ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Meteodragoon's Midi Creation Assistance!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meteodragoon  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keyboardsamurai wrote:
do'h!

so adding [end] * in the events comment section and 59359 as time for the [end] should fix it.

Thanks for the help!

****edit*****

should I get rid of the [end] and [play] comments in the part guitar segment? or just leave it and add the end in the events

Yes that should fix it up. I would delete the [end] comment in the PART GUITAR track, since it is not used in that track. The [play] comment is used in the PART GUITAR track; however, it's purpose....I don't know. It is safe to delete both.
ruippeixotog  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meteodragoon wrote:
I'm not sure about why the lighting events are not working. The only difference between your midi and an official one is that yours has 2 KeyAft events at the beginning. What I have noticed is that it may have something to do with the TRIGGERS track. I checked the time of lighting effects on an official midi and found notes on the TRIGGERS track for each lighting event. My theory is that the pitch may effect the color of the light.

Is there any way to delete those 2 events at the beginning? Anvil create them automatically when saving the midi, and MIDI Maestro create a meta track and a bunch of comments in every track too.
I already tried messing with TRIGGERS track... if you see my Hell's Kitchen midi, it already have notes there, but it didn't work Also, if you see Chop Suey or Lonely Day events (here), they work well. Try to see some difference between those two midis and mine... I didn't find anything, but some detail could have escaped me.

Meteodragoon wrote:
Yes that should fix it up. I would delete the [end] comment in the PART GUITAR track, since it is not used in that track. The [play] comment is used in the PART GUITAR track; however, it's purpose....I don't know. It is safe to delete both.

I think [play] event in guitar track works the same way as a band track; [play] and [idle] are used to activate/deactivate character's playing animation.
Meteodragoon  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruippeixotog wrote:

Is there any way to delete those 2 events at the beginning? Anvil create them automatically when saving the midi, and MIDI Maestro create a meta track and a bunch of comments in every track too.

Actually, those event are ok to leave in. They are in all of my mids as well. For the meta tracks, you can delete them with Anvil by going to the composer view, selecting the track you want to delete, click track on the toolbar, and click delete.

ruippeixotog wrote:
I already tried messing with TRIGGERS track... if you see my Hell's Kitchen midi, it already have notes there, but it didn't work Also, if you see Chop Suey or Lonely Day events (here), they work well. Try to see some difference between those two midis and mine... I didn't find anything, but some detail could have escaped me.

I cannot download hells kitchen. It isn't on your mirror link. I will compare after I see your midi.
ruippeixotog  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My error... hell's kitchen midi was in plug in baby mirror now they are correct.
keyboardsamurai  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help on WElcome to the Jungle. Its working 100% right now.

I've got a tricky one here.

Atreyu - Right Side Of The Bed

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V8EIVNP0

I've checked the event list and end is there along with it's time.

all 8 tracks are named, and i'm still getting a divide by zero error in ghex.

This should be the last one before I have it fully figured out.

part guitar looks normal and I can't find anything wrong.

thanx 4 help.
katamakel  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keyboardsamurai wrote:
all 8 tracks are named, and i'm still getting a divide by zero error in ghex.

So. Even though this isn't the right venue to "report" bugs in ghex, I've looked at your .mid and fixed the bug.

HOWEVER...

Quote:
part guitar looks normal and I can't find anything wrong.

Yes, the "PART GUITAR" track looks OK, but you don't have a tempo track (the first track that has all the tempo changes and whatnot.)
The name of it doesn't matter, as long as it's not one of the other reserved GH track names.

I have no idea why your .mid doesn't have the track, or how to add it.
I just know what's wrong.
Meteodragoon  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katamakel wrote:

Yes, the "PART GUITAR" track looks OK, but you don't have a tempo track (the first track that has all the tempo changes and whatnot.)
The name of it doesn't matter, as long as it's not one of the other reserved GH track names.

I have no idea why your .mid doesn't have the track, or how to add it.
I just know what's wrong.

I never had to add a tempo track to get a song to work. I don't think it is needed. I can change tempos with sonar within the PART GUITAR track using tempo view.

As for this midi, I couldn't even open it in Sonar, which I corrected by exporting it to a midi format 0 file in Anvil. I would do that, then try again. Open the midi with Anvil, then click File, then click export MIDI-format 0 file.
Meteodragoon  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruippeixotog wrote:
My error... hell's kitchen midi was in plug in baby mirror now they are correct.

I couldn't see any difference in the 2 midis other than [verse] being his first event. Maybe this question would be better answered by Sephiroth himself, since he got it to work.
Sephiroth87  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here i am...
i'm not sure on what's the question, so ask me and i'll see if i can help ^^
Yeah, you do need help.

Take a look at my custom songs for GH here
ruippeixotog  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the question...
ruippeixotog wrote:
Well, I know you usually don't bother with events, but I wonder if you could help me find the problem with any of my midis? I already reviewed them many times, everything seems to be right, but in GH2 it doesn't recognize any lighting command... Although when I try a downloaded midi with events, they work perfectly

ruippeixotog wrote:

Hope you can help ;)
Sephiroth87  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mhm, i'm not sure i could help...
in fact, when it's time to add lighting effects, i simply add them, and do nothing else...
and 've never had any problem, they always worked...

and i don't think it's related to the order of the events, cause i put them in no particular order...
Yeah, you do need help.

Take a look at my custom songs for GH here
keyboardsamurai  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet, the exporting tip worked.

I exported the original mid as mid 0 and then I saved as a regular mid and can now inject into ghex.

time to redo the entire list now

THANX will be posting some songs later.
katamakel  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keyboardsamurai wrote:
I exported the original mid as mid 0 and then I saved as a regular mid and can now inject into ghex.

Yes. MIDI Type 0 always has a tempo track as the first one, so I guess that would do it.

Maybe add that to the existing guides, whomever does that sort of thing
ruippeixotog  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sephiroth87 wrote:
mhm, i'm not sure i could help...
in fact, when it's time to add lighting effects, i simply add them, and do nothing else...
and 've never had any problem, they always worked...

and i don't think it's related to the order of the events, cause i put them in no particular order...

Then, I think GH2 doesn't like very much my work What program do you use to add events?
Falango  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meteo:

What MIDI creator do you use to make the note charts for your songs?

I've been using Anvil but just started using MIDI Maestro because I can change the BPM at any point in the song, which is required for my current project. When I opened the MIDI in MIDI maestro though, it didn't look the same as it did in Anvil. The note chart was basically finished, I just had to change the BPM, but now there's a steady stream of one long note over top of my laid out notes, so it's impossible to see my notes underneath. Would this have happened because of the events I have set out in Anvil?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: