ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GAH! (Venting @ those near misses)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do y'all feel me?
Oh hell yeah, man, lived it myself
62%
 62%  [ 17 ]
Yes
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Maaaaaaaybe
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
I don't even know what you're talking about
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 27

AskewedOne  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: GAH! (Venting @ those near misses) Reply with quote

Is it just me, or can it be just MORE frustrating when you work on a song just to get to 16%, have a "magical" run where you manage to get up to 68% that leaves you feeling somewhat happy, then come back to the song the next day only to fail at 92%?!?!?! (CfH Exp.)

Or when you finally get the cajones up to attempt that one song you've been dreading to play on the main track list... Only to get all the way up to 97% and fail on your first run through? (BatM Exp.) Not only that, but to be unable to truly vent your frustrations in a record-setting stream of obsenities afterwards because there's young children present. And then have someone tell you to calm down because it's "Only a game" when things like this are the last real roadblocks you have left to hurdle before you feel you can relax once again and put true joy into the game as you now only have increasing your scores to do?

This is the hell I just went through, I need to feel the love from my fellow GH bretheren.

EDIT: Note: All of this happened over Friday and Saturday, had finally worked my way past Frankenstein and decided to take a short break from the game before trying to tackle these two songs, Friday before work is when I kept getting stuck around 16% on CFH and then got 68% just before I had to leave, which made me feel like I was at least getting closer... then came the 92% run. I mean, if I'm going to fail, I'd at least like to be more consistant at it, and not start feeling like I'm going to make only to fall on my face nearing the finish line.

Last edited by AskewedOne on Sun May 07, 2006 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Genga  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing I hate is im trying to do 100% on as many songs as possible, so to take the easy route, ill start on easy, as you can see Im doing pretty well, theres just one song which I get right to the end and fuck a note up, I literally smashed my guitar off my bed, so thank goodness its springy :P

but i know how ya feel man, pain in the balls
AskewedOne  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genga wrote:
one thing I hate is im trying to do 100% on as many songs as possible, so to take the easy route, ill start on easy, as you can see Im doing pretty well, theres just one song which I get right to the end and fuck a note up, I literally smashed my guitar off my bed, so thank goodness its springy :P

but i know how ya feel man, pain in the balls

I thankfully managed to avoid unstrapping the SG and smashing it, as 1) I only play standing up unless my knees are being gimpy, and 2) there ain't exactly a lot of padding underneath this carpet. Not to mention the fact that I think my wife would thereafter string me up by my tender parts for the waste of money that would wind up being.

On a side note, after those misadventures, I nearly lost my top again during More Than a Feeling by missing notes I hit usually hit 90+% of the time, but, the general feel of the song managed to tame me a little bit.
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i honestly never had any trouble PASSING songs, i always get it on at least the second try, but 100's are bitches
H0llyw00d  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true story, I have been trying to beat CfH - Expert for I don't know how long... I just can't do it, i don't know how many times I've gotten above 95% on that song before failing. I was at Phr34k's place one day just messing around, we were about to turn off GH and I just felt like playing one more song... CfH - Expert. So I say, watch I'll beat it now because I don't have my memory card on me. What happens, I beat it. I was so frustrated/happy that I threw the guitar on the bed, then proceded to trip over the cord and send the guiter crashing to the ground... luckily it was ok. Well yea that was the only time I have been able to beat that song. I will defeat you again someday CfH!!!!
Cliff  

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bark at the Moon - Expert - 99% at failure

I had played through and beaten the song before, so I KNEW that the note that I failed on was THE LAST NOTE IN THE SONG.

Luckily, I'm in a college dorm, so I could curse up a storm putting a sailor to shame
Nytwolf  

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try getting all the way through Texas Flood on Hard carrying a X4 multiplier, miss a stupid note at the end, and miss finally five starring it by less than a thousand.

I'm repairing my SG as we speak.
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nytwolf wrote:
Try getting all the way through Texas Flood on Hard carrying a X4 multiplier, miss a stupid note at the end, and miss finally five starring it by less than a thousand.

Wow, I don't get that mad over this game. Even ES942 failed to beat my Heart Full of Black score by 3 points and didn't report a broken guitar.
ES942  

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this reminds me of a story.

my dad was in the doorway eating pizza, and he went to go cut it with his fork, and the pizza spilled all over his qhite shirt. so he turned around and threw the fork at the tile wall behind the kitchen sink and took a pretty good sized piece out of it.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Guitar Legend already ES? You've obviously been working at it today, because IIRC you were at about 170 this morning.
ES942  

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well once i see krimsunmunkeys under the last post post of about 7 topics, i thought i had some work to do

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
well once i see krimsunmunkeys under the last post post of about 7 topics, i thought i had some work to do

Hee hee, I'll get there soon.
Nytwolf  

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
Nytwolf wrote:

Wow, I don't get that mad over this game. Even ES942 failed to beat my Heart Full of Black score by 3 points and didn't report a broken guitar.

I was just exaggerating. I've never gotten that mad, it was just an extremely frustrating moment. My sg is fine. I might even try again today if I can put down Kingdom Hearts II
AskewedOne  

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's funny sometimes what triggers our tempers to actually flare up. Anyhoo, I only have one of the original 30 left to scrape my way through on Expert, then I'll most likely calm down again. I've seen that last yellow on BATM a few times now, just have to actually REACH it. And now I have another game-specific controller to try to take care of for beatmania.
krimsunmunkeys  

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nytwolf wrote:
I might even try again today if I can put down Kingdom Hearts II

Good luck... that game sucked up an entire week of my life at the end of March and beginning of April. All day and night, except when my parents forced me to go to school, I played that game until I beat it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: