ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wiidamage
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got them from store.nintendo.com. $30 shipped. Took forever to get them, but I must say: GET THEM! Everything looks so much better.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
I got them from store.nintendo.com. $30 shipped. Took forever to get them, but I must say: GET THEM! Everything looks so much better.

I intend to - $30 is reasonable, $60 not so much...

Normally, 3rd party stuff is cheaper too - this company is obviously trying to cash in on the demand for Wii accessories, and will drop the price soon!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, it's Psyclone probably. They're the new "Monster." $60 for $5 worth of cable and a brand name!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was Psyclone actually - never heard of 'em before!

More woes with the Wii though - apparently they hadn't actually found one, and had been lying to me. I've escalated my complaint, but it looks like what is going to happen is this:

They are going to save a wii for me from the next shipment (w00t - only a month late - I r teh lucky pig indeed)

They have a raincheck for me on a 60GB PS3, so when that comes in, I can snag one (I haven't decided if I will keep it or shove it up on eBay though - I checked the EBay prices, and they're down to about $750, so it might not even be worth it to get rid of it)

I also hope that they'll give me a discount on the Wii when it comes in, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit. This might be a form of Wiidamage they didn't expect. Beaten up Wal-Mart manager...

If you get a PS3, I'll have to come over and check it out. Haven't been able to play anything except for NBA 07 yet and I wasn't impressed by anything. The graphics were pretty though. I still don't plan to get one (and hopefully never will, but you know how that goes with being a gadget nerd and video game addict). Was the PS3 raincheck a "pay-off" for them screwing up your Wii? If so, that's the lamest pay-off ever. "As a token of appreciation for letting us screw you ever so hard, here is a ticket so you can spend $600 more at our fabulously managed facility!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I suggested it - it was only afterwards that I checked up on Ebay and saw that they were no longer selling for 300% retail price..

If I do decide to get rid of it, I'll wait until Dec 19th, and put it up on eBay with expedited Xmas shipping - hopefully I can extract that life savings from some old granny desperate to buy her ungrateful grandchilds love

If I do keep it, you and the GF are more than welcome to spend a day over in Richmond playing... uhhh.... shit, there's nothing worth playing on the PS3 yet

Actually, I hear Resistance is pretty sweet!
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd just sell it. I'm sure right around Christmas the demand will spike again. Of course I've been hearing that finding Wiis is getting harder than finding PS3s right now. Not sure how true that is...

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is 100% true or not, but...

Wii Fatality
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:

Wii Fatality

what the hell?! that told me to restart Fire Fox, and then just shut itself down
Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:

Wii Fatality

Yeah no. I'll believe that when I see it happen in front of me. Where is the blood? How could they have possibly hit his skull with enough force to drive the remote into it.

I call massive BS.
NetStormer  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard on the radio yesterday that Nintendo is recalling all Wii remote straps.

Honestly, it didn't surprise me in the least... especially after I had seen wiidamage.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its true they are recalling the straps. Its supposed to cost them a shit load of $ but at least they will admit there is a problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: