ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Final Fantasy XII, Part 2(Spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bcruise wrote:
I usually don't get much into these "tie one hand behind your back" challenges, but this one intrigues me.

I prefer "pile on the difficulty" challenges, not "limit yourself" challenges. Though I really haven't tried a limiting challenge yet, so I guess I should try.

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bcruise wrote:
Balthier - Chemist (ever played Tactics? Then you know why ;))

Because Chemists are FFT's Gunners? Just asking to make sure that my FF info is sorted out correctly.
bcruise  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
bcruise wrote:
Balthier - Chemist (ever played Tactics? Then you know why ;))

Because Chemists are FFT's Gunners? Just asking to make sure that my FF info is sorted out correctly.

There are two weapons the chemist can equip - knife and gun. Considering their usual role of tossing items to other party members, it behooves them to stay out of melee range.
Ignignokt  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of those challenges are nuts. I know one guy who's trying to get as far as possible without leveling any characters past level 2, and another who's trying to get as far as possible without using the license board.
bcruise  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignignokt wrote:
Some of those challenges are nuts. I know one guy who's trying to get as far as possible without leveling any characters past level 2, and another who's trying to get as far as possible without using the license board.

People do those for all the games. I'd say the most ludicrous (NOT ludacris - I hate when people do that ) was for FF8. The gist of it was no Guardian Forces at all. Considering all your battle commands come from GF's and without them, the only things you can do are attack and limit break, that just seemed insane.
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of the craziest challenges are from either Resident Evil 4 or God of War. For RE4, for those who've played it, there is the knife-run, and when you need a gun, you can only use the handgun at 1.0 firepower. Also, GoW with no upgrades at all is pretty damn crazy. It was tough enough on God Mode with the upgrades...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Masamune + Genji Glove + Low life = A warm cup of smackdown.

Happen to love that combo now, especially with Bravery and Berserk on!!!

Quote:
My own stats:
Vaan - 99, completed License Board
Balthier - 99, completed License Board
Ashe - 99, completed License Board
All espers, all marks completed.
Skipped just about every other sidequest..

Did you get ALL the marks??? Including Yiazmat???!!! I'm not looking forward to fighting something with 50 million HP!!!!!!!
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Yiazmat the last mark? I've been concentrating on GH2 for the last week, and haven't been playing. One question for those who have obtained Chaos: How do you get him? I've searched all of NoN(Necrohol of Nabudis) trying to find the stones for the doors/those two squirrel guys, but to no avail. Can anyone help me out?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Yiazmat is the last mark. As far as Chaos goes, I'll try to PM what you need later. You don't get the medals IN the NoN. They're throughout Ivalice.
Ignignokt  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun fact about Yiazmat: Unless he's got regen on, he doesn't regain hp if you leave the zone (as long as you don't touch a save crystal). So you can take a breather if he's pounding on you.

The reward wasn't really worth it. By the time you're strong enough to take down all the bosses, that sword is useless.

To get Chaos, you need to get the three medallions. One is in Archadia in the magick shop (?). Just talk to the little dude named Roken'muu or something and do what he says. The other one starts in Old Dalan's place. Talk to the little dude with a similar name, then do the Orthros hunt, the Wraith hunt, and the Mousse hunt. Go to the empty house in Lowtown and get the note, and activate the sluice gates in Garamsythe according to the note. You should be able to find a piece near one of the sluice gates after. The last piece involves a lot of errand running, which starts in the central fountain area of Rabanastre, with a lady who forgot who she is. Just follow everyone's directions and you'll eventually get it.

Phew. After getting the two medallions, go back to Nabreus and talk with that dude. He'll tell you to go to a special place for the third medallion. To get there, you have to take a secret path in the Slumbermead (I think it's where you fought the mark Roblon if you've already done that). Get the lusterless medallion, and head into the Necrohol. Since you won't be able to use the fight command against Chaos, you'll want to make sure you pick up Scathe, probably the strongest AOE spell in the game, from the hidden merchant in the Necrohol. Also, make sure you have some good mystic armor you can use, as that will increase your magick damage. Faith is a given. Head down and open the first locked door you see. You'll either fight a huge dude with a sword or a tiny bunny. After you kill the first one, keep heading through the dungeon until you find the other door you can unlock (you can't get to Chaos just yet). Kill that boss too. I would recommend leaving the Necrohol and saving at this point, but if you're ballsy you can just keep going to the third door, which you can now open.

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone ever gotten the Blackhole finisher after using their MQ's? I think you need ~20 hits. I've never gotten past 15 myself.
Nytwolf  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU!!! - for explaining that extremely lengthy side quest to him. I don't think I had the fortitude to type it all.

And Yiazmat recharges when you're in the colliseum, but too far away for him to target you. You can run out, save it, and come back later. So yeah, kind of cheap that you can run out, recharge, and run back in. Kind of takes any skill away, especially at the level I'm at.

But on the same token, I'm OBSESSED with that stupid sky pirate's den trophies. So, it has to be done.

And no, I can't seem to get it either, but the requirement is this,

4 level 1 attacks
4 level 2 attacks
4 level 3 attacks
4 level 4 attacks

16 total for the black hole finisher
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't get the Garamsythe waterway quest. I spent about 30 minutes unlocking the floor of the waterway, walked down both sets of steps and went on a wild goose chase trying to find it. I am very confused right now, can anyone further explain how to find the medallion piece in the Garamsythe waterway?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, make sure all the lights on the sluicegates are off. Then, activate them in the following order:
1) No. 11 On
2) No. 4 On
3) No. 11 Off
4) No. 3 On
5) No. 4 Off
After this, if you run around the semicircle in the same room, you should see something shiny on the ground. Pick it up for the fragment.
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much! I was going insane trying to find it, but gave up and thought I would never find it. Now I can continue playing FFXII!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: