ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Corrective Eye Surgery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikolai3035  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Corrective Eye Surgery Reply with quote

Have any of you older members of Scorehero ever had Laser Eye Surgery (Commonly referred to as LASIK surgery)? I'm only 18, so I have a ways to go before I would want to get this done (They recommend waiting until your early- to mid-twenties to do it), but I was wondering if anybody had any feedback about the process, healing, vision improvements, potential side-effects/eye damage, and/or worsening eyesight after the surgery.
dreamaddict  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't done it but my mom, who has bad vision, didn't want to get the LASIK. Instead, she found a program that retrains the muscles in your eyes. If done properly, and my mom worked at it, you can reduce your prescription by a lot. I think my mom went down at least 1+ diopters (used to be 3.25 and now she's around 2 I think.) Anyhow that is an alternative that works if you want.

Sig picture brought to you by GuitarHailzā„¢
FrankieB  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not had LASIK, but my girlfriend has. She was the type of girl that had glasses that were 12 inches thick. Couldn't see three inches in front of her face, couldn't read any text at all. She had really horrible vision for as long as I knew her.

Well she had the surgery, pays only $50 a month or so on her payment plan, and has perfect 20/20 vision. Its strange, her eyesight used to be terrible but its flawless now, like she never wore glasses to begin with.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
Tanked  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it done last year. It's sooo worth it. With both eyes open, I saw 20/20, but my right eye was 20/120 vision, or something like that. Some days I'd wake up with a pounding headache on the right side. So I gave in and got it done. A week later, boom, headaches gone, 20/20 in both eyes. It's totally worth it.

Everything I post is extremely serious.
Also, cocks.
flyingrossie  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad got it and from what he told me he sees perfect 20/20 now and has not had any side affects. For a few weeks after the surgery he had to use a large amount of eye drops. But that probably doesn't really make a difference in your decision.
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i am bumping this thread . i'm getting lasik done next week and was wondering if anyone else has had the surgery in the 4 years since this thread was created? i'm just curious what your experience was like and the side effects (1-3 days after surgery) i should expect?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda interested by this, especially seeing the above of how a monthly payment was only around 50 bucks. I've had glasses since the 4th grade and I would really love to get Lasik surgery. Having glasses is very annoying, making sure not to break them, can't swim with them, I worry about losing them at amusement parks, I've lost them while on a trip and had to spend the weekend without them, which just makes everything blurry. Would be amazing to see 20/20 again as I don't even remember what that is like as not even my glasses bringing me to quite 20/20 I think.
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might consider LASIK at some point in life, but I'm pretty happy with contacts. Got glasses in 4th grade, got contacts in 9th but I was so bad at putting them on that it took like 6 months before I actually started wearing them. Now they're like a second skin to my eyes, so to speak. My vision is halfway decent even without them though, so on the rare occasion one falls out or whatever I'm not going to get run over by a truck.
laupow17  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom, who used to be as blind as a bat, had LASIK done, and now her vision is very nearly perfect. She had no negative side effects. It's quite amazing.
FC 40 Expert GH3X songs [X] #40, Monsters
FC 50 Expert GH3X songs [ ] 49, Pride And Joy
FC 20 GH1X Songs [X] #20, Sharp Dressed Man
FC 25 GH1X Songs [ ] 23, The Breaking Wheel
My Accomplishment Thread
^^Please, please tell me what you think I should go for next! =)

newuser1234  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've had glasses for like 10 years at this point but i've never worn contacts. my vision without glasses is like 20/400 or something horrible and glasses are annoying for reasons mentioned before (swimming, amusement parks, etc). also the surgery is 50% off bc im a university employee so i couldn't pass this opportunity up. i know dry eyes is something i should probably expect but i'm hoping my vision will be 20/20 two days after surgery
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: