ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
AntiSelect button

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IUnasinu  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: AntiSelect button Reply with quote

I just wanted to post my hatred of using the select button for star power. I do realize you can get more precise timing but i don't think that is the intended way to get the star power rockin. Anyways, just wanted to voice my opinion and say power to the tilters, hahah.
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: AntiSelect button Reply with quote

IUnasinu wrote:
i don't think that is the intended way to get the star power rockin.

Well it obviously is if they created and assigned that button to do that.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't be Anti-Select because I envy those who are unable to hit select to enter star power. I want to have that good timing.

IUnasinu  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: AntiSelect button Reply with quote

MaximusDM wrote:
IUnasinu wrote:
i don't think that is the intended way to get the star power rockin.

Well it obviously is if they created and assigned that button to do that.

Well you can also use the regular PS2 controllers, but that doesn't make it right!!
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually find it easier to get precise timing by tilting. When I'm delaying a star power activation as late as possible to squeeze in extra notes it seems easier for me to tilt and hit the first note late than to hit select late and then strum immediately afterwards. When I try to use select in such cases I usually end up missing the note. I've gotten used to the delay involved with tilting and timing it properly to activate exactly when I want. There is the occasional time when the tilt sensor doesn't activate as expected, but in general I find tilting is easier.

That said, I'm not opposed to the use of the select button. If I found it easier to activate by using select, I would certaintly do so myself.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: AntiSelect button Reply with quote

IUnasinu wrote:
Well you can also use the regular PS2 controllers, but that doesn't make it right!!

It doesn't make it wrong. The game was designed to support both controllers. Both controllers have their advantanges and disadvantages.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, i dont think, people should just press the select button to activate SP. takes the fun out of it, some people just dont think about making the game fun or different, they are just interested in their score....
blah  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why must music games and elitism always go hand in hand?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blah wrote:
Why must music games and elitism always go hand in hand?

Because I'm better than you because clearly you use cheap tactics to get a better score...

From the manual on p. 5, titled "Using the Guitar Controller":
Quote:
Select Button: Activates Star Power

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
lilchris25  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only use the select button mainly if i am activating it as i am getting into a set of notes. Texas flood is the main song I do this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: lilc25
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I gotta agree with Cirri on this one...if the select button was easier for me to use to get star power, I would use it...but usually if I try that I end up missing notes. I think it's easier to use star power whenever you need to by tilting it instead...and actually if you kind of tilt your body sideways instead of tilting the guitar by itself, you can keep the guitar at the same angle and not miss any notes (although it looks kind of retarded )
Phr34k  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the select button, not only because I find it more easier (I have an extensive classical guitar background)...but because the sensors in my guitar died. This argument is as trivial as using the bar in DDR / ITG... WHO CARES
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
Matt  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm locking this before it can get out of hand.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: