ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How to play - Guides by Jowhannez [Jordan guide!]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jowhannez  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: How to play - Guides by Jowhannez [Jordan guide!] Reply with quote

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not post your own guides in this topic, this is my topic and are designed only for my guides. If you feel an urge to post a guide, please make an individual topic on your own.

If you feel like I have told you that you may post your guide in this topic, you have most likely read my post wrong, or just misunderstood me.

Also, when making my first GH2 guides, I wrote them in individual topics. Please do not awake those dead topics, and spare your "bumps" for this one.

Thank you for your attention.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to play - Guides by Jowhannez
Read the whole 1st post before reading the guides!!

www.guitarheroguides.co.nr
Register to read parts before others on scorehero!

Hello, I'll be posting all my "How to play" guides in this topic! Make sure you check them out and give me some feedback! Ill make many, so don't worry.

I've recently found out how to make links to one specific post, so from now on, I'll do that.

Oh, and here's an umbrella! (In case of raining blood)

^Funny idea by The Gibbonator! *Applaudes*...

--=*The Guides*=--

*Guitar Hero 1*

Cowboys from hell

*Guitar Hero 2*

Institutionalized
Hangar 18
Psychobilly Freakout
Arterial Black
Jordan

*Guitar Hero 3*

Raining Blood
Cult of Personality
F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X

Before I Forget
Take this life
Nothing for me here

Cowboys from hell done! Will do more GH1!

For those who struggle with understanding how to place their hand:

Wrong position:

Yes its shitty because I had to hold the camera with one hand and hold the neck with another.. Actually the thumb should lie underneath instead of bent like on this picture... I'll make another one

Right position:

Click to enlarge - My camera sucks, and yes, it does look shitty from that angle.

From now on when typing down finger positioning like this:

1 2 1 3 1 4 1 4

I will try to use proper colours/marks, so it will be easier for you to understand. This is the full list: (I might add more later on)

Black number: 1, 2, 3 or 4.
This is your finger from 1(index) to 4(pinky).

Red number: 1, 2, 3 or 4
This means it is a "tapped" note. It means you use one of the fingers on your right hand to "tap" the buttons.

Green number: 1, 2, 3 or 4.
This means that you slide the finger (marked in green) down to the fret underneath.

Blue number: 1, 2, 3 or 4.
This means it's a hammered-on note, where you held down the fret below.

Yellow number: 2 or 5.
This only occurs when you use your 2(right hand index) or 5(thumb) to hold down a note, before swapping your hand position from normal to "up-neck". (Mostly used for holding a combo on a held note.)

Dash: -
Used when illustrating it's a held note.

Period: .
Used to tell you there's nothing there at all (but air).

Indigo P: p
This one's hard to explain. It is used to tell you that you have to take a very short break between alt-strumming sections. Explained in detail in the Psychobilly Freakout guide.

Red and blue o's: o o
These are here to tell you if it's a strummed (red) or hammered/pulled off (blue) note.

Thats about it. I think it's pretty universal. Please alert me if I'm missing anything

Last edited by Jowhannez on Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:04 am; edited 78 times in total
muna  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would reccomend some GH3 guides since very few people are still playing GH2.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will

(Work on very many much more songs if i got a sticky )

Jowhannez  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump! Isn't it what you call it? Alright, this is a bump before i go to bed CC on the guides, and ill hurry up on the next ones! Please request if you feel like it!

GallantPugly  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, I request that you put all the guides into one post, not just the links to them. That way, all the guides are in one spot and are easier to find.
Jowhannez  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last post before bed: If i did that, then it would be miles long , talk to me tomorrow yawn

MuDvAyNe  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but if you dont do that then the mods will frown upon TS&G being swamped with many threads from the same user...

...you could just make each new guide a post in this topic and then link to the post instead of a whole new thread...

<--Click the banner for the video
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: oXMuDvAyNeXo
fizzlebuzz  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't think i'm a selfish jerk or anything but a lot more people have trouble with raining blood than hangar 18 and institutionalized, yet your guide for raining blood isn't as good as the other two... like all it talks about is SP usage and Mosh 1... once again not meaning to sound like an asshole i'm just sayin maybe make that one more in depth like the other two and many people (including me of course) would probably benefit a lot more.
Jowhannez  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that you post CC for me, I'll think about it before posting new guides .

For firebuzz, can you please explain to me what do you find missing? Do you want me to explain more about hand position and hitting the frets? Please tell me so i can improove this and future guides

FretsOnFireGh2  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send me a PM if you need help with Cult of Personality solos and I can try to write something out for ya. My high score is 99% 346k.
-FretsOnFireGh2

I belong to the ManOfMrE Fan Club.
Jowhannez  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Bumbtrain! Chook chook! Reply with quote

I'm bumping this so it won't die

blakstang98  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more song guides the better. There aren't any official, like Brady type guides for GH so I think this is the best way to create that. LegendarY is making a ultimate solos guide which is also very good. I think the moderators should make a special section just for individual songs, kinda like the note chart guides but instead of showing best star power paths, showing how to play the songs and tips and tricks for them. These guides could also include star power optimal paths as well. It would be better than clogging up the technique, style, and gameplay forum with questions about songs leaving that for questions about how to learn altstrumming, hopo's, etc.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: blakstang98
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guides are awesome.... READ THEM, PEOPLE!!!

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
muna  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some guides that you might want to make are One, Through the Fire and Flames, and Marvais Garcon don't know spelling). I personally don't deed them, but it seems like alot of people have been asking for help on those lately.

Your guides are very well written. Especially for somebody who doesn't speak English as their first language.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey if you're taking requests I got a couple other than whats already been said.

1. Number of the Beast- I just can't get it down
2. 3s and 7s- Can't get the chord changes in the main riff
3. Cliffs of Dover- Same as #otB
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: