ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Funny GH2 E3 story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stv2049  

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Funny GH2 E3 story Reply with quote

First of all, let me start by saying that I would never diminish or deny someone else's right to ROCK! Anyway:

E3 day 3. I hit up the Red Octane booth a little bit after 9am, picked up 3 more buttons, another poster and a t-shirt (thank you RO sales dude!)

Then I wander over to the Sony area and see the other two GH2 setups. Hm. No long lines, lots of fresh-faced newbies picking Easy. Not a lot of volunteers stepping up to play so I did and wowed the crowd easily with Expert Bass - Arterial Black. Thank you, thank you.

I hand over the guitar and step back in line again. Two dudes (I'll call them Bill and Ted) step up and one presses Single Player by accident. I helpfully get them going with Co-op, and they choose "War Pigs" *roll* okay 8 minutes. Fine. On top of that, they choose...Easy difficulty.

Um.

Ok, so they start and flail miserably, looking down at their fingers to check that they still have all five.

(please fail, please fail, please fail...)

'Ted' is singing along with the vocals. Nice. They start to get the hang of it, saying, "Boy, I thought I would hate this game, but it ROCKS!"

They finally, agonizingly, complete the song without ever using star power (usually, I would encourage Co-op players, "You're in the Red! Use star Power!" and they'd both hit it, but I was feeling a little selfish)

They high-five and hand over the guitars. Sadly, at that moment, the game hard-froze even before getting to the results screen; probably some bad math algorithm trying to divide by zero or taking square roots of imaginary numbers...

...Anyway, Ted pulls out a video camera and begins to document their successful first foray into the world of Guitar Hero, holding the camera at arm's length, pointing it at their profiles as they have a conversation:

"Well, Ted, I must say that This Gitarr-hero game is most excellent!"

"Yes, Bill, I must concur. In fact, we RAWK'D out so hard that we crashed the (*FBOMB*) game!"

Ted, pans over to show proof that they did just that.

I'm dying over here, guitar in hand, staring at the frozen pre-results screen.

"This has been Bill...and I'm Ted...signing off from E3 2006!"

Party on, dudes. ;)
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what you get for going to E3 without us!
Genga  

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no joy ;)

hope you got it fixed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: