ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New Online Update is Out for PS3(not europe) & 360
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GallantPugly  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: New Online Update is Out for PS3(not europe) & 360 Reply with quote

AgoraElliot from Guitarhero.com wrote:
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Update Is On the Way!

Neversoft and Activision/Red Octane have been working hard on an upcoming free update for Guitar Hero III, which will address several issues that have been noted in the forums.

Pending Approval from Microsoft and Sony, the new update will:

* Improve Online Quick Match results and reduce "Failed to Connect to Server" messages.

* Introduce calibration screen improvements, helping users with high lag AV systems, and Playstation 3 users with Dolby Digital enabled.

* Add the Co-Op Quickplay mode for Playstation 3 users.

* Enable the Hyperspeed cheat to work in online games.

* Include various stability improvements and fixes.

As we launch this update, we look forward to hearing back from the community on how it works for you, so that we can continue to give you the best play experience possible.

Thanks again for playing!

Hyperspeed enabled in online play. Sounds good. Good improvements overall if you ask me.

EDIT:
The patch IS out for both the 360 and PS3 versions.

Enjoy!

And for you WII players, there is currently no news on this patch coming out for you guys. =[

Also, for you European PS3 owners, the patch is still NOT out for you guys. Post here when it does become available so I can update this post once and for all. (Unless Wii comes outta nowhere with a patch o.O)

Last edited by GallantPugly on Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:31 pm; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: CirrosiN
Skinner1013  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank sweet baby jesus hyperspeed online.

I am addicted to the hyperspeed.

Other changes are also good.

Goals:
5 Star coop Career Hard and Expert [ ]
1000/1000 Gamerscore on GH3 [ ]
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Seanbob1013
trav3ler  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally. Wish this all could have come with the game though. The fact they have to patch it a month after it came out is kinda sloppy. Better late than never, though, I guess.

Goals:
Gold Star the main RB3 setlist [] (54/82)
That's gonna take a while... ><
topher07  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet deal. Another fine update that is being neglected for all Wii users. Sweet jesus, as time goes by, the more I think about selling my Wii GH3 and buying it for the 360 when I get one. Then Ill have 2 guitars for Rock Band too.

Im sorry if Im ranting but Activision is really starting to piss me off with its neglect of the Nintendo Wii

evanft  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topher07 wrote:
Sweet deal. Another fine update that is being neglected for all Wii users. Sweet jesus, as time goes by, the more I think about selling my Wii GH3 and buying it for the 360 when I get one. Then Ill have 2 guitars for Rock Band too.

Im sorry if Im ranting but Activision is really starting to piss me off with its neglect of the Nintendo Wii

Uhhh....pretty much everyone neglects the Wii.

When the notes come by, play them on the guitar. Don''t fail by the end of the song.
b08smith  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, just gotta wait and see how long it takes..........

topher07  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

evanft wrote:
topher07 wrote:

Uhhh....pretty much everyone neglects the Wii.

I know. Its Sad. The Wii has so much potential yet the only real quality games are first party. If Activision isnt going to support their own game, why did they even bother developing it for the Wii in the first place? There are so many bugs with the Wii version, it would be great if we could even get some acknowledgment that there are issues that need to be addressed. Its sad that I have to consider buying a second GH3 just to get a "complete" version of the game. ::Sigh:: At least I still have Brawl to look forward to.

DanSamp  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this fixes only co-op... you know the glitch where if there are two star powers at the same time (one for you and one for your partner) it only counts as one...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanSamp wrote:
Hopefully this fixes only co-op... you know the glitch where if there are two star powers at the same time (one for you and one for your partner) it only counts as one...

I'm not entirely sure it's a glitch but I think(hope) it is. A way this can be dodged (from one test) is if one partner hits the last SP note early/on time while the other hits it late. Hopefully this update fixes this, if it is, in fact, a glitch.
eachann  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn.. the one thing i really cared about , they aren't adding... that is online co-op career

When I read the subject, I thought it was going to say that you could play online between xbox and ps3 users.. lol Never thought that would happen, but that was how I read the subject line.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

* Enable the Hyperspeed cheat to work in online games.

YES! I will play online again without having to adjust after 10 songs, then going back to career and adjusting again!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GallantPugly  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eachann wrote:
damn.. the one thing i really cared about , they aren't adding... that is online co-op career

I was hoping for that too. Maybe some day...
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topher07 wrote:

The thing is, they aren't really neglecting the Wii. The only cost efficient way for them to fix the games is through downloads, and the Wii isn't set up very well for that sort of thing. I'm 99% sure that if the Wii had a sizeable hard drive (20G), it would be getting an update as well.

While it does have online capabilities, the Wii just doesn't have the storage capacity, and doesn't seem to be built with updates in mind.

Having said all of this, I can understand why Wii owners would be upset, but I truly believe that it is more do to with hardware shortcomings on the part of Nintendo's console design as opposed to Activision/Red Octane specifically ignoring the Wii.

ON Topic: I play on the 360, so I'm all for it (the update that is). Although, I also would like to see online Coop-Career. The only reason I can see for them not doing it is to encourage you to play with a real person next to you, and so you may be more likely to get a second guitar.
Skinner1013  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really should add co-op career some time around when the individual controllers come out. You have pretty much milked the market already at that point forcing people to buy bundles to get a second guitar. Might as well make it possible to do co-op career online.

Goals:
5 Star coop Career Hard and Expert [ ]
1000/1000 Gamerscore on GH3 [ ]
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Seanbob1013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: