ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3 PC Customs Beginner Tutorial ( Updated )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jewstin  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

locks wrote:
jewstin wrote:
lowang wrote:
jewstin wrote:
I should have the editor, lame, and mp3 info all in one folder right?

Yes

jewstin wrote:
Does the folder I have to have them in be the main Guitar Hero III folder in the Aspyr folder?

No, Preferably outside of the Guitar Hero folder, like on your desktop, mp3info & lame are not to be in subfolders, just directly inside the song_editor folder.

Okay gonna fresh install and try that..should I still get the delete corrupt saved game message if it's a fresh install and I haven't played any songs or played any part of the career yet? And if not, do I still "manually save my game" and then alt tab out and save in the editor? I'm just confused as to why I'm not getting the delete corrupt save prompt. Thanks for the help

When you reinstall your save game should still be there so yes it should ask you to delete, look in your documents folder for the savegame...

Are you running Vista? if yes make sure you run it as admin or else the file wont be changed...

Alright so you did all that and still not working, ok look in your game folder in the DATA\PAK folder there's 2 files that the application need to edit qb.pak.xen & qb.pab.xen, look at the last modified date&time, does that correspond to the time you click file/save in the editor? if not, then your files are not saved, most likely a windows security setting, look in your files permission and make sure you (or administrator if running as admin) have write permission to it...

hope that help

Where in my documents (on vista) is this save game?
locks  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look if theres a aspyr folder in your documents folder, the save are in there, if no aspyr folder, then no save game and it wont ask you to delete... but adding song to bonus tier is made in the savegame to my understanding, so you may want to fire up the game a save a game for the editor to work, i'm not sure about that... I havent test adding song without a savegame present in there...
lowang  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

locks wrote:

I will add...

How to backup your DATA\PAK\qb.pab.xen and qb.pak.xen files before doing any modification (those are the files the editor replace)

and maybe how to revert back the modification by restoring the backup files

Added to the tutorial, didn't add the advanced techniques of several songlists just to keep it true to the beginners tutorial :-P

Thanks
aziz  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's odd..every time I tried to reply again it said invalid session..anyway, this is jewstin again, got a new problem..I got it working for a couple songs, then I tried to add another one, and after selecting the mp3 for the guitar track I got some error (didn't get the chance to record it) and the editor closed. Then I tried opening the editor again and I get "Unhandle exception" error as soon as I open my data folder.

Says this in cmd prompt before I click ok from the error prompt

Completed a tier!
Completed something
Got a numsongtoprogress

and then when I click ok it spews out another random error in the command prompt then closes. I replaced my PAK folder in the guitar hero folder and replaced the editor folder, still not working. What do I do?
rushco  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come every song I add is out of sync. I add it and the song starts way before the notes even show up.
lowang  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rushco wrote:
How come every song I add is out of sync. I add it and the song starts way before the notes even show up.

That's because the mp3 needs to have an offset, check the last step on my updated tutorial on how to do this.
jcstoner  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the tutorial. pic of my setlist working if anyone is interested.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w240/jonstoner/GH32008-01-0406-54-42-61.jpg
locks  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aziz wrote:
That's odd..every time I tried to reply again it said invalid session..anyway, this is jewstin again, got a new problem..I got it working for a couple songs, then I tried to add another one, and after selecting the mp3 for the guitar track I got some error (didn't get the chance to record it) and the editor closed. Then I tried opening the editor again and I get "Unhandle exception" error as soon as I open my data folder.

Says this in cmd prompt before I click ok from the error prompt

Completed a tier!
Completed something
Got a numsongtoprogress

and then when I click ok it spews out another random error in the command prompt then closes. I replaced my PAK folder in the guitar hero folder and replaced the editor folder, still not working. What do I do?

Look like the editor corrupt your data, restore your original GH3 files, delete the content of the songlist editor folder and re-extract the songlist editor, be sure you use latest version of the editor, since it crash while opening a mp3, make sure your mp3 is in the right format, open it with audacity and save it at 128kbps and 44.4khz... if it still crash at the same place after doing the above, try with a new song... remember this is Alpha, not every song will work
djkest  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into making this guide. I really needed this, I can't tell you how excited I am now. I'm looking to start trying some of the custom songs and eventually start making my own. I think with some of my musical background I should be pretty decent at it.
Beat hard! [ ]
Lynxex  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off thanx so much for the tutorial and all involved in this project. I've run into a problem, now this is probably a nub question but here it goes anyways. I follow the steps to the line but when it comes time to open up the songlist_editor.exe i get an error message -

"This application has failed to start because MSVCP71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

The file it mentions though is there so i have no idea what the problem is lol. I should mention i'm running windows vista and yes i have it set to run as administrator

Sorry in advance if i posted this in the wrong area
locks  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynxex wrote:
First off thanx so much for the tutorial and all involved in this project. I've run into a problem, now this is probably a nub question but here it goes anyways. I follow the steps to the line but when it comes time to open up the songlist_editor.exe i get an error message -

"This application has failed to start because MSVCP71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

The file it mentions though is there so i have no idea what the problem is lol. I should mention i'm running windows vista and yes i have it set to run as administrator

Sorry in advance if i posted this in the wrong area

Thats a Vista bug, I know some have found a workaround for that, i think you need to look in your c:\windows\system32 folder and copy the file over in there

then you can go to start/run and type "regsvr32.exe msvcp71.dll"

not to sure as I dont run Vista, might want to google for "msvcp71.dll error under vista"

good luck
Lynxex  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seemed to do the trick thanx a lot !
ollz1  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone tell me how to fix the unhandled exception error!
Find a tutorial for the above goal [X]
Think of some more goals []

Making my own website soon, don't know what it shall be called though...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: ollz1
Lynxex  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuck again i'm afraid

Error: "Error using fsbencrypt.exe to create fsb during song add" in addsongs

I tried to follow what was going on in another part of the forums but despite my best efforts I am still unable to figure it out

any suggestions?
kid-ego  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Followed as described but only got one note when the song played in GH3. I'm gonna search cause I know I've seen this asked before, but an answer here would be nice too.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 2 of 75

Jump to: