ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New releases: SUPERNOVA, UNIVERSE and Ultramix 4!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well a lot of the songs in EX2 were older songs (butterfly upswing ftw), and in nova, they're quite a few new songs. they ramped up the difficulty of all the charts in nova for better players. but imho, they still don't compare to the charts in ITG .
DemonixX  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only played Extreme 2 a little and was not especially impressed which is about what I'd have to say about extreme as well. I think Max and Max2 were the best home versions in the US. I bought SuperNOVA and I like their little mission system better than the one in extreme but some of the missions are a little silly and some are hard for no concievable reason. Nothing yet has excited me about it. I did buy Ex JP a while ago and that's still my favorite although I have yet to play strike. I saw it in a shop in Chinatown once but they wanted 70 dollars. XP I think not. All the american games seem watered down and too flashy. They elude much of the charm the original ddr had. For those who've played the original DDR for PS1, that was a classy game. I LOVED the song menu with all the cd's. I wish they'd bring that back. =\

EDIT: MAX Drive sounds like it could be a really fun song. XD
Matt  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked how supernova was done, but I didnt like the songlist.
FATE  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like SuperNova for the most part (acrade) but I still find a few things off with it.

-The sound when you scroll through the songwheel is rather annoying
-The new Extra Stage siren makes my ears bleed
-Why do they still make Miss = Boo and Boo = Almost? I see little reason
-There isn't really a Danger! screen (but that might just be turned off on the machine I play on so I'm not 100% this is constant on all versions)

But I still like it. I like how I can play some songs that were just home versions until now (Paranoia Respect for one) and the interface is pretty neat.

I do agree they upped the difficulty of some songs to compete with the ITG crowd, but they aren't all rediculous like some of ITGs songs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FATE wrote:

but they aren't all rediculous like some of ITGs songs.

Because DDR doesn't have Mines and/or hand moves on those songs.
keagan2387  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zill just got supernova, and I realized I will never be as good as the asians at the mall.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DemonixX wrote:
I've only played Extreme 2 a little and was not especially impressed which is about what I'd have to say about extreme as well. I think Max and Max2 were the best home versions in the US. I bought SuperNOVA and I like their little mission system better than the one in extreme but some of the missions are a little silly and some are hard for no concievable reason. Nothing yet has excited me about it. I did buy Ex JP a while ago and that's still my favorite although I have yet to play strike. I saw it in a shop in Chinatown once but they wanted 70 dollars. XP I think not. All the american games seem watered down and too flashy. They elude much of the charm the original ddr had. For those who've played the original DDR for PS1, that was a classy game. I LOVED the song menu with all the cd's. I wish they'd bring that back. =\

EDIT: MAX Drive sounds like it could be a really fun song. XD

oh, you want str!ke. you do. G2 on the PS2 FTW. it also has iFuturelist with its music video.
Dynasty99  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing song: Go! from Ultramix 4.
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly1ngV wrote:
Max.(period) is one of the most fun charts i've played in a long time, considering how hard it is too.

but on a totally different topic, has anyone gotten superNOVA home (or CS as it would be called if it were beatmania or popn, lol) i heard as far as home conversions go, it is actually better than superNOVA arcade and i am severely sceptical of that.

Exccuse me? Weren't you saying before that FAXX had a terrible stepchart? And now you're saying Max.(period) is your favorite.

What a world this has become.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: DDR Max 2 vs. DDR Supernova?? Reply with quote

DDR Maxx vs. DDR Supernova???

Well, Max has Maxx Unlimited. But Supernova has Xepher.... OMGAR what a choice!

[BTW- Legend of Maxx and Xepher- two of the most challenging songs EVER.]
EDIT: oops Legend of maxx= easy. I meant Bag....loking up Legend of Maxx on Youtube.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: