ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
So I got a Wii, and no game... what should i get?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: So I got a Wii, and no game... what should i get? Reply with quote

I have Wii Sports obviously. and right now i am broke, until about the 22nd or 23rd, and i was wondering What is a good game to buy? I know some of you have a wii and probly some games, so tell me which is most enjoyable to you. (i have the feeling Zelda will come up assloads)

Edit: If you choose Zelda, give me some GOOD reasons. here is some reasons why: First off the only zelda games i've beat are the SNES one and the GB one (oh and also Minish Cap for GBA). i've played OoT alot but i never really felt so intrested as to finish it. Majora's mask was horrible. And Windwaker is alright but i lost intrest halfway through. So give me solid reasons i should buy Zelda if that is your choice. Also pick a game other then Zelda for a side note type thing.

Last edited by Tahmer on Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Tahmer
Riz  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelda is definitely the answer, but you may actually have a harder time finding a copy than you did finding a console. The game had a 75% attach rate to the console (with console sales estimated at 600,000) at launch, and I don't think they had any idea it would sell nearly that well. Probably the only reason it didn't have a 100% attach rate was because they only made 500,000 or something, figuring a 100% attach was silly (I bet it would have been 97 or 98% if they had have made enough). Every place I've checked at is sold out, and unlike the consoles themselves they are *not* expecting more stock before xmas.

Riz.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Wii play when I got my Wii last night, based on the sole fact that I got a free controller with it. I might get Zelda when I get paid next, or get it for Christmas too

I cant wait for SSB
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riz wrote:
Zelda is definitely the answer, but you may actually have a harder time finding a copy than you did finding a console. The game had a 75% attach rate to the console (with console sales estimated at 600,000) at launch, and I don't think they had any idea it would sell nearly that well. Probably the only reason it didn't have a 100% attach rate was because they only made 500,000 or something, figuring a 100% attach was silly (I bet it would have been 97 or 98% if they had have made enough). Every place I've checked at is sold out, and unlike the consoles themselves they are *not* expecting more stock before xmas.

Riz.

Quite the contrary, last i seen Wal mart here had a bunch left. although a few did sell with this last batch of Wii's. (that probly only applies to here though, but i do see it getting sold with 75% of the wii's themselves.

So here's a new question. say i buy Zelda, what else should i get?
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were more rare at launch. I'm pretty sure I've seen Zelda in stock at every store I've been to (looking for accessories).

Depends on what you really want. I just beat Rayman last night and I must say it was a very interesting (and good) game. I think you really should TRY as many of the games you plan to purchase before you play them. Monkey Ball and Rayman are both great for multiplayer except a few of the Monkey Ball games take FOREVER and are broken.

If I had to rate my current games:

Zelda - 9.5/10
Rayman - 8/10
Wii Sports - 8/10
Monkey Ball - 7.5/10
Red Steel - 6/10

I'll be picking up Metal Slug Anthology (12/8 release) and Elebits (12/14 I think) next week probably...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously. Get Zelda. You won't have any trouble finding it...and it's quite possibly the best one yet.
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also quite interested in this...

So far, I'm committed to Zelda, and probably Rayman. How about Ultimate Alliance?

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to SMB:Galaxy and Wario Ware - I will also almost certainly pick up the new Metroid game when it gets released!

EDIT : Any idea about Trauma Center?
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Trauma Center and it's pretty enjoyable. My roommate is the one who plays it a lot and he seems to love it. Odds are if you've played the DS one and liked it...you'll enjoy it. Just obviously be aware that the game isn't the deepest thing ever and if you're looking for a 60 hour quest to tackle or something (a la Zelda)...that's not what you get. But that's obvious.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Trauma Center for the DS, and it is a very cool game. I'm pretty sure the Wii version is just a port/remake. Wario Ware is going to be awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trauma Center is currently the best game out for the Wii not called Zelda. It uses the controls very well, and it's actually a game and not a collection of assorted minigames. Granted, the story isn't anything spectacular, and some of the operations are just stupid hard, and occasionally the controls don't work quite as well as you'd like. Even with its problems though, I think TC:SO embodies everything that makes the Wii so cool and so much different then the 360 or the PS3
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold!!

Providing Wal-Mart weren't screwing around with me when they said that one should be arriving today or latest tomorrow for me, I will be picking up the following:

1 Wii
1* Zelda
1* Rayman
1* Trauma Center

I'd also like to get component video cables, and two extra controllers, but fat chance of finding those
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any other console (like the 360 or ps3) then get ultimate alliance for that. The Wii version sucks, they didn't use the controller in any way that makes it compelling, in fact, I always found myself accidently rotating the camera and annoying my friends that were playing (you rotate the camera by tilting the nunchuk in either direction). You don't have to use the wii controller motions, and more often than not, just pressing a button is more effective.

I actually kind of like the Dragon Ball Z game, and I'm not a fan of that series (or the creator) nor am I really a fan of fighting games. The controlls are confusing at first, but are actually pretty good. The fights look impressive, like you are watching the show. If you aren't a fan, I'd say at least give it a rental shot, if you are a fan, then pick it up.

I can't say anything about Zelda that hasn't already been said so I'll leave it at that.

Monkey Ball is alright, I have fun with it when playing with friends or family, I haven't done too much of the single player game though.
Adamallica  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trauma Center is neat, but I don't think it's worth a buy - I got bored of it pretty quickly as most of the "operations" are very repetitive....Rayman is also tricky - some people love it, some people hate it - I'd give them both a rent before you decide to buy....

In my opinion, the only thing that's worth buying right now is Zelda...I'd hold off on anything else for a while. I rented Monkey Ball and had a really fun time with the multiplayer, but there are way too many buggy things in it that would stop me from buying it - like no way to quit out of a game other than reseting....

You can tell that the developers aren't used to the Wii yet (especially when going from Trauma Center to Red Steel - the Wii remote is so accurate in TC, but jumps all over the place in Red Steel). Give it time, and there's sure to be some amazing games...(like Zelda)

Wii Play looks interesting....too bad its not out in the US yet....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well Now i am for sure buying Zelda, and renting Trauma center from Gamefly. Does anyone know how Call Of Duty 3 is? i have it for the 360 but i would like to know how it handles on the wii before i decide to rent it. also anyone have Excite Truck?
manicmonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get zelda because that game is awesome and it will last you quite a long time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: