ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero + HDTV...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genga  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Guitar Hero + HDTV... Reply with quote

anyone here with an HDTV?

I went round my mates yesterday to play Guitar Hero on his big 42" effort, and it seemed I was playing really really bad. Playing songs like Take Me Out on medium against my mate, and we were both missing the simple notes at the start and basic strumming patterns were really hard to pull off. Wed get to a 4x multiplyer like twice in a song, and that wouldnt last.

We set it up on a smaller old TV and the game went perfect, we got all the notes and kept our 4x

Has anyone else tried this and had the same problem?
Matt  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be that the notes move faster on a bigger TV and you aren't used to that.
Nytwolf  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to like it on a big tv. I had no problems switching from my 27" to my 60".

I've actually played better on the 60" tv.
Genga  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nytwolf wrote:
I seem to like it on a big tv. I had no problems switching from my 27" to my 60".

I've actually played better on the 60" tv.

60"?!?!?!

when we played we felt like there was some lag

if it would come up say blue yellow blue, wed press blue, hit the first note, press yellow and get that note, go back to blue, but it would say its still yellow. The person who has the TV didnt notice as he doesnt have the game, but there were 2 of us who play it, and he had major problems hitting notes
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very first time I played was on a 70" widescreen HDTV.

As I was a noobie, I can't really make a comment about doing poorly or not.. but I thought I picked it up pretty quick.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you wil have a bad lag on most HDTVs dute to them up sampling the input signals this can run as bad as over a whole second of lag (an eternity ina music game) the common fix is use use composite connections (red yellow white) instead of svideo or component buy an external device or not pla on the TV
Genga  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we used the red yellow and white, it didnt work
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't play on my HDTV either because it lags because it needs to convert its resolution or something of that nature. I don't remember. I do know that some televisions have a game mode and that takes away some of the lag, if not all of it. Mine does have that mode though. I play on an older tv with the game.

There is a component that you can buy that is like 200 dollars and you need to import it and it allows you to plug your A/V cords into it and then plugs in through the VGA which doesn't give lag if you have the plug.

I have my computer hooked up to my monitor and games like Stepmania don't have lag because of the way it is plugged in through the VGA. I'm not exactly ready to pump out that kind of money for it and the developers on the forums said they were looking into the HDTV delay for Guitar Hero II so maybe the game itself will have a setting to fix that. Besides that, I'm fine playing on my older tv although it does look a hell of a lot crisper on the HD.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome

as long as it wasnt just us then
nvega730  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play on a 52" and find it more comfortable then my buddies 32"
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in most cases it is just the video feed that is lagging and not the audio although mine does have a bit off audio lag. You would hit the notes better on a lagging television by not looking at the bottom of the fretbooard to line up strummng but just watching the notes come down and listening to the music. The game is quite generous on giving you some slack on hitting notes so it might not be that big a deal. It certainly turns into a big deal if you are going for scores though.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I play on my dad's HDTV in the living room all the time and haven't experienced any lag at all.

Maybe it's just the brand of TV that makes the difference between lag-free and lagging runs...

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read on various other music gaming related forums that HDTVs with minimal lag do exist but are just uncommon, and IIRC, usually lacking other popular features.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, i hear people complaining about the newer arcade versions of IIDX because the lag from the new screens in HD
Phr34k  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 52" widescreen, with the PS2 hooked up through component and my computer through HDTV...never experienced any lag ever. And yes I play a LOT better using my TV with its huge ass sound system ^_^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: