ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHII League C (Medium) - Season 2 - Week 4 Songs Posted!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elx  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
DrSham wrote:
I'm afraid I have to resign from 'C' League. Apologies to elx and my thanks for the great work you have done.

It appears that certain members of this league feel that those near the top have deliberately placed themselves here even though they should be elsewhere. It's total crap & I can do without it.

I know from the way people have progressed in the last month who are at the top that this is not the case, so it saddens me that I have to make this decision.

Gl to everyone else & i'll see some of you in the 'B' leagues for GH1 & GH2 soon.

We allowed you into C...and you are welcome to stay in C. I would ask you reconsider, have the fun and experience of going through the playoffs (you may not win), and if you do well, accept your virtual trophy, and prep for B league next season.

Agreed, you've earned your spot DrSham, do not give it up. I put you in this league, because you waivered between B and C. It was my decision, and I stand by it. There's no reason to let a few people ruin the league experience for you. You've earned your spot in the playoffs, take it, adn run with it.

Honestly, I'm quite annoyed with everything that has gone on in this league this week. Look at the other leagues, do you see any of this behavior? If any of you think another spot has opened up in playoffs now, think again. DrSham's scores WILL remain in the standings whether he continues to participate or not. This is absolutely disgusting.
RocketMan  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay Sham!!! I wanted to go head-to-head with you for the win!!! (If I'd make it that far ) Anyway, like I said in my other post...I think everyone in this league was legit in being here. The past 3 WEEKS has made a HUGE improvement in my play...as well as others, I'm sure. Elx put you in here, stay and have fun!!!

...Maybe I shouldn't have posted this, kind of a touchy subject right now, but I just wanted to say what I needed to say.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RocketMan wrote:
Stay Sham!!! I wanted to go head-to-head with you for the win!!! (If I'd make it that far ) Anyway, like I said in my other post...I think everyone in this league was legit in being here. The past 3 WEEKS has made a HUGE improvement in my play...as well as others, I'm sure. Elx put you in here, stay and have fun!!!

...Maybe I shouldn't have posted this, kind of a touchy subject right now, but I just wanted to say what I needed to say.

i agree wiv u rocketman, my play has improved so much better. im busting hard mode on gh1 like a pro now.

anyway...u shud stay sham

it's so competetitive competing against u, bcos u beat me a lot in the first 2 weeks, i kept wanting to do better

stuff this week hasnt been gr8...i do admit, i cant believe we've actually had a thread locked

(GH1 league)
GH1/GH2 Hard FC's Goals
Code:

[ ] Parasite         [X] Infected
[ ] Soy Bomb         [ ] Fat Lip
[ ] Elephant Bones   [ ] Even Rats
[ ] Girlfriend       [ ] Killer Queen
[ ] Yes We Can       [ ] Story of my Love
Hello12  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys were right, the mirror mode is easier to 5 star than I first thought!...

even tho I won't make the playoffs with this being the last week i'ma send my scores!...

good luck to those that do
bmintern  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it would be a shame to see the C League go by the wayside. I think that most of the people who entered C League only owned GH for a few weeks, and through constant play while trying to improve their scores on the weekly songs, we have improved our skills tremendously. If I had to start off playing Hard mode, I don't think I would have seen nearly the same results, because Hard is a lot harder than Medium. Even as someone who is near the top of League C at the moment, I can't manage to get past Crazy on You on Hard.

So yeah, that's my two cents, and I think that DrSham should stay, because whatever scores he has, he earned them, just like the rest of us. It's ridiculous to blame the people who are winning just because you are not. Barfo made a very good point when he said that most of the League C players are just starting out and that rapid changes in skill level are to be expected. I thank everyone for the steep competition so far and for the motivation that has helped me to improve my GH skills.
njv232  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Dr. Sham should stay too. Just because he is better than half the other does make it any less fun. I just joined this league to force me to play songs I dislike. My "rank" has jumped 150 since I joined C league. I am getting much better. While I understand Dr. Sham's position, I love watching how much closer I can get to his score(or whomever wins each song) every week. So here is my appeal please stay Dr. Sham. Don't let "the man" get you down!!!

If the decision was made to get rid of C league, I think a lot of people would stop participating because honestly, while I can FC 33 songs(on Medium) now, I would come in last place every week on hard. I mean I am in the fourth tier and I can't even save myself with SP. I think we are always going to have those that complain no matter what is done. So it only makes sense to let it self-correct(by forcing move ups for first two finishers or something similar) and in a couple months it will be fixed. Eventually I will have to move up too (hopefully after I 5* One For the Road(4.7), PF(4.9*), and Instituitionalized (4.9*)).

Good Luck to all
njv232  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been thinking a lot about the poor sports in this league (you know who you are). Since when did this become select league baseball, win at all cost and forget about the concepts of fairness and decency towards others.

Not like this matters, but I have decided not to submit scores this week even though I think I could make the playoffs with a really good week. Thanks for not making this any fun, anymore...
mrseb  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If the decision was made to get rid of C league, I think a lot of people would stop participating because honestly, while I can FC 33 songs(on Medium) now, I would come in last place every week on hard. I mean I am in the fourth tier and I can't even save myself with SP.

on that note...either way, whether i win or lose in the playoffs...

im announcing that i will be moving up to league B for the next GH2 league. I'm already playing league B in the upcoming GH1 league. So this will be my last stand in league C, i would like to thank everyone whos made this league fun and helped me improve by inspiring me to get better, ill just say its a pity that some people have had to be childish on a public forum.

since ive started this league, i have moved up ranks in easy, medium and hard on both GH1 and GH2. I've now improved enough at GH2 on hard to be able to join league B (getting 98% on most songs now).

thank you all

(GH1 league)
GH1/GH2 Hard FC's Goals
Code:

[ ] Parasite         [X] Infected
[ ] Soy Bomb         [ ] Fat Lip
[ ] Elephant Bones   [ ] Even Rats
[ ] Girlfriend       [ ] Killer Queen
[ ] Yes We Can       [ ] Story of my Love
njv232  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrseb wrote:
since ive started this league, i have moved up ranks in easy, medium and hard on both GH1 and GH2. I've now improved enough at GH2 on hard to be able to join league B (getting 98% on most songs now).

That is awesome I wish I could say I were confident and that I could hold my own in B league. Perhaps if they got rid of C and then split everybody up after week one like someone said in the locked forum I would feel more comfortable in B. But I guess we will have to wait and see.

Maybe you can give me some insight. I assume you move your fret hand in Hard instead of playing blue and orange with your pinky, right? Well when you move how do you remember where your fingers are? My problem is not that it is moving too fast in Hard, but rather my fingers wind up in places I don't know about.

And what is Woman doing in the first tier in Hard? Is that song not insanely difficult?

It'll be a shame to see you go msreb, while you beat me every week, it's been a pleasure
RocketMan  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2 cents on hard...
I am currently STUCK!!! at CMH, LtR, and PF...go figure!!! Woman is a VERY difficult song, expecially in the 1st tier. After you do get by it, the next couple tiers "fly by"...yes they are hard, but managable.
Anyway...as far as hand placement, I move mine (more often than not) Either I will play the "Standard" GRYB...or move it it the "2nd" possition of RYBO. Its just a new learning curve when you are in the "2nd" possition. While in the "2nd" possition, and a single Green comes up...you stretch your index finger over and hit G...Like a single O, if int the "Standard" possition. The other "odd" thing that I did for a couple songs is to have my Index finger on G, used my next two fingers to play RBY, then my pinky was on O (If I remember correctly it was just for the intro of a song???) Just remember, there is a bump on Yellow for a reason...it may help you "remember" where you are on the Frets. ??? I know that has helped me a few times (yes did miss a couple notes 'feeling' the yellow to make sure where I was at...but its not like I am coming close to doing really good) Really, the only other suggestions that I can think of right now, remember you can slow it down in practice...don't get to frusterated...learn to alt strum!!! <---thats another BIG one (Alt. Strum!!!)
Ohh...this is getting kind of long. I hope it all makes sence...if you need clarification on anything...just ask. I don't know if I'm the "best" to ask...as I have only played through the Hard songs once (average less than 3 * I think) But I've been there, so I might be able to help. Also, check out in the 'Technique' theads. There is one (I believe) that is titled "Hard is, well...Hard"<---something like that. Anyway, Barfo, has a GREAT post in there. I don't know how to link threads otherwise I would find it and do it....sorry. Ok...now I think I am done

I don't think I will be moving up to B in GH2, yet. We are getting 'forced' into it on GH1...but thats ok. I think I need one more season in C, then I'll move up. But you never know what will happen before the next season...see what happens. I don't want to bump myself up to early, then get last all the time...thus getting discouraged, but then again...I don't want to hold myself back to long either. Maybe just before the start of the next season, I'll ask the commish's what they think. Yeah, I think that would probably be best. ???

Also, finally getting to 'on topic' stuff. Looks like my week is done. I don't think that I can improve my scores (or at least not by much) so, I might just submit them.

NJV232...why are you pulling yourself out of the league?!? Just play it out, there is only a little while to go...then you can move to a different League or whatever. We need the competition to stay!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4931&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

There it is...I figured it out!!! woo-hoo. Anyway, read Barfo's post...its good!!! By the way...its titled "Getting good at Hard"
Hope it helps!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RocketMan wrote:
My 2 cents on hard...
I am currently STUCK!!! at CMH, LtR, and PF...go figure!!! Woman is a VERY difficult song, expecially in the 1st tier. After you do get by it, the next couple tiers "fly by"...yes they are hard, but managable.
Anyway...as far as hand placement, I move mine (more often than not) Either I will play the "Standard" GRYB...or move it it the "2nd" possition of RYBO. Its just a new learning curve when you are in the "2nd" possition. While in the "2nd" possition, and a single Green comes up...you stretch your index finger over and hit G...Like a single O, if int the "Standard" possition. The other "odd" thing that I did for a couple songs is to have my Index finger on G, used my next two fingers to play RBY, then my pinky was on O (If I remember correctly it was just for the intro of a song???) Just remember, there is a bump on Yellow for a reason...it may help you "remember" where you are on the Frets. ??? I know that has helped me a few times (yes did miss a couple notes 'feeling' the yellow to make sure where I was at...but its not like I am coming close to doing really good) Really, the only other suggestions that I can think of right now, remember you can slow it down in practice...don't get to frusterated...learn to alt strum!!! <---thats another BIG one (Alt. Strum!!!)
Ohh...this is getting kind of long. I hope it all makes sence...if you need clarification on anything...just ask. I don't know if I'm the "best" to ask...as I have only played through the Hard songs once (average less than 3 * I think) But I've been there, so I might be able to help. Also, check out in the 'Technique' theads. There is one (I believe) that is titled "Hard is, well...Hard"<---something like that. Anyway, Barfo, has a GREAT post in there. I don't know how to link threads otherwise I would find it and do it....sorry. Ok...now I think I am done

I don't think I will be moving up to B in GH2, yet. We are getting 'forced' into it on GH1...but thats ok. I think I need one more season in C, then I'll move up. But you never know what will happen before the next season...see what happens. I don't want to bump myself up to early, then get last all the time...thus getting discouraged, but then again...I don't want to hold myself back to long either. Maybe just before the start of the next season, I'll ask the commish's what they think. Yeah, I think that would probably be best. ???

Also, finally getting to 'on topic' stuff. Looks like my week is done. I don't think that I can improve my scores (or at least not by much) so, I might just submit them.

NJV232...why are you pulling yourself out of the league?!? Just play it out, there is only a little while to go...then you can move to a different League or whatever. We need the competition to stay!!!

Well I don't play to win, but the spirit in here is getting to the point where a couple just want to win and I do not want to support people acting in that manner.
I am learning to alt. strum the beginning of Hangar 18 is pretty good just for rhythm. But I was just downstrumming a week ago and I would always miss a note in the SP part...go figure.

In Hard I am stuck on Who Was in My Room Last Night. I suppose if I tried alt. strumming I would get farther, but who knows.
RocketMan  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, that is kind of how Hard went for me. Got stuck on Woman, then ???, I think there might of been one other that was tricky...but watch out for Stop. Both Headlight and myself were stuck on that song!!! I finally got by it yesterday (with an audience ...kind of fun to show off, even though I got 2.6* on it...they were all like "WOW, that was Awesome!!!") LOL But yeah, I think it all had to do with the learning of the new twists in Hard.

I understand your feelings about the league. Just kinda wish you would stay for the competition...but your choice is yours!!! See ya next season???

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I will be here next season. I might just post my scores anyway... I figure I am just giving them what they want, but who knows.. I will decide tonight

So I was just playing and I scraped by Who was in my room, then got Can't you hear me knockin', was scared shitless when I remembered the encore was Sweet Child...passed barely... And I just passed Killing in the Name

No 3 or 4 stars except Strutter(6* I think) which is too easy to be in tier 2
njv232  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y'all should check out my Hard scores... they are great. Granted I only played them once just to get through it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: