ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Would This Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RageNirvanaNIN  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Would This Help Reply with quote

Ok I have the full version of a program called guitar pro right , and basically its a way for guitarist to visually learn songs and it has the tabs right there for every instrument. Also it has thousands of songs to access and in a second. I was wondering if I opened up say

" Welcome to the jungle "

in guitar pro and the use the export midi option , convert the actualy song to the vgs and all. Is it possible to use that midi in any way?
Sargoth  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Would This Help Reply with quote

RageNirvanaNIN wrote:
Ok I have the full version of a program called guitar pro right , and basically its a way for guitarist to visually learn songs and it has the tabs right there for every instrument. Also it has thousands of songs to access and in a second. I was wondering if I opened up say

in guitar pro and the use the export midi option , convert the actualy song to the vgs and all. Is it possible to use that midi in any way?

Well , that program creates midi files with 12x8 or so notes whereas Guitar Hero uses 5 ( and some for p1 ,p2, sp ) . Also GUitar Pro exports the midis with several channels ( multiple) so basically you have to redo EVERYTHING.

If there was a program in between however , then youd be halfway there , but no such thing exists.

Its basically impossible to create GH customs without actually doing it manually , sadly.
RageNirvanaNIN  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Would This Help Reply with quote

Sargoth wrote:
RageNirvanaNIN wrote:

Well , that program creates midi files with 12x8 or so notes whereas Guitar Hero uses 5 ( and some for p1 ,p2, sp ) . Also GUitar Pro exports the midis with several channels ( multiple) so basically you have to redo EVERYTHING.

If there was a program in between however , then youd be halfway there , but no such thing exists.

Its basically impossible to create GH customs without actually doing it manually , sadly.

O i see what I was doing right now i took the guitar hero pro file and took the main rhythm of WTTJ and then copied and opened the "template" I got from the MIDI topic over here and pasted it.... But there are no solo's damn lol well I guess I'll keep trying to learn.
Sargoth  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Would This Help Reply with quote

RageNirvanaNIN wrote:
Sargoth wrote:
RageNirvanaNIN wrote:

O i see what I was doing right now i took the guitar hero pro file and took the main rhythm of WTTJ and then copied and opened the "template" I got from the MIDI topic over here and pasted it.... But there are no solo's damn lol well I guess I'll keep trying to learn.

Thats not a problem , just add more tracks from the Guitar Pro file. Add the solo guitars , import then to anvil studio along with the template , and merge the tracks , so that all the guitar parts are in one track "PART GUITAR ". BUT , all the notes will be in the wrong places....
Falango  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never realized it had an export MIDI option, because I use Guitar Pro 5 to make my note charts from. If there was a program to aid GP5 to get the MIDI into Anvil, we would see far more custom songs out there, as long as the MIDI you extract from GP5 is a good note chart, because there are alot of crappy ones out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: