ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rate the Final Fantasy series in your opinion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommy2000  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF VI - Amazing game. The wonderful memories of restarting after 20 hours of gameplay and then missing a rage.

QFT
DarkKnight720  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreyvas wrote:
About FFVIII, DarkKnight720 wrote:
Graphics are horrible, the characters looked better on the previous versions
You honestly think the characters on FFVII looked better than the ones on FFVIII?

Yea, at times, the characters on 8 look way to...well...pixel-ated, in which I found to be against my liking.

Barfo  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only counting the ones that ive played:

VI > I > VII > V > IV > III > XII > X >> VIII.

Also XI rocked my world but it does not belong in the same list because you just cant compare it directly to the single player ones. Honestly, everythign but VIII was a really fantastic game, VIII was just kind of meh.
Ignignokt  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From best to worst:
FF7
FF3
FF2
FF9
FF12
FF8
FF1
FF10

FF7 would also top my greatest games of all time list. Absolute perfection.
The only reason why FF9 is so high up there is 'cause I've got a special place in my heart for Vivi.
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkKnight720 wrote:
Dreyvas wrote:
About FFVIII, DarkKnight720 wrote:
Graphics are horrible, the characters looked better on the previous versions
You honestly think the characters on FFVII looked better than the ones on FFVIII?

Yea, at times, the characters on 8 look way to...well...pixel-ated, in which I found to be against my liking.

Sorry, but you need glasses. kbai

SThorpe  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ensiferous3 wrote:
Actually DMA I highly recommend XII. Sure its not the best and it has the stupid License Board (unlocking abilities)but the whole no random encounters thing is the best thing that could have happened to this series.

:/ I'm pretty sceptical about XII too, the battle system doesn't do it for me (I havent tried it yet though ), I'll still buy it and hope I like it...

I've played 2 FFs X and IX.

X - 9.6 - I love this game, everything about it (whenever Tidus spoke it cracked me up), sphere grid was great, battle system was too, doesn't get a ten because of no "play through again with super leveled up characters and extremly tough enemies" mode

IX - 9 - I got about to the 3rd disc or so, really enjoyed it (and Vivi ), doubt I'd go back to it unless I d/l it to ps3 in the future or something.

and for no reason.

DQVII - 9.5 - played this again yesterday, was pretty boring after all the FFXin' I'd been doing actually, still great though.
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shrug*

I don't care about the improvements and cons of XII. I just lost interest in the series when XI was announced. When they did that, a little part of me died. Enix sucks.

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
gionta1222  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Fantasy III-8.5 great game, ok story and characters.

Final Fantasy IV- 8.5/10 liked the characters and story.

Final Fantasy V- 8/10 good game, but can't beat it.

Final Fantasy VI- 9.5/10 Great game probably my 3rd favorite.

Final Fantasy VII- 10/10 great game, story, characters, levels battle sytem and everything. This got me startted on final fantasys and still play it to this day.

Final Fantasy VIII- 8.5/10 good game, i had a lot of fun with this one.

Final Fantasy IX- 9.5/10 loved the characters, story levels battle system an everything. Its fun and very underated.

Final Fantasy X-8.5/10 fun game, characters were good but the story and sphere grid were kind of blah.

Final Fantasy XII-6/10 Just cant get into it. I hate the battle system.

My order:

1.Final Fantasy VII
2.Final Fantasy IX
3.Final Fantasy VI
4.Final Fantasy VIII
5.Final Fantasy X
6.Final Fantasy III
7.Final Fantasy IV
8.Final Fantasy V
9.Final Fantasy XII
greatcodo27  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only played 7 through 9, and I loved all, well loved 7, likedddd 8 (the tail end of the game sucked I thought) and Loveddd 9. Sold my ps2 before 10 came out, I've since, obviously got the ps2 back but I've seen FFX and I dont like it in the least.

Cody Murphy's Facebook profile
Vhadka  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing this series since the NES was the thing for geeks to own, so I might as well chip in with my thoughts. :P

FF1 - 6/10, loads of nostalgia, but not really ground breaking in any way, and nearly incomprehensible due to the limitations of the NES... 4 white mage parties are a good way to see how good you are at classic console RPGs though.

FF2 - 1/10, didn't get a chance to play this until a fan translation was out, and I ended up hating the levelling system to the point where I couldn't even make myself keep playing.

FF3 - 1/10, I'd already played FF5 before this, so it wasn't anything special to me, never did beat it though.

FF4 - 10/10, my favorite FF game by far, I love it so much. Great characters and story, and especially toward the end of the game plenty of fights that were almost frustratingly hard. And it had a non-annoying Ninja

FF5 - 8/10, not overly creative or well written in terms of plot or characters, but a hard and well balanced game with a lot of options to customize your party how you want it. My first experience with the job system too. Exdeath murdered me the first few times I fought him. :P

FF6 - 10/10, my second favorite FF, beat character writing of any of the games IMO, by far the best villain, and a great overall story. And the midpoint of the game is my favorite event in any video game.

FF7 - 8/10, overrated in my opinion, mainly since I think most of the characters are very poorly written, but a fairly entertaining story even with all the poor translations and the battles were fun, even though starting here the difficulty of the series took a nose dive. Best soundtrack too, I ended up buying a copy of that at gencon last year.

FF8 - 2/10, unlikable characters, incoherent plot, seemingly random final boss, draw system, level scaling, the card game crap, guardian forces... is there ANYTHING to like about this game? The only reason it isn't a one is that some parts of the story aren't horrible, and it wasn't bad enough to keep me from finishing it, and some parts of the soundtrack own.

FF9 - 9/10, my favorite PS1 FF. I liked most of the characters, since all of them had actual personalities and the game had the little cutscenes in cities to show that they do something other than mindlessly follow the leader around. Fun battle system, thanks to actual diverse characters, and the second best villain IMO. The massive destruction across the game world made me like the game more too. Loses a point for the completely out of nowhere final boss.

FF10 - 3/10, I'm biased against this game though, since being forced to play that utterly retarded blitzball minigame made me shut off the game and I haven't played it again. Main character seems like a whiny loser though, and the sphere grid seems rather stupid.

FF11 - Can't put a real score on this, but I played it for nearly 2 years before WoW came out, had a great LS that made the game fun, and the missions told an interesting story. Way too much time spent killing crabs and caterpillars though.

FF12 - 2/10, bring back my classic battle system! Gambit system is something I hate with a passion, the characters sucked, I don't play RPGs to be a spectator to the real events either, I play them to be the dude who saves all of reality from the psycho wannabe god. Haven't finished this one either, keep falling asleep before I can make any progress because the fighting is so boring.

FFT - 5/10, I don't really like the combat system, and the translation for the plot was... bad. No personality for most of the characters either.

FFMQ - 4/10, yes I think Mystic Quest is better than 8, 10, or 12. Sure it isn't a complex, long, or particularly entertaining game, but this was the first FF I actually beat, and it serves its purpose as a beginner's game.

I haven't liked a normal FF since the PS1 era, so I may well not buy any more, especially since the prices of games keeps going up and I don't wanna burn 60-70 dollars on a game I may hate.
sukergod  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only played from FFIV-FFIX,

IV- Awesomly good game, never played in when it orginally came out, i was a little to young then. The only thing i hated was the fact they all went to the moon, dear lord!!! 7/10

VI- My favorite game of all time. this was the first rpg i ever played back in the old snes days so i am very biased towards it. I have finnished this game so many times that nothing else can compete to it. 11/10

VII- Second best FF game, the materia feature is only toped by VI's espers. The mini games were amazing espically the snowboarding one, my friend and i played this more than the actual game. 9.5/10

VIII- I guess im the olny person who liked this game by the look of it. While its not the greatest the card game is what made this game amazing, but the romantic thing was a little cheap. 7.5/10

IX- WOW, i cant believe there are ppl who liked this one. all my friends and siblings who played this game hated it and few of them even finnished it. the card game was horrible, characters way to shitty looking, compared to the tech. they had then. So suprised people liked this. 3/10

I havent played any others. I have FFX and X2. but gh2 has takin over my life, and i only got a PS2 to play gh, so im rather behind.

Cheers
Drazar  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only played from VI onwards, but

VII and IX win

Vivi > all

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Lulu to Vivi (black mages pwn, no?). But Vivi does rock. ^_^
pksage  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obligatory "FF7 is overrated because everyone played it first". Because it is. lolfanboyism.

Best
X-2
Worst

Still haven't played 3, unfortunately.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: pksage
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that likes 6 8 and 9 and NONE of the other ones? o_o
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: