ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
PS3 = Fail???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PS3 is pretty much dead unless the price drops significantly. IMO, PS3 will fail. It has already fallen way to far behind the other 2 systems to even think about catching up.

And for all of you saying that the Wii has "crappy" graphics....did you notice that it comes with composite video cables that are not capable of the 480p resolution that the system can produce? You all have seen the difference in GH2 with the progressive scan enabled......

PS3 will most likely end up like the Saturn.....too far ahead of it's time, too expensive and too difficult to program.

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey now, the saturn was much better in japan...

Anyways, they're not THAT far behind... they sold 450k consoles. Most of those got returned though to the stores when they didn't sell on ebay.

I agree though, its way too expensive and sony's too bullheaded to not drop the price.

There was talk from what I seen in an article (the link escapes me) that Sony might start making PS3's with a dvd drive, so they don't take the hit and they're able to drop the price.

Don't take my word on that, its probably a rumor mill type of deal.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad thing is that so many people will probably just stick with a PS2, and we'll have to deal with that for another 2-3 years... *sigh* "PEE-ESS-TWO for Madden is all I need," said the casual gamers.

DevilMayAsian, you are comparing apples to oranges in terms of "launch" consoles. PS3's sales have already dwindled down (even with only 1 million units shipped not sold). Xbox 360 was in short supply for a very long time. It didn't have a weak launch due to poor turnout, but more due to poor supply. Even in June when I got my Xbox 360 they were hard to find. Right now if I wanted a 60GB PS3, I could easily go to my local Wal-Mart and pick one up. Plus a lot of the people on launch day sold their PS3s back on Ebay anyway and when they didn't sell they got returned (may have happened with the Xbox 360, but I don't recall). So you're still looking at a skewed number.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wii seems to being doing pretty well over here. . I know a bunch of people who already have it. . and have heard next to nothing about the ps3.

As for me, I was getting excited about the ps3, thinking about saving up (for a whillllllllllllllllle). . and then I played the surgeon game (don't remember what it's called) on the Wii. And oh man, was that fun. Between the jesus juice and the magic gel. . and oh yeah, about 10 people yelling "suction!! suction!!! no, that's the laser!!! SUCTION!!!" totally convinced me to start saving for the cheaper Wii instead.

Do I think the PS3 will fail? Not completely, but I don't think the outlook is good. I'm a pretty diehard FF fan. . .and I would love to have the new one when it comes out. . . but at the price it's at now, I can wait a while. . like after I put my kids through college.

"I'm a loner dottie, a rebel, you don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me. . . "

BigE  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're preggers??? who knew?

haha

My Sig Was Apparently Too Large.
Kachie  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigE wrote:

haha. . . http://www.sequentialpictures.com/moviestarwarsepisode3.html

"I'm a loner dottie, a rebel, you don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me. . . "

Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigE wrote:

haha

Her kid would have a mini sg in hand when born, practicing the fretting for Jordan.

Oh wait, that's ES.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The surgeon game on the Wii is Trauma Center. I played that at Wulfe's house on his 65" DLP tv and it was awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hufulvr wrote:
the 360 is alright, but the only major selling point between the 360 and the ps3 is the price; that can't sustain them for very much longer, due to the fact that ps3 will be receiving more exclusives in the future.

On my budget... *begins counting on one hand*... I don't care how good the exclusives are for PS3 when I can buy an Xbox 360 and still have money leftover to upgrade my computer for the same price, which gives me access to far more exclusive titles. However, I'm probably not going to do either of these. My next gaming hardware purchase will be the Wii, and I'll probably be holding onto my money after that, except for games. Besides, the PS3 isn't the only console that will have exclusives that people "must have." *points to SSBB thread*

And you can call me a fanboy, whatever, I don't care. I was the first in my neighborhood to get the original Playstation, and I highly enjoyed it. I was pretty much in the same place with the PS2, and for the first year, I enjoyed it too. Then at some point, the games just got too complicated for me. The only new stuff I play on it now are rhythm games, and I've grown more towards liking the Smash Bros/Mario Kart/Mario Party type games since I'm in a living situation with other people who enjoy video games. The fun involved in offline multiplayer is the biggest selling point for me now when I buy a game, and that's what Nintendo excels at IMO. I would imagine that many of the people here would agree with that opinion, but I'll let the responses to this posting prove or disprove that claim.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
Nytwolf  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Nytwolf wrote:
Ladies and Gentleman - If you would like to exactly map out how the PS3 will end up -- for those of us old enough to remember it -- who remembers the NEO-GEO Home system??!!!

It's the same thing!!! Asking your parents to shell out hundreds of dollars on a system that is "ahead of its time".

This system will inevitably be left on the shelf to collect dust. Sony had a commanding stranglehold on the video game industry, and then they decided to get cute with this new system. I've seen this before, and it doesn't look good for sony.

The only thing that's going to keep the company afloat is the fact that they make other products. Otherwise, they'd already be facing bankruptcy.

Hey now, I have a Neo Geo AES...

>_> <_< granted I got it years later for $200...

Sorry Squirrel, I wasn't bashing anyone who was able to get the system. It just seems like the same instance. A superior machine to everything on the market, but at an insanely ridiculous price!!! There will be the small contingent of people that get the PS3, but in large this war will come down to Microsoft and Nintendo, and sony will be left as at best a third party developer of games. I don't think they'll do another console after this one.
BigE  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kachie wrote:
BigE wrote:

haha. . . http://www.sequentialpictures.com/moviestarwarsepisode3.html

haha, never saw that before..niiice

My Sig Was Apparently Too Large.
MasterAce  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I have no interest in PS3.

-Not enough good games (really, Resistance is it)
-No Guitar Hero or Guitar Hero 2...it's not even backwards compatible with it. >_<
-The online service isn't as good as Xbox Live (but then again, nothing is)

I'm buying an Xbox 360 soon. FTW.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Perfidious Sinn Wii Friend Code: 7718621967747715
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
DevilMayAsian, you are comparing apples to oranges in terms of "launch" consoles. PS3's sales have already dwindled down (even with only 1 million units shipped not sold). Xbox 360 was in short supply for a very long time. It didn't have a weak launch due to poor turnout, but more due to poor supply. Even in June when I got my Xbox 360 they were hard to find. Right now if I wanted a 60GB PS3, I could easily go to my local Wal-Mart and pick one up. Plus a lot of the people on launch day sold their PS3s back on Ebay anyway and when they didn't sell they got returned (may have happened with the Xbox 360, but I don't recall). So you're still looking at a skewed number.

The numbers you've brought up aren't relevant to my last post. Units sold are different from units ship (N-Gage, anyone?), but considering that the PS3 has "only 1 million units shipped" and the 360 total sales are around that number, I'll just go ahead and say that it's neither a good or bad thing for either companies. The numbers I put up aren't skewed, just facts.

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
Riz  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
The numbers you've brought up aren't relevant to my last post. Units sold are different from units ship (N-Gage, anyone?), but considering that the PS3 has "only 1 million units shipped" and the 360 total sales are around that number, I'll just go ahead and say that it's neither a good or bad thing for either companies. The numbers I put up aren't skewed, just facts.

You need to check your facts. The 360 has shipped a total of approximately 10 million units, not 1 million, as you keep repeating. If Sony has shipped 10 million units by the end of their first year (which I seriously doubt), they will be thrilled.

Riz.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did I post anything about confusing 360 sales with 360 units shipped? I did no such thing. What I'm getting at is 360 sales, during the same launch window, sold less units in the US (and probably worldwide) than the other two. Wii's successful launch completely thrashed 360's one year total sales numbers by matching their sales numbers in only two months. My initial point never mention units shipped, nor did it consider it.

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: