ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero : Aerosmith!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JorWat001  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just great, we get a limited time download when my 360 is shipped to mircosoft because of the RROD so I'm going to miss out on the new song

EDIT- After the 2 day that the free download is up will it still be there but we will have to pay points for it? or is it just going to be taken down? =/

[X] 10 Mill - Solo Drum Career
[] Top 150 Drummers on 360 (I fell a few ranks =/)

Last edited by JorWat001 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
cpowlus  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they don't make us pay out 60 bucks for this..
T-Pain  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHOOOOOOOTTT dream on dlc that just made my weekend:D
+ I'm a huge huge fan of aerosmith so I am of course buying this one:D
vaultitup  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i could quote mark for a second from the podcast
Me: "Fuck the Aerosmith Edition"
Smokey: "Is that Real?"
Mark: "Yea its real......REAL DUMB"

Credit to Karatechess
eachann  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really thrilled about this announcement.... I love Aerosmith, I think they rock and am more than happy to see their songs in Guitar Hero. But a whole game for just them? Does this mean there is going to be a whole game dedicated to every decent band out there?

One of the strengths of Guitar Hero from GH1 on has been the great variety of music.... everything from classic rock to metal to blues to punk to pop has been represented to some degree.... and it has opened up a lot of people to a lot of music they never would have cared about before. This move goes the opposite direction and will have people limiting themselves to just GH versions of whatever band they already liked.

There are a ton of bands I love that I'd like to see more of in GH, but that doesn't mean I want to see a whole game dedicated just to them. I just think it's a bad idea overall.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Press Release info Chris. Aerosmith has a very wide range of rock music that will appeal to a mass market making this a very wise choice for the company to pursue.

I'm curious as to how long the PS2 will be supported. My guess is that GH4 will be the dying end for the mother console of the series

jesusgoestoraves wrote:

If this is GH4... no. It can't be.

Amplitude 3 sounds like a better idea at this point (bcuz Amplitude kicked ass and you know it!!)

This is definitely not GH4. The number would most certainly be used in the title.

Amplitude is an outstanding game that I enjoy to this day. The only thing is that it was created by Harmonix, not Neversoft :P

Last edited by Mithin on Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chil  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Dream On in the Playstation Store. It looks like we get it tomorrow through the 18th.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris..

dont you dare go overcharting again...

you could ruin aerosmith for a WHOLE lot of people by making the charts shit and annoying to play.

NEEDS MOAR GH2 CHARTS

/me runs
Barfo  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aerosmith songs on the previous games were some of the most fun to play i thought, (esp liked Last Child), even though i think aerosmith is a horrible band (but then i dislike most of the music in GH so thats sentiment is not atypical), but even i think more than about 5 aerosmith songs in one title would be way too many. Hopefulyl the friends list is a bigger proportion than that press release makes it sound. Its a very badly written press release though, at least in terms of fans of the series reading it, they are highlighting all the wrong points, and in fact in some cases the potentially most negative aspects of the title. what is the deal with putting 'Epic Collaboration Creates First Music-Based Game to Feature One
Band' as a tag-line, it not only contradicts what the release says later about other celebrated artists, its brain-dead to lead with probably the single strongest potential percieved weakness of your product. I can just see the X360 PR now: 'Microsoft brings to your homes the first console with over 25% RRoD!'

Bad thigns from PR: Id feel better if they were to announce they were goign to go with a budget/expansion price point, or if theyd give an idea of the rough total number of tracks in the title. Sort of odd to have that info missing from the PR. OF course its lack and the fact they are tryign to refer to it as a full "game" sort of implies that they will be continuing with GH80's half track list/full price model. Also how tacky are lines fromt he band themselves talkign themselves up? Aerosmith actually has the chops they are claiming there, you cant just go find some music critic to quote and make those statments, even hollywood knows when you have the latest high profile movie from some renowned director that may or may not be past their prime, you quote from critics talking about their rich directing history to put in the trailer or on the posters, not from the guy himself.

Interestign thigns from PR: The way they talk abotu stepping inot he shoes of Perry, Whitford, and Hamilton sort of implies to me that you might have up to three charts on each song, or at least they will be separated completely the lead and the rhythm tracks in addition to bass, that would be pretty cool to be able to pick any of the three tracks to play for each song (or even selected songs), and could even translate into 3-player coop, but that seems a big stretch, it could just be that the PR writers were being uncareful with their terms.

Last edited by Barfo on Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thracian  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Like Aerosmith but no band needs a guitar hero game Just about them in my opinion, for the people who like guitar hero (which is loads) may not like or like but not love Aerosmith will be staying clear. I can see only people who totally love Aerosmith and Guitar Hero Die-Hards buying this and the Die-Hards will only buy it if the price is low, not rock the 80's price...And I'm not just talking about people on scorehero which is only probably 2 to 5% of the guitar hero community as a whole.
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfJC wrote:
Chris..

dont you dare go overcharting again...

you could ruin aerosmith for a WHOLE lot of people by making the charts shit and annoying to play.

NEEDS MOAR GH2 CHARTS

/me runs

Excuse me king of jesus christ?
andyTHPS  
Neversoft Staff
Neversoft Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, chris, stop ruining the game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Quakmybush  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah meh.....

Whatever, free GH3 song atleast
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Quakmybush
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyTHPS wrote:
yeah, chris, stop ruining the game.

You ruin life.
DarkFoxMrd  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic Guitar Hero Dev Forum Battle FTW
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 2 of 68

Jump to: