Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Ryane - [Group AAA of WTXG Leagues!][All of X Drums Done!]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryane  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Ryane - [Group AAA of WTXG Leagues!][All of X Drums Done!] Reply with quote

Victory Solo K FULL SPEED FC
Victory Solo K FULL SPEED FC *HANDS VIDEO*

STREAM URL: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ryane-plays-guitar-hero

OGaP 763k Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5mZCFGdppw

Quote:
December 12th - It's been a while

I haven't posted because of leagues and just forgetting but here I am again!

Last week for leagues I successfully FCed Today, Everlong and reFCed Reeducation Through Labor all with good SP.
Hot For Teacher I practiced quite alot and got the the stage where I could hit all the solos, they're not that hard really.
The outro messes me up alot, but i CAN hit it. And the main riff I will miss occasionally but not often.
My best run was 465k which puts me pretty high up the leaderboards (20-30th) at the moment.

Overall I got placed into league AAA and am currently 19th in it!
My chance to battle with the pros.

Also yesterday, I went and powered through the last few songs I couldn't beat on X Drums. Everlong, BYOB and Hot For Teacher. And went back and did Stranglehold which I skipped to avoid the boredom.
Also did the whole of the extra gig which was pretty fun but very hard.

So that's X Drums complete, one step closer to 5*ing all of X Drums. It's still a long way away though. Might go for some drum FCs next, I'm definitely good enough to get a few now.

Unfortunately, just now I hurt my back somehow, I was just sat playing GH and it just went.
And then I have my interviews at Oxford University from Sunday through to Wednesday, so I probably won't get to play again until Wednesday or Thursday.

Anyway, I didn't take any pictures because I'm lazy but this was a pretty informative post anyway so you'll live.

GUITAR HERO: World Tour
Guitar FCs So Far (In Order)
Only counting career ones, I've FCed a few in band play but don't remember which ones.

1. Obstacle 1
2. What I've Done
3. Hail to the Freaks
4. Vinternoll2
5. Scream Aim Fire (Promised a friend I'd do it in the first week :P)
6. Monsoon
7. The Middle
8. Misery Business
9. Beat It
10. Re-education Through Labor
11. Band on the Run
12. Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)
13. Good God
14. One Armed Scissor
15. Up Around the Bend
16. Assassin
17. Are You Gonna Go My Way
18. La Bamba
19: Today
20: Everlong

Quote:
FCs I Still Need on GH3X

Holiday In Cambodia - Not even bothering with the stupid intro.

Don't Hold Back - Phazers. Can hit both phazers, but needs more consistancy.

Take This Life - I COULD get it, but I'm way too inconsistant with the ends of Verse part A, I can't find a way to hit it consistantly.

The Way it Ends - I've hit every part of it, but my stamina is way too low.

Raining Blood - Not gonna happen, don't stand a chance of hitting Flood!

One - Lol.

TTFAF - Double Lol.

GUITAR HERO: AEROSMITH
FCs So Far (In Order)
1: Dream Police
2: All the Young Dudes
3: Make it
4: Uncle Salty
5: Draw the Line
6: All day and all of the Night
7: I Hate Myself for Loving You
8: No Surprize
9: Complete Control
10: Movin Out
11: Sweet Emotion
12: Personality Crisis
13: Livin on the Edge
14: Rag Doll
15: Kings and Queens
16: She Sells Sanctuary
17: Always on the Run
18: Toys in the Attic
19: Dream On
20: Sex Type Thing
21: Hard to Handle
22: Bright Light Fright
23: Pandora's Box
24: Pink (1st Place!)
25: Cat Scratch Fever
26: Joe Perry Guitar Battle

100% Overstrum
King of Rock

Near FCs
Walk This Way

GUITAR HERO 3

FCs So Far(In Order):
1: Closer
2: Mississipi Queen
3: When You Were Young
4: Generation Rock
5: Metal Heavy Lady
6: Radio Song
7: Slow Ride
8: Bulls on Parade
9: Story of My Life
10: Ruby
11: Talk Dirty to Me
12: Lay Down
13: My Name is Jonas
14: Sunshine of Your Love
15: Paranoid
16: School's Out
17: Sabotage
18: Hit Me With Your Best Shot
19: Miss Murder
20: Barracuda
21: Paint It Black
22: Minus Celcius
23: Even Flow
24: La Grange
25: Anarchy in the UK (At Last)
26: Go That Far
27: 3s & 7s
28: Can't Be Saved
29: Reptillia
30: Kool Thing
31: Avalancha
32: Rock You Like a Hurricane
33: The Metal
34: Same old Song and Dance
35: Welcome to the Jungle (Dream come true :P)
36: She Bangs the Drums
37: In the Belly of a Shark
38: Helicopter
39: Prayer of the Refugee
40: Pride and Joy (In Pro Face Off)
41: I'm in the Band (Crap SP)
42: In Love
43: Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll
44: Stricken!! ^^
45: The Seeker (About Time :P)
46: Before I Forget!
47: Down N Dirty
48: Knights of Cydonia!! OMG!
49: Rock and Roll All Night
50: Hier Kommt Alex
51: Black Sunshine
52: Cliffs of Dover!
53: My Curse ^_^
54: Nothing for me Here - YES!
55: Cult of Personality
56: Mauvais Garcon
57: Impulse

100% with Overstrums
Cherub Rock (Several Times)

In the line of FCing:
Monsters (Can hit the solo, had a -2 run)

Long Term FC Goal
Guitar Hero: World Tour :P

Last remaining 5*
FINISHED!!! :o

Last edited by Ryane on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:58 pm; edited 148 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Dark Lord RyNo
Ryane  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan 18th Update - Successful Day

Started today's playing by attempting TTFAF again, I find it best to try this when my hands are still fresh.
I got the furthest through it i've ever managed today (79%) before failing, that's just past the start of "What The?!?!?" I think. If I can just push a little further I can make it.

That was on my 3rd go or something and then I couldn't match that performance again so i left it and took a break for lunch.

Despite Ruby Supposably being my next FC, I was playing Slow Ride and thought "Hmmmm...I could FC this".
So I did, it took about 5-6 goes I think but nothing too major.

I then had a good go at FCing Talk Dirty To Me, I can feel it on the edge. It's one of those things where I know I can do it, but just keep failing, so I left that and tryed My Name is Jonas again.

Failed Choke after choke after choke sent me reeling and after an hour or so of playing it my hand would barely move at all so i had to give up for the day.

Also finished up 5 starring the 5th and 6th tiers today. Also got KoC, Stricken and 3s & 7s which I was very happy about. Played BiF a couple of times as well, couldn't do any more than 4 starring it, it's pretty hard. <_<
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Dark Lord RyNo
Ryane  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan 19th - Another FC to add to the list

I was out for most of today and so only started playing at about 9PM.
I tried a few songs out for FCs (Ruby, Talk Dirty to Me, Miss Murder,Hit me With Your Best Shot) but wasn't feeling any of them.
So I went back to Bulls on Parade which I haven't played for a few days, took the killswitch part into practice until I got the rhythm of the fast part down and then FCed it second go!

Other than that, not so successful. I got a -2 on Miss Murder pushing my score on it up a load, but I just can't seem to consistantly get the fast strumming part down right. If I focus on strumming I keep in time, but miss the fretting and if I focus on fretting, I go out of time strumming. It's a lose lose situation

Didn't try to 5* anything today, wasn't up to trying hard songs really.

What's wierd right, is that the first time I passed Cliffs of Dover, I got about 120k (not great, but I suck at it). And since then, I play it once every session as the last thing I play just because I love the song and it makes me feel happy.
I'm way better now than I was when I first passed it, but for the life of me can't get near 120k again. I always fail on the HOPOs which messes up my combo. Today I managed about 111k.

Tomorrow I should get a decent amount of playing in, hopefully hit another FC and possibly 5* those 2 last songs of Tier 7. Look forward to it!
Ryane  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan 19th - Extreme Success

Today I had a fish around for new songs to FC and did Story of My Life in 3 goes I think it was. Bringing me to 9 total FCs.
I tried a few others:

Paranoid - Can make it to the solo easy enough, took the solo into practice mode for a bit, I nailed each section of it but never in one run. This might take a little while to get down.

Lay Down - Again took the solo into practice mode and nailed it a couple of times. Then I played the song and got 100% up til PAST THE SOLO, then choked on an easy part. After that I couldn't even make it TO the solo without choking

Then I went back and tried Ruby again. Changed my fingering on the first part of a chorus a little so I wasn't relying on my little finger so much, that was messing me up. And finally managed to FC it on my 3rd go or something.

10 FCs!!!!

On that note of success, I played Before I Forget until my fingers bled (4 goes or so) until I hit the 5 star. HAPPY HAPPY!
And I also 5 starred Cult of Personality, which was more to do with just being bothered to do it because it really wasn't that hard. I did hit alot more of the solo than I expected to which was a big confidence boost.

I improved my scores on a few songs as well which I won't list as there were quite alot of them. Nearly beat my Cliffs of Dover score

Anyway, weekend over, GH marathons are at an end, expect slower progress over the next few days.

Once our internet is fixed I'm planning to get a uStream up in case anyone fancies watching me fail at FCing songs over and over again
Look forward to it!
Ryane  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan 21st - Hyperspeed - Fact or Fiction?

I started today with an hour or so of play, didn't get very far, beat a few scores, nothing much. I hit 9mil career score which I was happy with.

Then after a few hours break I came back on. Decided to try out Hyperspeed. Now i'm not sure whether it made it easier for me, or if I just got better/was less tired or any number of other factors, but it definitely didn't make me worse.

Using Hyperspeed 2, I beat several of my scores, pulled up to 9.2mil score.
I also completed We Three Kings again with a much better score (still 3 star though <_<After>_>) I blitzed through two thirds of the song as per usual.
Synth Death, my great rival, sometimes I can pass it, sometimes not. This time I made it through easily, mid-yello upon exit. Well set for the solo's.
Burned SP through the end of Climactic Buildup into Herman's Solo and blew through the solo's with relative ease (hovering green/yellow, slowly decreasing).
Unfortunately I missed the SP in the slow parts of the solo and as such got devastated by the "WHAT THE!?!?" section. Still, that's the furthest i've ever gotten.

After that I tried again, and reached the same place twice IN A ROW. That's definite progress there ladies and gentlemen ^_^

On that high note, I went for my daily cliffs of dover play. Except this time I decided to not HOPO the main riffs and instead strum it all.
IT WORKS!!

I went from 120k previously, to 180k on my first go today. I was a 2.72 average multiplier.
Since that is soooo close I tried again. 2.75x O_O
Another go, my fingers were dying by this point so messed up and got a 2.6.
Last go, whether I do it or not, Put my all into it. PLayed through the pain.
I hit an amazing run, got 210k points or something. over a 3x average multiplier. Comfortable 5*.

That's right, just THREE MORE FIVE STARS UNTIL THE EL JEFE!!!!

Excited!!

Conclusion
HYPERSPEED WORKS!!
Ryane  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan 22nd - Surprise FC :o

Came on just for an hour or so today, wasn't expecting to do anything spectacular.
After a couple of goes, I quickly gave up on Number of the Beast, I just can't get the timing right for the strumming and barely get any combos at all.
So I tried One and managed a 4 star first go. I reckon I could push this up to 5 with some effort but I didn't have it in me today.

Couple of TTFAF attempts ended at "WHAT THE?!!?" again. I'll do it eventually.

Then out of nowhere, I tried Talk Dirty to Me and got a -2 having hit all the hardest parts and just messing up an easy bit.
So I tried again and BAM FC!
Starting to run out of easy songs to FC now

I also beat my score on the Halo Theme by quite a way and a few others as well.
Current career score is around 9.4 million.
DanielDunn  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i may aswel be the first to congradulate you. Congradulations.
Ryane  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man. To be honest, I never thought i'd get 1 FC, so 12 springing up so soon is quite a shock.

Jan 23rd - Epic FC Battle

Today I began, and finished my session by playing Lay Down. The middle of the session was also made up soley of this song.
I played it once, and got a -1. Not on the solo either. So I figured I could FC it.
I tried again, and again, and again...
For about an hour and a half I just kept making stupid mistakes in random places, surprisingly few on the solo though. I even got a -1 ON THE OUTRO, it was the third last note I think, I only lifted one finger from the triple chord instead of 2 >_<

Anyway, long story short, I eventually did it, and I thought i'd get a picture just to prove to everyone I haven't just been lying and am actually capable at GH :P
So here ya go. Bear in mind I haven't used any SP Paths (I prefer to concentrate on the FC and not worry about getting SP perfect) so my scores will likely be appauling.

Ryane  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan 27th - Double FC Madness

I've been absent for a few days, and that's because of work and other social get togethers.
Today I went on before work in the morning, I was pretty tired having stayed up late round a friends house last night, so didn't do too well.
I was getting pretty good at the Darkness Riff strumming in One and managed a 2.5 multiplier on it, I can feel the 5 star!!
I also tried a whole run of Number of the Beast downstrumming because I can't alt strum it to save my life. I got a respectible 2.6 multiplier whilst also destroying my strumming arm. Next I spent an hour or so trying to get the solo down on Hit me With your Best Shot. I can hit it in practice mode about 1/10 times. But in a real run I just mess up the first part. The:

Messes me up every time.
I had a couple of -4s and -5 runs and one time I made it to the end of the solo in a real run only to miss one note on the very last part of the solo which I never missed up until that point

Then I went to work.

Got home about an hour ago and tried One again and failed, so I played a few other songs to warm up and then attacked My Name is Jonas.
I had had enough of choking on it and really went for it.
Second try I got a -1 near the end because I just forgot to strum one of the chords. I knew I had to, but my hand just didn't move

The try after that I hit it straight away and finally got that damn FC!

After that I went to Sunshine of Your Love and FCed it straight away!!
I was shocked. So shocked that when I went to take a photo of it I hit the red button and quit the stats screen

I'm very proud of these scores. I didn't use a SP path for either of them, I just made one up over many runs and still, even then managed to come 286th in Sunshine and 167th in MNiJ. My 2 top placed scores yet!

Anyway, here's the picture of the MNiJ FC, I'm off and i'll update again tomorrow!

Ryane  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan 28th - Tone of day - Surprising

I started today playing quite poorly. Missing silly things and stuff. Then as I started to get better, I thought i'd have another bash at TTFAF which I haven't tried seriously for neaerly a week now.

First run, beat Herman's Solo, beat Sam's Solo, got up past the first crazy part of What The??!!? and failed about 5-6 notes from the big chord of freedom.
Next go, failed at the start of What The?!?!
Then, something amazing happened. I decided to wait as late as possible to use my SP. And managed to hold it in until half way through Herman's Solo. Not a huge difference, but it left me with enough Rock Meter to get past What The?!? and all the way to So Far Away 3!!
Built my meter back up to green during the easy part and then GOT PAST THE RED SNAKE!!
Song complete right? Nope, I messed up the part after the snake and failed the song about 5-6 notes away from getting into Rampaging Dragons and certain success

I made it to the red snake another 2 times before my hand was getting too weak to do very well at all anymore.
Best Run 91% through, not bad at all.

After this I tried a few easier songs, and noticed that everything seemed to be easier to follow. It's like my eyes got an upgrade. Suddenly fast solo sections looked slow.
So, I thought, now might be the perfect time to try and FC Paranoid since it's only the solo that messes me up.
So, I was going to go the usual route. Have one run to get my bearings round the song again, then take the solo into practice mode until I could hit it, and then make FC attempts.

So I go in for the first tester run. FC up to the solo. FC THE WHOLE SOLO. God I was so freaking tense I don't even believe I didn't choke. That's the first time I've ever FCed the solo in a real run, and probably the last :P

Anyway, FC #15 Down. 5 more to go!
Pic:
penguinator  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, I just got this FC myself. It was my 16th however.
Ryane  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one penguin.
Your scores look substantially better than mine though :P
Perhaps I should try some SP Paths sometime.

Good luck on the 20 FCs and beyond
Ryane  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan 29th - Epic Fail

Bought COD4 today, so GH time will be lower for a few days whilst I complete it, and then when I get my internet back i'll be playing that alot.

Only played for an hour or so today.
Tried hard to FC Avalancha, and ALMOST managed it. Got a -1, but not even on a hard part, just on an easy bit. I'll probably do this tomorrow. My score puts me 247th at the moment, and that's not even a FC, AND not using a proper SP path. I must be doing something right.

I got bored at that, so started again on the Hit Me with your Best Shot solo.
It's wierd, because in practice mode, I can now hit the whole solo about 50% of the time. Yet, if I go into a real run, I mess up the first wiggly bit 90% of the time, and then if I make it past (which I did twice today) I mess up an easy part, like the trills or the part. Gets really annoying.

Finished up today by playing the Rock Me Like a Hurricane Solos repeatedly. They're way out of my FC league at the moment, but I can hit the opening solo alot of the time and I definitely feel I could FC Solo B at some point. Solo C though :S

Also signed up for the expert league, so see you all there when it begins!!
Ryane  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan 30 - Feb 01 = FCs starting to get difficult

Not too much progress has been made the last few days, hence I haven't updated.

I consistantly fail at FCing Avalancha which gets really annoying really fast.

Yesterday, I was playing TTFAF and I managed to pick up some SP during What The which then brought me back up to green out of the solos. Surely I passed then? Nope. My hands choked on You Rock! and I missed pretty much all of it, failing about 5 seconds before the end Fail. 98%

Today, after failing at loads of random songs, I took School's Out Solo 2 into Practice and finally figured out the rhythm to the
part.
Then I went and FCed it second go after that. Pic at bottom of post.

I then hammered against Hit me With Your Best Shot solo A for ages, and worked out a way to play the first bit where I can do it most of the time.
Unfortunately, once I figured out how to play the first part I couldn't do before, a part I could do every time before is now causing problems. I think I might've just been getting tired, so I'll try again this weekend, expect FC #17 soon.

Ryane  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feb 3rd - League Begins

As of today the leagues have begun, so progress on the songs I'm currently trying to FC and on the last 3 5 stars will be slow if any at all.

Since I don't have anyone to play coop with I just had to use the unlock songs cheat to get at Sabotage for the League.
I FCed it 3rd go, pretty easy song. I didn't take a picture because it was so easy it barely counts.

Also boosted my stricken score by about 100k up to 478k not bad at all.
I got a -4 run on Anarchy in the UK, I reckon I might FC this, but I just need a run where my hands don't fail at all.

And then I spent about half an hour playing Rock you Like a Hurricane before realising that the song I should've been playing was rock and Roll all night. ¬_¬ I'll do that later.

I finished by playing We Three Kings, and I 4 starred it!!! I was surprised

I'll go on again before the end of today, so expect another post after this one.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: