ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Future custom projects' difficulty

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grifta67  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Future custom projects' difficulty Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I'm amazed at the work you've done with this custom song business. I know I sure don't have the patience or the skill to do any of that myself.

Does anyone have future plans to do more "plain" songs, or more intermediate difficulties?

Sure I know the purpose of the game is to shred your guitar til it melts, but not everyone is ridiculously talented as some of you. You've earned the right to make the hardest possible custom Dragonforce or Santriani track, but don't forget about us mid-level players!

Thanks for the hefty work already done!
-Sean
Raldios  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No requests, unless stated he/she is taking them. There are some that are Expert but Easy, check out Highway to Hell and Hell's Bells. They come to mind.
Riz  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually a really good place to say, I for one, and I'm sure there are many others, would very much like to see song authors including all 4 difficulties in their releases. I certainly understand the desire to get your work out there as quickly as possible, and that most people working on these things are expert level players (and many of the charts, way above any sensible definition of expert, even at that), but it would be great to see more multi-difficulty charts.

Some folks are doing it already... kudos to them. More would be awesome, in general.

Riz.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll make mine multi-difficult once I make a decent amount, maybe two more charts.

But, I figured making Hard-Easy should be a breeze since you're just dumbing down what's already there in Expert.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, by no means, am an expert at this game! My songs are nowhere near as difficult as most of the custom ones out there, so check them out!

I would consider Hold Up, Perfect World, and Nothing Else Matters pretty easy, Medium-Hard difficulty, so try them out, or atleast watch the videos I made to see for yourself.

The reason why I don't make my songs on all 4 difficulties is because it's 4 times the work to get the song done, and who is really going to be playing it on easy? I can see where you are coming from asking this, but it is alot of work. I may go back to some of my songs afterwards and include some other difficulties or Co-op.
ruippeixotog  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't talk about me... I can't pass Freya on expert, it is way too boring and makes my wrist dead :P I consider myself very good with dualshock controller (this has an explanation: I'm Portuguese, and GH and GH2 only appeared in the stores this Christmas; I play GH since May/June, and passed all GH1 songs with 5* average; I only bought SG controller from amazon.uk in October), but I still suck with SG controller (that is much funnier :P).

Now I'm thinking to stop doing songs for a time and just complete and perfect my midis; add all difficulties, add practice mode vgs, try to do my best to separate guitar from the rest of the mp3, etc...

Expect updates to my mid's soon ;)
Sargoth  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta agree with a couple of posts here. Yes some "expert" songs are more like medium\hard. Then again som are godlike.
If I was single and had more time , and less of a guilt feeling , id add one more difficulty to my songs. Call it Hard , and it would be somewhere between medium and hard.

Whenever my friends come over , they go bananas and wanna try some customs , but usually fail at 1-10%.

Personally im in this for the challenge. So the best thing i could think of is ruippeixotogs idea of adding practice vgs and whatnot. That would really be something.
Falango  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It almost seems as if some of these custom songs are making me better at the original GH2 songs

I can barely pass Canon Rock with SP thanks to the solo, and Chop Suey gives me hell! Haven't tried any of the OMFG insane ones yet, but I do wanna try One.

I was actually going to try and make Thunderstruck, where all the notes in the main riff are present, but that's just going to be way too impossible to play, unless someone out there does wanna try it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: