ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Hanging your Controller on the Wall: Solutions?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockmaninoff  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Hanging your Controller on the Wall: Solutions? Reply with quote

Hello!

So I was just moving some stuff in my apartment at school and realized I would love to hang my SG controllers and 360 controller, as well as any future controllers, from the wall. I know there are wall mounts for standard guitars, but those would require drilling and screws, and for a lot of us students, that's forbidden by our school or landlord.

I looked at these:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Command/home/us_en/products/metal_hooks/

and

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Command/home/us_en/products/hooks/

(the large hook and jumbo hook)

Does anyone think these would be good to maybe hang your controller on by the strap? I think it would look neat and be pretty nifty to have them, maybe in a V pattern on your wall. Does anyone know how much a controller weighs?

Again, I'm looking for a solution that doesn't require excess drilling and would work to hang something, probably by the strap because there isn't much else to work with. Push pins could work, but they're not big enough to hold the guitar. Anyone know of push pin-styled hooks that are larger? The 3M stuff would probably work, but it's just stuck onto the wall, so I wouldn't trust it too much...
alexonfire  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those will work quite well. i use them for the exact same thing, and are perfect for it. the ones that hold up to 5 pounds are what i use.

esp00shredder  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would go for the beefiest one i can get, the jumbo!! lol yeha those would work to hang your guitars from

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexonfire wrote:
those will work quite well. i use them for the exact same thing, and are perfect for it. the ones that hold up to 5 pounds are what i use.

Thanks alex, that's exactly what I needed to hear.
rodofgock  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Hanging your Controller on the Wall: Solutions? Reply with quote

Rockmaninoff wrote:
Hello!

So I was just moving some stuff in my apartment at school and realized I would love to hang my SG controllers and 360 controller, as well as any future controllers, from the wall. I know there are wall mounts for standard guitars, but those would require drilling and screws, and for a lot of us students, that's forbidden by our school or landlord.

I looked at these:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Command/home/us_en/products/metal_hooks/

and

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Command/home/us_en/products/hooks/

(the large hook and jumbo hook)

Does anyone think these would be good to maybe hang your controller on by the strap? I think it would look neat and be pretty nifty to have them, maybe in a V pattern on your wall. Does anyone know how much a controller weighs?

Again, I'm looking for a solution that doesn't require excess drilling and would work to hang something, probably by the strap because there isn't much else to work with. Push pins could work, but they're not big enough to hold the guitar. Anyone know of push pin-styled hooks that are larger? The 3M stuff would probably work, but it's just stuck onto the wall, so I wouldn't trust it too much...

u can always just smash the head of the guitar into the top of the tv.
uhhcollege  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you going to hang it up on those things from the strap?
Rockmaninoff  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhcollege wrote:

Strap holds guitar, hook holds strap?

Basically:

Code:
     HOOK
   /        \
 /             \      <--- strap
/                 \
GUITARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

EDIT: Well that didn't show up correctly. I feel like an idiot. But you get my drift.
chapter11  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I think he was asking for a way to hang them on an angle (like this / ) so that he can make a "v" shape with two of them. Would using two hooks in different places accomplish this? Or does anyone know of a simpler way?
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockmaninoff wrote:
uhhcollege wrote:

Strap holds guitar, hook holds strap?

Basically:

Code:
     HOOK
   /        \
 /             \      <--- strap
/                 \
GUITARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Owned.

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
Rockmaninoff  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chapter11 wrote:
But I think he was asking for a way to hang them on an angle (like this / ) so that he can make a "v" shape with two of them. Would using two hooks in different places accomplish this? Or does anyone know of a simpler way?

The guitars are weighted properly such that adjusting the strap should give you an angle that could lead to an aesthetically pleasing shape.

Or so I think. I'll get back with you guys after this Sunday when I hang them up. Too bad I don't have a camera, or I'd take pics...

superpapercut  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since the guitar is so light why don't you use stick on Velcro (The kind that you peel the back off and stick on pretty much anything, i used it to make my strum bar be quieter). Put a strip in the head and neck of the guitar, and a X shape on the base?and of course use the soft side on the guitar so it doesn't stick to you...lmfao

or you could just try your hanger thing... wait you could use a coat hanger to hold it up. buy one of your hooks, put the coat hanger on, and thread the strap though the coat hanger!

2 quick fixes that you can use! Wow i just amazed myself...

P.L.A.Y...T.H.A.T!
wumpus1  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a little tutorial of how to cheaply hang guitars on the wall here.. it's easy too!

http://www.fakeplasticrock.com/index.php/2008/03/20/hanging-your-guitar-controller-on-the-wall/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: