ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
PS3 = Fail???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riz  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again... WTF are you talking about?

You keep talking about 360 total sales. That means something specific. It means, the total amount (dollars, units, whatever) of 360s sold since the unit launched. Then you say things like

DMA wrote:
Wii's successful launch completely thrashed 360's one year total sales numbers by matching their sales numbers in only two months.

What the hell does that mean? Are you *seriously* trying to tell people that the Wii sold more (dollars, units, whatever) in 45 days than the 360 has sold... ever? Because that's what it sounds like. And that's just plain wrong. Period. If that's not what you're trying to say, then your statement is deceptive, at best.

The only valid point you've made so far is that the they both sold more in their first 45 days than the 360 sold in its first 45 days. A point which has already been addressed elsewhere in this thread (it was due to production shortages). None of this supports, in any way, your allegation that the 360 is a "failure", or even remotely close to one, a year out, with 10 million units in the marketplace. Again... if Sony (or Nintendo) has 10 million units in the market a year from now, they will be thrilled.

Riz.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterAce wrote:
Right now I have no interest in PS3.

-Not enough good games (really, Resistance is it)
-No Guitar Hero or Guitar Hero 2...it's not even backwards compatible with it. >_<
-The online service isn't as good as Xbox Live (but then again, nothing is)

I'm buying an Xbox 360 soon. FTW.

Resistance is pretty much the only good title that's out there right now, at least by my interest. I've tried several others and they don't really do it for me.

But, it's been a year since the 360 launch and I don't really know any titles that interest me other than Gears of War.

The online interface for Resistance is just like Live and in ways better. It's very much like a PC multiplayer which I loved about it. Also, it was lag free. I gave up on Gears of War's multiplayer because of the lag issues, and didn't want to get used to them. It was nice to be able to just play a smooth game, but it could only keep me going for so long.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>.<

I misread my info. My bad. That was an embarrassing fuck up...

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
The numbers you've brought up aren't relevant to my last post. Units sold are different from units ship (N-Gage, anyone?), but considering that the PS3 has "only 1 million units shipped" and the 360 total sales are around that number, I'll just go ahead and say that it's neither a good or bad thing for either companies. The numbers I put up aren't skewed, just facts.

Erm, now your numbers are even more skewed. Xbox 360 has an attach rate of 5 at 10 million units sold. That's around 50 million games sold in the US alone. Okay lets do this again with PS3. PS3 has sold between 600-700K units with an attach rate slightly higher than 1. That's around 800K games sold. Wii has 4 million consoles sold with an attach rate around 4 (might be a little lower now). 16 million.

Games Sold
Xbox 360 - ~50,000,000 @ 54.99 avg price = $2,749,500,000
PS3 - ~800,000 @ 54.99 avg price = $43,992,000
Wii - ~16,000,000 @ 49.99 avg price = $799,840,000

Obviously that isn't profit, but you get the picture.

Btw, the Wii will surpass the Xbox 360 as soon as June this year in both revenue and consoles sold. Nintendo is the only video game company that year after year (even with researching and developing new consoles) turns a profit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiskeyface wrote:
MasterAce wrote:
Right now I have no interest in PS3.

-Not enough good games (really, Resistance is it)
-No Guitar Hero or Guitar Hero 2...it's not even backwards compatible with it. >_<
-The online service isn't as good as Xbox Live (but then again, nothing is)

I'm buying an Xbox 360 soon. FTW.

Resistance is pretty much the only good title that's out there right now, at least by my interest. I've tried several others and they don't really do it for me.

But, it's been a year since the 360 launch and I don't really know any titles that interest me other than Gears of War.

The online interface for Resistance is just like Live and in ways better. It's very much like a PC multiplayer which I loved about it. Also, it was lag free. I gave up on Gears of War's multiplayer because of the lag issues, and didn't want to get used to them. It was nice to be able to just play a smooth game, but it could only keep me going for so long.

i bought a 360 bout a week ago to treat myself for passing a hard exam

it was so much better than i made it out to be, and i havent even played any online play yet. i definitely recommend it, im trying out new games aswell on the 360, just for a change of pace.

im looking forward to gettin the 360 version of gh2 aswell

(GH1 league)
GH1/GH2 Hard FC's Goals
Code:

[ ] Parasite         [X] Infected
[ ] Soy Bomb         [ ] Fat Lip
[ ] Elephant Bones   [ ] Even Rats
[ ] Girlfriend       [ ] Killer Queen
[ ] Yes We Can       [ ] Story of my Love
TheRavage  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good god, this is why I hate the internet sometimes.

Every message board I go to has this "Wow, the PS3 is done for ANYWAY DOEZ ANY1 HAVE A WII ITZ AWZSOME" mentality. It's fucking stupid to say that a console that has been out for a bit less than two months is in last place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the Wii will come out on top. 360 is my personal favorite. I've never liked Playstation at all. Never owned one until Guitar Hero came out...turns out, I could have just waited till it came out for 360.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRavage wrote:
Good god, this is why I hate the internet sometimes.

Every message board I go to has this "Wow, the PS3 is done for ANYWAY DOEZ ANY1 HAVE A WII ITZ AWZSOME" mentality. It's fucking stupid to say that a console that has been out for a bit less than two months is in last place.

Recovering from a bad launch is usually VERY difficult and I can't think of a console in recent history that had an unsuccessful launch (read as: Not sold out for at least 1 month) and managed to win a generation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is surprising to me is that it seems that there are literally NO new PS3 games coming out.

Every time I go to the store, it's the same 10 or 12 PS3 titles that were available at launch - Sony really needs to get their thumb out of their ass on this one, as not releasing any software for a launch console is NOT going to move consoles...
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Paulyboy  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobainage1994 wrote:
ill buy a ps3 once it gets under 300

and once it gets some better games

you're going to be waiting for a LONG time. 360 still hasn't come down from it's original $400 release cost
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
What is surprising to me is that it seems that there are literally NO new PS3 games coming out.

Every time I go to the store, it's the same 10 or 12 PS3 titles that were available at launch - Sony really needs to get their thumb out of their ass on this one, as not releasing any software for a launch console is NOT going to move consoles...

There are only 17 games out.

Information provided by metacritic.com:

1 Resistance: Fall of Man 2006 88 - Original
2 Fight Night Round 3 2006 84 - Sequel
3 MotorStorm 2007 84 - Original (not out yet)
4 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2006 81 - Franchise
5 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 2006 81 - Sequel
6 NBA 2K7 2006 80 - Sequel
7 Call of Duty 3 2006 80 - Sequel
8 NHL 2K7 2006 80 - Sequel
9 Ridge Racer 7 2006 78 - Sequel
10 Madden NFL 07 2006 78 - Sequel
11 Need for Speed Carbon 2006 77 - Sequel
12 Tony Hawk's Project 8 2006 76 - Sequel
13 Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII 2006 69 - Port
14 Full Auto 2: Battlelines 2006 67 - Sequel
15 NBA 07 2006 63 - Sequel
16 Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom 2006 58 - Sequel
17 Genji: Days of the Blade 2006 56 - Sequel
18 Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire 2006 33 - Franchise

And a lot of the sequels are on all consoles and are perennial. I feel for you. 1/17 are originals, the rest are franchises, ports and/or sequels. I am under the impression that Virtua Fighter 5 comes out next month, though. Yet another sequel...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^wow^^ that is some interesting info right there. i had no idea. Sony really needs to start doing something, anything... i dont feel for them though
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me neither. They've gotten cocky, and now it's time to pay.

Nintendo is back... with a vengeance.

Nytwolf  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have finally had a chance to put some time in on both machines, (Wii and PS3). Here is my verdict.

The best way I can put it is in comparison to a car. Bear with me on this.

The PS3 is like a year 2000 car, but with a bigger engine, new paintjob, and shiny wheels. All kinds of accessories are standard but the really cool ones are way expensive and never in stock. So basically - The PS3 is a 2000 Caddy that's been through an episode of Pimp My Ride. Same old car, just a few new bells and whistles. And all thos bells and whistles unfortunately cost a bunch of money.

The Wii is simply this - It's a new car that no one has ever seen before. It flies. It goes underwater. It runs on water.

There is no contest in my opinion. The Wii is flat out the winner. Bar none. Sony can keep their tricked out Caddy.
hufulvr  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is no contest in my opinion. The Wii is flat out the winner. Bar none. Sony can keep their tricked out Caddy.

see, that's the kind of response that devilmayasian and i are talking about. "T3H WII IS SO ROOLING BECUZ I CAN AFFORD IT AND I CAN SWING THE CONTROLLER AROUND LOL." the wii's a great system (any system backed by the yoshida brothers is gold), but it's still way too early to call it the winner. it's new, it's fun but a year or so down the line the novelty of it will wear off if the developers are making the same gimmicky types of games like they are now. likewise, in a year, ps3 will start showing some real progress as dev's learn how to more adequately program for the cell. everybody still has secret weapons.

the moral of the story is IT IS STUPID TO SAY WHO WINS AND LOSES BECAUSE THE GAME JUST STARTED AND NONE OF THE PARTIES HAVE BROUGHT OUT THEIR BIG GUNS YET.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: