they will give you another gift certificate. you might have to wait longer but it'll be $100 cheaper!
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manicmonkey wrote:
Huwonk wrote:

hey! my birthday is on the 17th! we should have a party

wulfe, go complain and hope they will give you another gift certificate. you might have to wait longer but it'll be $100 cheaper!

Lets!

Even better, get the $100 and still don't buy the Wii there... 2 free games might make it worth it...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't feel like spending half of my evening in Wal-Mart again

But still - hopefully at the least I can get a gift certificate or something - maybe use the two i have to buy a DS, and just hold off on the Wii until a SMB Galaxy bundle is available
manicmonkey  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
I really don't feel like spending half of my evening in Wal-Mart again

But still - hopefully at the least I can get a gift certificate or something - maybe use the two i have to buy a DS, and just hold off on the Wii until a SMB Galaxy bundle is available

sounds good Mr. Green free ds over complaining
BigE  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wulfe...i'm actually going to take the side of wal-mart on this one.

A "rain check" does not keep an item for you. All a raincheck is, is a piece of paper that says you will get the item for the same price as you would've if it had been there when you were there.

Rain check "An assurance to a customer that an item on sale that is sold out or out of stock may be purchased later at the sale price."

so yeah. If they gave you a piece of paper that said, "we will set aside 1 Wii for you when our next shipment comes in", then you have more of a case.

sooo...Case dismissed.

My Sig Was Apparently Too Large.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigE wrote:
wulfe...i'm actually going to take the side of wal-mart on this one.

A "rain check" does not keep an item for you. All a raincheck is, is a piece of paper that says you will get the item for the same price as you would've if it had been there when you were there.

Rain check "An assurance to a customer that an item on sale that is sold out or out of stock may be purchased later at the sale price."

so yeah. If they gave you a piece of paper that said, "we will set aside 1 Wii for you when our next shipment comes in", then you have more of a case.

sooo...Case dismissed.

Listen, Mr. Law School...

Anyway, wuLFe, are you aware of The Shimmies? We have ways of getting things done... Mr. Green

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: