ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Texas Flood Hard
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabies  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaylaRCakes wrote:
play it on expert about 20 times, and it will be a piece of cake on hard.

..famous last words...5 starring it on hard is quite difficult...unless you were talking about just finishing it..that's easy enough.
ShaylaRCakes  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm talking about just finishing it. hehe.

i'm stuck on 5 starring it myself. at least i'm not alone.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this song to death, but I think it's a very poor choice for a rhythm game... improvised doodles (or, in this case, covered improvised doodles, lol) just don't translate well IMO. I got within 10k of 5-starring it, and I've played it enough to know that, for me at least, the 5-star will eventually just come on a random run-through. There's nothing in the song I haven't hit (aside from the OSSoD), it's just a matter of hitting enough of them in the same play. I'll do it eventually, and I've ceased slamming my head against the wall trying to make it happen.

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellion42 wrote:
There's nothing in the song I haven't hit (aside from the OSSoD)...

Orange Star Streak of Death?

I got lucky and hit that on my last run.
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
Hellion42 wrote:
There's nothing in the song I haven't hit (aside from the OSSoD)...

Orange Star Streak of Death?

I got lucky and hit that on my last run.

I was thinking Orange Star String of Doom, but that works too.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Th OSSoD is not as hard a people think of it to be. well at least imo, since i can hit it with about a 60-75% hit ratio, and usually if i miss, it's just one. i think i've learned the super fast strumming from trying a million times (and failing and eventually giving up on ) 100% Fly on the Wall/Medium. if you gyus need a place to start on super fast strumming, go there, it's too bad the super fast strumming is at the very end of the song.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly1ngV wrote:
Th OSSoD is not as hard a people think of it to be. well at least imo, since i can hit it with about a 60-75% hit ratio, and usually if i miss, it's just one. i think i've learned the super fast strumming from trying a million times (and failing and eventually giving up on ) 100% Fly on the Wall/Medium. if you gyus need a place to start on super fast strumming, go there, it's too bad the super fast strumming is at the very end of the song.

I think I'm in the same boat as you are, since I can hit almost all of the TF part (I miss a note about 80% of the way through it though almost every single time.) and I have yet to actually miss the super fast streak in Fly on the Wall. (I love that song too much to mess it up.)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly1ngV wrote:

It's not the speed, it's the timing. That and, musically, it doesn't matter one bit whether those notes are hit exactly or not (or for that matter, if the rhythm is changed completely). I've ceased caring about whether I hit that sequence or not (along with a few other places in the game). For those that can, great! I've got other things to work on that won't make me feel like a robot, lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think 5 starring it is hard?(Okay, it is. Mr. Green ) But, I've been ready to smash my SG on the ground plenty of times because of expert.
It takes time to 5 star it. I just got one lucky run and boom, 165000 points. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: