ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Suggestion for organizing this forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
entropymaxer  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Suggestion for organizing this forum Reply with quote

So when i come here to look at stuff i have gotten pretty tired of sifting through all the topics to find the one im looking for. I mean they are stickied but so many are stickied that it defeats the purpose of organizing things.

It'd be nice if there was some way (not sure if there is) to put things into like folders maybe,

like a folder for season one, and a folder for each league level, then season two each league level etc etc...

something like that, its just a mess right now. It'd be cool if it could be cleaned up a bit
Dynasty99  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.
Ashes2Ashes  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny that your name is entropymaxer, yet you want organization.

Anyway OT, this is a great idea. Or maybe you could arrange the topics alphabetically (AAA, AA, A, B, C) In a static position so you always know where to look.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to do the sort of thing that they did for the Song FAQs, dividing it into an Easy, Medium, Hard, and Expert section?

It might not be too hard to do...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashes2Ashes wrote:
It's funny that your name is entropymaxer, yet you want organization.

haha that is funny, i never saw the irony in that. Thanks for pointing it out
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would just need to do sub forums, ie like the medium, hard, expert, etc.) and have it set up similar to the following:

Leagues:

\League AAA (Expert III)
\\\Results
\\\General

\League AA (Expert II)
\\\Results
\\\General

\League A1 (Expert I)
\\\Results
\\\General

\League A2 (Expert I)
\\\Results
\\\General

\League A3 (Expert I)
\\\Results
\\\General

\League B (Hard)
\\\Results
\\\General

\League C (Medium)
\\\Results
\\\General

------------------------------------

You would have a forum for Leagues, sub forums for each League, and sub-sub forums for Results and for General talk. You could sticky the current weeks Results in the Results sub-sub forum and the song selection and poll in General.

Just a thought.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let Javman comment on this since I've made him in charge of the leagues.

However, just to be clear the options available, I can only create one level of sub-forums. "sub-sub-forums" are not an option.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

annnnd... owned by JCirri. Lol.. Well it was an idea.. back to the drawing board.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
Dynasty99  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, he said sub forums are an option, so it could be like song faqs: easy, medium, hard, expert; 'cept it would be League Forum:C,B,A,AA,AAA
rabies  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we first asked JC to create a forum section for us, we discussed sub forums in here for each of the divisions... We decided against that for two reasons.
1. We were not sure how popular it would be.
2. We were not sure how many leagues there would be.

Obviously, it is a lot more popular than we could have initially imagined.

Next season, if enrollment is as high as this season, we will almost certainly split expert into at least 4 leagues..rather than 3..which would force a change to the forum structure....and we don't want to get in the habit of making changes to the forum structure.

We'll discuss it and let you guys know. In the meantime, anymore suggestions are welcome.
DarkKnight720  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:
Would it be possible to do the sort of thing that they did for the Song FAQs, dividing it into an Easy, Medium, Hard, and Expert section?

It might not be too hard to do...

Agreed...Just thought of Sub-Forums..

NetStormer  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My turn!

What I think should be done, is the whole subforums thing (AAA,AA,A1,A2,A3,B,C) and then in each sub-forum, we can have threads for each the poll, results, and songs for the week, then an official smack-talk thread, and then any other suggestions can be made in separate threads. Comments? Additions/Changes?

I really think this may be a winning formula, but it may not be perfect to everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashes2Ashes wrote:
Anyway OT, this is a great idea. Or maybe you could arrange the topics alphabetically (AAA, AA, A, B, C) In a static position so you always know where to look.

I think this idea would work great for right now. I think that if the main topics were ordered AAA, AA, A, B, C, that would solve a lot of problems. Do the polls really need to be stickies? I mean, as soon as they are made, they will be at the top anyways, and there aren't too many other topics here that would rise to the top. I definitely think that the weekly results don't need to be stickied.

I can understand putting off the whole subforum thing until the next installment, but I think it wouldn't be too hard right now to reconsider which topics should be stickied.
trofl  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's probably not possible (well, maybe possible but not simple to code) to do, but I'd rather keep Leagues as it is in one big forum, but have the topics color coded. My experience is with forums is those that have too many subforums are much harder to moderate and also are left with sections that get too little loving. No offense to any C or B leaguers, but I'm never going into a forum about them, but I do enjoy just clicking on the standings for them and all the A and AA leagues on my way to the AAA topics in this jumbo forum.

I'm mostly just playing devils advocate here, I think the added structure would work, but as stated, there are definitely some drawbacks.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
eman2101  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best thing to do is to have some of the stickies not change position in regards to replies. It could look like

League AAA - General
League AAA - Results
League AAA - Poll
League AA - General
etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: