View previous topic :: View next topic  
freeqaz  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gouzy wrote:
TomPudding wrote:
Huzzah!

I've managed to get a custom notechart accepted by the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFbXuxmuRlg

Everything's still very hacky, I've only done the expert notechart and haven't processed the star power bits or anything like that, but I'll release my tools when I've tidied them up a bit.

WaW... Can you give us the source code and a tutorial? So can I make a GUI?

Gouzy pwns at making apps.
Owning a business is hard work. If you need any tech advise, you can reach me at contact@nsgeek.net or check us out on the web at http://nsgeek.net . We specialize in Web Design and Computer Repair. Aloha!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TomPudding  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK this is by no means finished, but it should allow you to play about with altering the note charts. I've uploaded it athttp://www.savefile.com/files/1276179.

You'll need to have python installed, I recommend activestate python which you can grab at http://www.activestate.com/store/productdetail.aspx?prdGuid=b08b04e0-6872-4d9d-a722-7a0c2dea2758
You'll also need a midi file containing the notes of the song you're going to put in the game, it's the only format currently supported, and that not very well.

The tutorial is as follows:

• extract the archive into your guitar hero III directory
  • make a backup of the pak.xen file corresponding to the song you want to replace in the DATA/SONGS directory. Give this backup the same name as the original, but with .bak appended (we'll use this backup in a minute)
  • run the included batch file from the guitar hero III directory with 2 arguments, firstly the name of the song you're replacing (and by name I mean the part before the first underscore in the name of the pak.xen file, so the name of slow ride is just slowride. The second argument is the name of your midi file
  • Replace the sound for that song as described at the start of this thread
  • Don't blame me if this buggers up your game

As I said, this is not finished. I fully expect that if you give it a multi track midi file the notes from both tracks will bleed together. Star power sections are not updated, and I don't understand time signatures or beats so I'm afraid that's all rubbish as well. All these will be fixed probably this weekend.

Zelda:
I'm afraid I wasn't involved in any Tony Hawk editing so I'm not familiar with any of those tools. I came here by way of the Frets on Fire forums; I wrote the multiplayer mod for it a while back.
Gouzy  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot! But Python Langage.... Waoooouw! Did'nt knew that it existed yet.
Lot of work... I'll post later (Time to learn Python )!

Last edited by Gouzy on Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
terminator  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, you are a FREAKING GOD !!!!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: xTERM1NATORx PSN Name: o-SCARFACE-o
LnKK  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: sup Reply with quote

first of all, great work guys! just one thing, i changed to open the xen files with notepad, and they dont have more .xen on the name, so i cant add .bak to the end (dunno if u guys understand me, my english sucks, so sorry. if i add .bak i think the mid injection search for slowride.pak.bak.xen), but if someone have one alternative, please just answer.
Thanks again.
MaXKilleR  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TopPudding wrote:
You'll also need a midi file containing the notes of the song you're going to put in the game, it's the only format currently supported, and that not very well.

Cool, I guess more people are working on this than I expected. I'm assuming that the midi format supported is the one for gh2, but maybe its the FoF one since that's your background. The gh2 midi file is the best to work with since the conversion tools to it are pretty much perfected.

I'm working on a powerful GUI for the PC version, something along the lines of ghex but with pretask list modding instead of on the fly. I'm going to try to hard code everything to keep the tool tight so hopefully everyone's code won't be hard to translate into C#.

LnKK: I'm sorry but you need to be more clear about what you are trying to do. You don't need to edit the name of any xen to do any modification, and opening them in notepad won't get you anywhere.
JaJaGuy  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get it to work
I used the tool, and replaced the new midi into the file.
Whenever I try to launch it ingame, it just exits the game
skidz  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tool Tom, works a treat!
Gazing with tranquility.
~ Hurdy Gurdy Man, Donovan
Vengance517  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gouzy wrote:
Hello,

I've made a little User Interface which follows freeqaz tutorial step by step.

Download the '.rar" file (exe + code) here : http://www.savefile.com/files/1274000

Download these files to run this exe :
SongFSBDecrypt.exe and SongFSBEncrypt.exe -> http://www.savefile.com/files/1217695
(gh3-extractor.exe and gh3-compressor.exe linked at the top don't work at this moment)
fsbext.exe -> http://www.savefile.com/files/1273001

Copy the 4th exe in a same folder.

Run "GH3 inject Mp3.exe".
When ask, select the game file (*.fsb.xen) you want to replace.
When ask, select the mp3 file you want to inject.
That's all...

(tested on Slowride with "Big Gun" from AC/DC mp3 file : It's Working!
Windows XP SP2)

/!\ the backuped files are overwritten whithout prompting so take care of this. (Make a complete backup of your game directory before. It's more safe).

This script is made with autoit v3 (free download) : http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

First off .......Great program totally user friendly.

I got a question, it seems that i followed your tutorial right but ended up with something wrong!!!!!!!!!

MY STEPS:

1. Clicked "GH3 INJECT MP3"

2. Went to the song "EVENFLOW.FSB.XEN"

3. Went to "ENTER SANDMAN.MP3

4. Clicked "DONE LET'S ROCK" <LOL

Then it showed the following files:

Then went to my gh3 directory and found out that my "evenflow.fsb.xen"
that once was 21,501 KB is now 1KB

I don,t know how a game could run a song with a 1 KB file, I don,t know if i missed anything even though .....and i quote "I've made a little User Interface which follows freeqaz tutorial STEP BY STEP"

Much help....

Mike
freeqaz  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: sup Reply with quote

LnKK wrote:
first of all, great work guys! just one thing, i changed to open the xen files with notepad, and they dont have more .xen on the name, so i cant add .bak to the end (dunno if u guys understand me, my english sucks, so sorry. if i add .bak i think the mid injection search for slowride.pak.bak.xen), but if someone have one alternative, please just answer.
Thanks again.

Just make a folder called BAK and drag your file into it. Easier and less problems.

JaJaGuy wrote:
I can't get it to work
I used the tool, and replaced the new midi into the file.
Whenever I try to launch it ingame, it just exits the game

That's depressing. I'm gonna give it a shot and tell you guys my results.

MaXKilleR wrote:
TopPudding wrote:

Cool, I guess more people are working on this than I expected. I'm assuming that the midi format supported is the one for gh2, but maybe its the FoF one since that's your background. The gh2 midi file is the best to work with since the conversion tools to it are pretty much perfected.

I'm working on a powerful GUI for the PC version, something along the lines of ghex but with pretask list modding instead of on the fly. I'm going to try to hard code everything to keep the tool tight so hopefully everyone's code won't be hard to translate into C#.

LnKK: I'm sorry but you need to be more clear about what you are trying to do. You don't need to edit the name of any xen to do any modification, and opening them in notepad won't get you anywhere.

MaXKilleR: If you need any graphic work, or sound files, or anything. Ask me man. I'll try me best. Good luck with that, because if you write something that nice. You'll be ScoreHero Legend.
Owning a business is hard work. If you need any tech advise, you can reach me at contact@nsgeek.net or check us out on the web at http://nsgeek.net . We specialize in Web Design and Computer Repair. Aloha!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JaJaGuy  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually got it to work, I figured out what I did wrong. What kind of midis are I technically supposed to use. It seems to me that every midi I use creates the same notes.
terminator  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that whatever song I try to replace besides barracuda crashes while loading and I cant get the audio for barracuda to change. It says I need some sort of passcode...
Edit: I managed to replace Sunshine Of Your Love and I hear my prieview mp3 but it never finishes loading...Any Ideas?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: xTERM1NATORx PSN Name: o-SCARFACE-o
JaJaGuy  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terminator wrote:
It seems that whatever song I try to replace besides barracuda crashes while loading and I cant get the audio for barracuda to change. It says I need some sort of passcode...
Edit: I managed to replace Sunshine Of Your Love and I hear my prieview mp3 but it never finishes loading...Any Ideas?

That would be because you didn't make it a 128kps. I had it at some other value and it just kept loading. I changed it to 128kps and it worked. This is stated earlier in the thread.
terminator  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, it is 128kbs. It still doesn't work. I did read the whole thread...
freeqaz  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terminator wrote:
Um, it is 128kbs. It still doesn't work. I did read the whole thread...

Interesting. Hmm. Try taking one of the original GH3 files and renaming it in place of the one that isn't working. If that runs then there that's 100% proof that we have to work out our tools a bit more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 3 of 50

Jump to: