ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
PS3 = Fail???
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supremelord  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: PS3 = Fail??? Reply with quote

So im at Best Buy the other day with my friend while he yells at the Geek Squad, and I of course wander over to video games to see if there is a Wii around. Longshot, but still worth a shot. There aren't, but there are a dozen PS3's sitting there. I checked some forums, and there are other reports all over of PS3's just sitting in stores waiting to be bought. I then checked EBay, and while there are still 2000+ units on sale, the only ones getting serious bidding are the ones offering something special like free shipping or free DVDs or something. So my question is thus: Has the PS3 already failed after only a month? With demand for the Wii so rediculously high, and the 360 selling fairly well, I would expect the PS3 (with its practically infinite supply of gaming power) to be just as hot, but evidently it isnt. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price is just way too high to be a consistent seller, plus only having one killer app currently makes it a hard purchase to justify even if you have the money to spend on it.

Last edited by Huwonk on Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Huwonk
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, yes it is a failure. as soon as they put that price on it... gone, dead, i dont know... fail. i know i will never own one.

edit: hey, this post was made when it cost $600! Don't give me no troubles, lol...

Last edited by CrackerRiley on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
kriller  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope it doesn't fail

it is just having a rough start in a few years it will back up
eman2101  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PS3 was doomed to fail regardless of what it did. Even if they end up winning the market share over the next few years they still fail. Going from the dominant #1 to the just barely #1 is still a failure.

Of course, Sony messed up even further so they might not even finish #1.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Sigh* as long as i want it to fail because I don't have $600 to spend, it sure as hell won't. In 5 years, it will have regained a sizeable portion of the gaming market. It seems Nintendo will easily steal the top spot and MS and Sony will battle for 2 and 3.

People want innovation and when MS and Sony won't comply, the Wii is the obvious choice. Sorry but the whole insane graphics thing just doesn't seem appealing now especially since the 360 can get almost as good graphics for 200 dollars less.

The big debate is Blue-Ray/HD-DVD. If you buy the HD-DVD player I think it cranks the 360 up to 600 dollars. The thing I like about that, is MS gives you a choice whether or not you want to get a BR/HDDVD player. I don't.

But I guarantee you the PS3 will succeed, its just a matter of how much.
cobainage1994  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill buy a ps3 once it gets under 300

and once it gets some better games
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ensiferous3 wrote:
It seems Nintendo will easily steal the top spot and MS and Sony will battle for 2 and 3.

That's quite a ballsy statement right there. And yet, I am compelled to agree with you...it seems like the Wii isn't being given enough credit for its success. I mean...it is around here I think, but in general. The Wii in my opinion will be a great success if it can keep good games coming out for it. For the first time in my life, I know people who have heckled Nintendo since PS1 who are thinking about getting one. I know people who have turned their nose up to videogames in general, who are thinking of getting one.

Against that, I don't think PS3 stands a chance. When PS2 came out...ALL of my friends wanted one. It was crazy. Now...everyone has pretty much accepted the system as a no-go for the first few years. I can't say the same for 360...it's already stellar library has really impressed me. I want to get one myself. But to say the Wii will do better than it...I'm not sure. It's up in there at this point I think.

I realize it's techincally a PS3 thread but I thought I'd give my two cents on everything here
Dynasty99  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the PS3 is failing....if it had a smaller company behind it, they would have a serious problem on their hands. However, if you want to put Sony out of business, buy PS3s, for how much money lost on each one, they surely cant last too long.

PS: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sony_bullshit
supremelord  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dynasty99 wrote:
the PS3 is failing....if it had a smaller company behind it, they would have a serious problem on their hands. However, if you want to put Sony out of business, buy PS3s, for how much money lost on each one, they surely cant last too long.

PS: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sony_bullshit

Yes, Sony loses something like $200 per unit sold. However, if those units dont sell at all, then they lose $600. Its funny how Sony basically made all of the mistakes Microsoft did when they released the first XBox. The XBox was ultra powerful and had superior graphics to the PS2, and Microsoft just figured that was enough to sell units. But without great games, there is no point. That is my gripe with the PS3: they are too concerned with a mega powerful console and not with great games at launch.

As for the Wii being #1, that is a mighty lofty goal. Certainly achievable, but lofty nonetheless.

ThrashingKittey  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its proboly costing Sony about $350 - $400 to make a ps3 but after the retailers up the price so they can get money its $600
Beat Blackened ()
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the ps3 doesnt fail. Sony has some great series behind it like MGS and final fantasy. Those two games alone will sell a bunch in Japan regardless the price. Since the ps3 has only 1 good game out and it is still less than a year old, wait till the bigger games come out before we can decide if it fails.
ThrashingKittey  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been looking at the small picture
if im correct, X-Box 360 isnt as big in Japan as it is here
and Japan buys as many games as we do in the U.S.A. and there is half as many people there
so even if ps3 doesnt do good in the states it will proboly do good else where
and as for me i hope to get a ps3 in about a year or two
Beat Blackened ()
Riz  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThrashingKittey wrote:
Its proboly costing Sony about $350 - $400 to make a ps3 but after the retailers up the price so they can get money its $600

Uhm... no. A 60GB PS3 costs Sony approximately $800 to make. A 20GB PS3 costs Sony approximately $750 to make. They are losing a huge chunk of cash on every box they sell, and the retailers are getting next to no margin on them.

Riz.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it wouldnt because how would the reatailers make money if they bought them for $600 and sold them for $600
Retailers usualy sell items for about 3-4 times the amount they buy them for
Beat Blackened ()
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: