ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New releases: SUPERNOVA, UNIVERSE and Ultramix 4!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: New releases: SUPERNOVA, UNIVERSE and Ultramix 4! Reply with quote

Konami has silently announced three new DDR releases for the US:

- DDR SUPERNOVA, 9/13/06, PS2
- DDR UNIVERSE, 10/11/06, XBox 360
- DDR Ultramix 4, 11/14/06, XBox

E3 should be very interesting this year to find out more about these releases and especially GH2!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they actually put a lot of songs (FascinationMAXX) from the arcade version of Supernova on the home version this time. Although I guess it was a pretty good idea sales wise to split up Extreme across two home releases...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The home releases have never been good enough to buy. The only DDR game I bought was ITG and that isn't even DDR, but it actually included all the tracks from the arcade -- plus some.

DDR always seems to have licensing problems, especially with the older songs. Hopefully it won't be that much of an issue anymore because they had to get alot of new songs for the upcoming SUPERNOVA.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I haven't actually got any of the home versions, but our DDR club here is only allowed to play legal versions of the game (i.e. no Stepmania... at least official songs on it). Club meetings are about all the I have time to play it anymore too. I don't think our arcade on campus is itching to spend money to replace its Extreme machine either.

Hmm, maybe I can get my hands on some of the new stuff from Supernova some other way . I am holding on to our club's Cobalt Flux pads over the summer...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
EBT  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very few people (mostly archowl -if you care to define him as a person) have had bad things to say about UM3 or EX2 so i find that people who complane about no home release or more commonly no american home release being any good havnt played them in a while
trofl  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For example, in EX2, you can't change arrow type (Normal/Flat/Solo) without spending your points and going through the whole shop system. Not good for when you want to practice mods.

I still don't like that you had to buy both Extreme home versions to get a fair number of the songs from the arcade version. They're still missing the actual song Dance Dance Revolution and Bag...
EBT  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we havnt ever gotten an arcade perfect release and we never will thats something almost everyone has given up on i would rather have new songs (like we got with EX and EX 2) than the same songs i spent 3 years playing at the arcade
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record, i would like to say that SuperNova Arcade sucks. When they had the beta in Napperville, IL, me and my homies went and were not pleased. FacinationMAXX is the worst of the Max's. The only made FMAXX to compete with the 11-13s in ITG and it doesn't really do a good job, the sound is sub par and a lot of issues with the step pattern itself are created that makes me think that Konami is starting to give up and are just pumping out a cash cow type game. As for arcade perfect ports, not even ITG is a perfect port. they change it a slight bit to account for the delay in the softer pads, which makes timing ever so slightly different.
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that is expected for the game to be slightly altered, as you said with timings and such because we don't all own acrade replica pads. And the port from ITG was horribly done with rediculous censors and bad editting all over not to mention its disgusting load times.

Because of that I don't plan on getting the next, it did have all the songs though.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only good home version AC replica was Ex JP. Strike has a SICK song selection though, pity its all in japanese ;_; Ex2 is decent, and had a lot of neat ideas that make it stand out from the rest (Strike not included as it's the JP port). ITG2 has had a LOT of bugs fixed, and will be including (most likely) all the exclusive songs from ITG2, with some preview songs from 3, and some classics from 1.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait, have they released ITG 2 home yet?
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly1ngV wrote:
wait, have they released ITG 2 home yet?

I'm not sure. The last time I heard about the possibility of ITG 2 for home consoles, the makers of ITG were in the middle of a lawsuit over copying DDR. Does anyone know what has happened with that?
blah  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phr34k wrote:
Strike has a SICK song selection though, pity its all in japanese ;_;

The only problem the language barrier caused me was a bit of confusion on the challenge where you need to step where there are no notes, and even then only because I hadn't unlocked Ex2 yet. It really isn't much of a problem, stomping on arrows works in any language.

Anyway, Strike definitely has a great song list. I'd rank it as the second best CS release to date, with Extreme JP being the obvious best and probably always will be.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blah wrote:
The only problem the language barrier caused me was a bit of confusion on the challenge where you need to step where there are no notes, and even then only because I hadn't unlocked Ex2 yet. It really isn't much of a problem, stomping on arrows works in any language.

Anyway, Strike definitely has a great song list. I'd rank it as the second best CS release to date, with Extreme JP being the obvious best and probably always will be.

I was able to find a save file with everything unlocked here. Luckily it's available in the only format I can use (for a MAX drive). But if you don't have one, this might not be helpful.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn you JC and your MAX drive ;_;... Anyways, no ITG2 CS has not been released yet, however it is still in development. I'm friends with a few of the members of RoXor...which helps ^_^;;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: