ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3 PC editing tool *v0.32 as of 11th Feb 2008*
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomPudding  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: GH3 PC editing tool *v0.32 as of 11th Feb 2008* Reply with quote

I've written a funky GUI tool for editing GH3 on the PC. Here are some of its features:

• Add new songs into the game (without replacing existing songs), using audio files and mids. Audio files are automatically transcoded to a supporting format if they're not in the correct format
  • Edit the names, artists and dates of songs
  • Edit the names of practice sections
  • Adjust the individiual songs in the various tiers, and change the number of songs in the tiers

Now for the limitations:

• All new songs have no 'As made famous by' or 'By' string. This will be fixed in a future relase
  • It's not possible to alter the positions of the practice mode sections (yet). New songs do have their practice mode sections imported however.
  • You can't edit the co-op career setlist. This will be fixed in a future release
  • The Singer and Drummer for all added songs just do their idle animations for the entire song. This is because all new songs are based off a tutorial track and don't have any animations. This probably won't be fixed in a future release (at least not by me)
  • This is a major one. Changing the setlists in any way will invalidate your save file. This means when you load up GH3 the next time it will decide your perfectly valid save game does not match its setlists and will offer to delete it for you. Please backup your savegames before editing any of the setlists! I don't want to be responsible for anybody losing their Through the Fire and the Flames FC ;) MaxKiller has been working on getting round this and we hope to have done so for the next release.
  • You must download lame http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lame-bundle.php and copy lame.exe into the folder you extract the program before running. You must also install mp3info http://www.ibiblio.org/mp3info/ in the same place.
  • There is no proper error reporting. If something goes wrong, the program will just start behaving oddly, and if you're lucky there'll be a message in the associated command prompt window. This will certainly be fixed for the next release
  • The sustains a quarter-note too short thanks to GH3 being weird is still not fixed.

Get Version 0.22 here
Get Version 0.32 here.

Bug fixes in 0.32:

• Looks like I broke song adding in 0.31, oops! I think it is fixed in 0.32, but I don't have time to test it

Bug fixes in 0.31:

• It might perhaps now work with variable bit-rate mp3s
  • Windows now appear more to the top left to accomodate people running it from the 1990s
  • Re-arranged the tab order for the new song dialog
  • Removed the 100ms maximum from the offset field in the re-import notes dialog.

New in 0.30:

• Face-Off sections are now imported. This hasn't been tested for correctness, please post your results if you try it.
  • Practice mode sections are now imported
  • Errors are now written to the logfile 'songlist_editor.log', so there can be no more excuses for not reporting your specific error!
  • The editor will load all songs that have complete fsb.xen, dat.xen and pak.xen files in your DATA directory. The benefit of this is that it means you won't lose your imported songs if you have to restore your qb.pab.xen and qb.pak.xen backups. The downside is that if your DATA directory is anything like mine the first time you load it it will import dozens of songs you'd forgotten about.
  • There's now a button to just re-import the notechart for a song, to save having to go through transcoding every time if the music imported OK
  • There's now a button to add an offset to the position of all the notes. You can either specify an offset to add (All notes will be delayed by this amount, negative amounts will bring the notes forward) or specify the absolute position you want the first note to appear at (so you can check the time of the first note with audacity and just type it in).

New in 0.22:

• Now supports the delay tag during Frets on Fire song import
  • Added an offset option to the new song dialog. Rather than add silence to the song, this moves the notes forward, but the effect should be the same
  • Fixed the major bug that has been bugging me for a while where changing the number of songs required to progress at all would corrupt your data. Thanks Lange for providing the necessary data
  • Fixed a bug in the setlist editor dialog where reducing the number of songs in a tier with the last song selected caused a crash
  • Enforced a limit of 18 letters in the songname, because any more than this would cause the music to fail to work in the game

Bug fixes in 0.21:

• Hopefully fixed the bug where some mids caused the song to hang on loading
  • Fixed the bug where clicking on the tutorial songs crashed the program. (By removing them from the list!)
  • Fixed the bug where decreasing the number of songs per tier in the bonus list to 0 caused a crash
  • Fixed the bug where star power sections from every part in the mid were collected together.
  • Fixed the bug where note sustains where not calculated correctly, for example at the star of Killing in the Name Of, where only the first chord was a sustain

Note that the bug where sometimes the program crashes after opening a previously saved configuration with a "list index out of range" error is still present. I haven't been able to reproduce it reliably yet.

New features in 0.20:

• Can now edit the bonus songs list
  • Unlock All cheat changed to G G (that is, the green fret twice), and unlock all songs to R R (red fret twice)
  • Savegame updater added (written by MaxKiller). This does not do what you think it does! see the instructions below.
  • Fof importer added.
  • Made the volumes relative so that the preview wasn't too loud
  • Fixed numerous bugs, including the hilarious "songs with star in their name don't work" bug.

Regarding the savegame update feature. To use this, you must:

• Backup your current savefile (located at My Documents\Aspyr\Guitar Hero III)
  • Make whatever changes you feel like using the program. Don't click update savegame yet!
  • Run the game. Accept it's suggestion to delete your save. Allow it to save. Exit the game and click on update savegame. Navigate to your backup, and the new savefile that was just created.
  • You should now be able to run the game and see all your old scores and settings.

Thanks to MaxKiller for this, questions about it to him please!

To discuss playing customs online, go here:
http://www.chatzy.com/599633019134.

Locks posted some helpful advice:
1- Please Please Please Read the 1st post on the 1st page and follow the instruction carefully

2- For each new release of the songlist editor, please start over from a fresh copy of GH3, it's already been explain that they may not be compatible between different version of the editor

3- if your running Vista, make sure you run the editor as ADMINISTRATOR (also on XP you may need to run as admin if your account dont have admin rights already)

4- Make sure your regional setting are in english US (control pannel / regional setting)

5- Make sure you install the game in english

6- After editing the setlist, do a file/save in the editor, keep the editor open, run GH3, it will ask you to delete your save game, delete your save, go in option, manually save your game, now do ALT-TAB and go back to the editor, click update save game, browse to your save backup, then to your newly saved game, then go back in the game, in option load your savegame, you should now have your carreer score, enter to unlock all cheat, go in quickplay (carreer will make your game crash, well at least it does for me)

7- If when loading a song you get an infinite loading screen, then there's something wrong with your mp3 or mid file

8- if you can play the notes but no sound, mp3 is bad

9- how do I fix my mp3? well load it up in audacity and convert it to MP3 at 128kbps & 44.4khz and try to reimport the song with the editor

10- Ok I have sound but the notes are messed up! you have a BAD mid file, mid from Frets on Fire are more than often badly made, no star power, missing HOPO's, too many HOPO's, no beat bars etc, take a chart from this site instead, the quality is way better

11- a .mid file is NOT a mp3 convert to midi, NO NO NO it have nothing to do with a midi file, (well on the programming side it is, but for what concern us it's not)

12- Ok I have a .chart, how do I make it a mid File? The best way is to use GHex, but you'll need a copy of a PS2 GH2 disk for it to work, if you dont have one, borrow from a friend and rip it using GHex, then you'll be able to import a .chart and extrack it as a .mid... the other way I suggest is using Leff converter here http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45092 but it's still in dev and it may mess the notes, it's not perfect yet, better use GHex.

13- If you still cant play a costum song, restore you backup files and try adding only 1 song that is from a previous release of GH, rip it from your cd using GHex or google a torrent or whatever, if it's still not working, your doing something wrong, better if you wait for a final release of the editor that will be more user friendly... if its working at least you know your doing it right, look into your mp3 or mid file, if you think they're good, wait for a final release that will fix the bug

14- Ok i got it to work now, your so awesome!!! but how do I adjust the offset of the mid so its in sync with the song?? You DONT! you dont have to adjust any offset in your mid, but you'll have to adjust the offset of your MP3, to do this, load your mp3 in Audacity and remove/add silence in the beginning, this is a matter of trial and error to get it right, what I do is I load the .chart and mp3 in GHex and play the song in ghex, adjust silence in audacity, re-import the mp3 in ghex, play again the song... rinse and repeat until you got it perfectly on sync

15- I read all your advice, still not working for me!! what do I do? Please understand that this program is still in dev, and is far from perfect yet, it may not work for everyone or for every song... I suggest you wait until a stable or final release is made, by that time most of bug will be work out and then maybe even you can use it! in the meantime, try to beat your old score or try to FC song in the game.

16- There's a limit to how many song a setlist can have, people have report different number so the limit seem to be different for everyone, dont add too many song...

17- Dont give too long name to a song, keep your mp3/mid filename to a minimum of characters, as it may bug the game if filenames or songname is too long

18- Remember that the program is still alpha, if a song doesnt work try another one

19- Custom song wont have seperate guitar and song track, and NO you cant seperate the guitar track from a mp3 or other file format

20- Try to post your question that arent related to the editor outside of this topic, question like how to add offset or how to convert a chart to mid will be better answered on a new topic under the software forum and will help keep this topic with clean editor related stuff only

Last edited by TomPudding on Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:10 am; edited 21 times in total
dra1985  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st post thanks tom your awesome!
Kevosuki  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its better than nothing ;), downloading and testing right now
cm10655  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You rule, Tom!
dark2elite  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet
kaliko2005  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks....good show ole chap
syntenic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you good sir!
dra1985  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else getting fsbencrypt error? I'm going to toss it in the folder and see what happens
Warmedal  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

['phantomopera_guitar.mp3', 'phantomopera_rhythm.mp3', 'phantomopera_song.mp3',
'phantomopera_preview.mp3']
fsbencrypt.exe "c:\docume~1\warmedal\lokala~1\temp\tmpbokgessonglist_editor\temp
.fsb" "D:\Spel\Aspyr\Guitar Hero III\DATA\MUSIC\phantomopera.fsb.xen"
fsbencrypt.exe is not a internal commands, or external command, program or commandfile
done
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "PythonCard\widget.pyc", line 408, in _dispatch
File "songlist_editor.py", line 369, in on_newsongbutton_mouseClick
File "datcreate.pyc", line 12, in datcreate
File "ntpath.pyc", line 229, in getsize
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'DATA\\MUSIC\\phantomopera.fsb.xen
dark2elite  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmedal wrote:
fsbencrypt.exe "c:\docume~1\warmedal\lokala~1\temp\tmpbokgessonglist_editor\temp
fsbencrypt.exe is not a internal commands, or external command, program or commandfile
done
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'DATA\\MUSIC\\phantomopera.fsb.xen

Exactly what i'm getting, I was wondering why it wasn't showing in the app :P
Kevosuki  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmedal wrote:
done

for the fsbencrypt.exe, copy from the v3.2 and put into the folder, for the no such file or directory, im stuck there -_-
dra1985  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmedal wrote:
done

Hang on I am testing this right now you may just need to put fsbencrypt in the songlist_editor folder
dark2elite  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
['cochise_guitar.mp3', 'cochise_rhythm.mp3', 'cochise_song.mp3', 'cochise_previe
w.mp3']
fsbencrypt.exe "c:\users\khoudoud\appdata\local\temp\tmpd1xhiusonglist_editor\te
mp.fsb" "F:\Program Files\Aspyr\Guitar Hero III\DATA\MUSIC\cochise.fsb.xen"
'fsbencrypt.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
done
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'DATA\\MUSIC\\cochise.fsb.xen'

Even with both fsbencrypt and decrypt etc int he folder.
Warmedal  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dra1985 wrote:
Warmedal wrote:
done

Hang on I am testing this right now you may just need to put fsbencrypt in the songlist_editor folder

Yeah I got rid of the fsb-erros by putting in the SONGFSBEncrypt.exe from "GH Custom 1.32" and renamed it to fsbencrypt.exe.

But "OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'DATA\\MUSIC\\phantomopera.fsb.xen" is still there.

(hm.. Im going to try to put the program inside the GH-folder...)
dark2elite  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmedal wrote:
dra1985 wrote:
Warmedal wrote:
done

Yeah I got rid of the fsb-erros by putting in the SONGFSBEncrypt.exe from "GH Custom 1.32" and renamed it to fsbencrypt.exe.

But "OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'DATA\\MUSIC\\phantomopera.fsb.xen" is still there.

(hm.. Im going to try to put the program inside the GH-folder...)

From the looks of (no offence or anything) but that looks like a programming error. I believe he might have accidentally added an extra / to the Data/ =\

Who knows, maybe we're just doing it wrong :P

EDIT
Code:

Reading file (10075253 Bytes)... Done!
Encrypting... Done!
Writing file... Done!
done
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'DATA\\MUSIC\\cochise.fsb.xen'

So yeah, just remove that extra "/" from DATA and it should work.

Last edited by dark2elite on Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126  Next
Page 1 of 126

Jump to: