ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
30 Feet of Rock tourney - Columbus, OH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deshtruction  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
i could pass off as 18, or i could come in your SG gig bag, wuLFe

just print out a picture of your Light that blinds Expert FC and say here's my ID and they'll let you in lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
I might go... I'm kinda sick of GH2, though. I'd like to AT LEAST watch. I'd have to practice a TON to compete with any of you guys. And tbh, I'm not really that motivated.

It's hard mode, mang!

You'd probably FC most songs on your sight read! So far in hard mode I think that there have been about 15 songs that I've had to retry to FC (obviously from knowing the songs in Expert mode quite well), but you really won't have to stress too much. I think we should get Katie to play as well
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Raptor  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's $10 entry, and I think $3 just to watch.

As for it being Hard mode, I really think most people will agree on Expert, more so than not.
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man. I thought "Wowzers! I'm going to win this!" until I read that everyone was coming. Still, this is badass. I live within walking distance of Studio 35 - I see Rocky Horror there every so often. Anyways, everybody come down for it. If anyone wants to stay at my house who's driving for it, feel free. Just be prepared to have your asses whooped on my tiny TV (I'm looking at Priest and Wulfe).

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only $10? I bet since it is sponsored they give everyone neat RO/GH related things (t-shirts maybe?).

Maybe I will go, then.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
Only $10? I bet since it is sponsored they give everyone neat RO/GH related things (t-shirts maybe?).

Maybe I will go, then.

Yup - I know the 15 minutes drive is harsh and all, but I think it would be a good idea

Besides, just the whole "GH2 on a cinema screen" thing should be very cool - I bet it's lagged to hell though
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Raptor  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend anyone in reasonable distance to go for it; Columbus is a cool place to hang out. Rowdy OSU campus (maybe not now), The Budweiser plant (meh), sip on the finest King Cobras, visit the first Wendy's in Dublin, there's some nice headshops downtown (for you types...)

Quote:
Besides, just the whole "GH2 on a cinema screen" thing should be very cool - I bet it's lagged to hell though

I sure hope not, I would think whoever is organizing this has played it there before to work out any kinks.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
Huwonk wrote:

Maybe I will go, then.

Yup - I know the 15 minutes drive is harsh and all, but I think it would be a good idea

That's actually more like a 40 minute drive. =)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm driving from pittsburgh
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should ask the manager of the tourney to bump it up to Expert... I never play hard . I sightread it just to get the guitars, and never looked back.

But I am curious nonetheless to see how laggy the screens will be lol! I'm going to get a kick out of how big the buttons are, it's gonna be like having the computer monitor set to 800x600. Can you say grandma settings?

dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine the lag will be horrible and it will be on Hard Mode, but I mean, we'll all be there to change those things. We will be the majority so we can set up how we want things to go.

I've been cleaning up around campus lately, playing with friends of friends. This is going to be so humbling hardly finishing in the top 5.

COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, who's buying food? Lol, we should order pizza, unless they will have food and drinks to buy there (that's how it was at a Halo 2 tourney I went to only they were free drinks and food woohoo!).

I'm trying to get my friend to come with me, if he doesn't, he's getting kidnapped. Hopefully we'll have time for co-op, I would like to play co-op with some good people.

dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they'll let us play some Co-op at the theater, but if not, like I said, we can all come hang out at my place. I live down the street.

And there's a lot of good pizza places around Columbus so we should be all right as far as food goes.

buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, id like to go but alas, im only 17. That and I hate driving to columbus with a fiery passion.
Wendigo  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, im definetely not too good at GH (jsut completed hard, through second tier of expert with no major issues). my friend is ocmpeting in this tourney, and i want to know if i would be able to go just to watch. a few of my other friends also wanted to go. i really dont want to have to pay ten dollars + go and get my ass handed to me to go watch this. anyone know if id be able to go as a spectator?

i go to OSU btw, so yeah...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: