ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
HELP!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

ok i need help desperately...Texas Flood is the only song i have left before i become a expert guitar god...IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS! any one have any suggestions on how to 5* this retarded song?
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just practice. Once you can keep good combos, your score will be high enough.
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
Just practice. Once you can keep good combos, your score will be high enough.

dammit, the only answer i was NOT looking for, this is gonna take a while
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry.

Do you have the VGS Player? Maybe it can help you learn the rhythms.
stv2049  

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Try something different Reply with quote

When I feel like I've reached a roadblock with a particular section of any song, I try to approach it using a different fingering technique.

In the first star note section in Texas Flood, for example, I usually have my index finger on the R button, but I must have tried 50 times using that technique. Trying it by shifting my hand down to 'Medium Mode' (index finger on G) I was able to hit it more consistently. As a result, I could then hit it more consistently with my index on G.

Another song I used diffferent techniques is Farewell Myth during the triple chord 'slidey' section. I ended up hitting the G+R, then sliding my index and middle fingers up to R+Y, then hitting the final R+B with index and ring fingers. I repeat this technique for the second triple-chord set. It improved my accuracy immensely once I changed my technique.

Another thing that helped me learn the timing of Expert songs was to play them on Hard difficulty, then go to the Expert difficulty. At least on an easier setting, you'll be hitting more of the notes, right?

Hope this helps! I just recently 5*ed Texas Flood - Expert after many dozens of attempts. I think out of all of those attempts I hit the HOPO Y+B run at the end of the intro JUST ONCE.

I'd love to be able to practice just those runs, then I'd be set for tackling Frankenstein and Fire it Up.

Good luck!
EdwardTeach666  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Try something different Reply with quote

stv2049 wrote:
When I feel like I've reached a roadblock with a particular section of any song, I try to approach it using a different fingering technique.

I just want to thank you and I'm glad I read this post.

I went from about 135k to 212k on heart full of black just from changing my fingering technique. Edit: Expert mode, also hapens to be my highest ranked expert song now

I was having trouble in the chorus when it went from the single note scale skipping yellow on the way back down to the GY chord. I was sliding from the last red single to green with my index and dropping the ring for the chord, this only worked about 50%. well I started sliding my pinky from the orange to the blue and then hitting the red with my middle and the GY chord with index/ring. this seemed more dificult to me, but I nailed that passage all but one time in the song, and I think i missed that one just becaues I got too excited.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: