SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
THE ULTIMATE GH/RB FENDER SG
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
P4721cX  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glacier985 wrote:
So you wired the whammy straight up? Cause I am having trouble getting the RB logic board to work with the SG whammy pot in my Start to SG conversion.

in my version of the SG and my RB Strat they both used a B10k pot which i would image this would be pretty uniform across all guitars. not sure what you mean by trouble, but remember a pot switch is simply a variable resisstor so if you reverse the wiring it will act the same just starting in the opposite position. up will now be down...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P4721cX wrote:
...you would need to bulid a circuit to close the strum in order to get this effect. not a difficult task if you have the know how...

Oooohh ooohhh!!!! I have the know how!
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13116
Read all of this post before you start, there are many good ideas scattered throughout. This would be an awesome mod for this guitar since the solo buttons can be singled out as such and you wouldn't need the on/off switch. This type of solo button tapping mod is not as usable as the Stratocaster solo buttons since once a fret is held down, it blocks the signal for additional frets and it's a challenge to play with. The one advantage that these solo tapping buttons have over the Stratocaster's is that they can be used at any point in the song, not just in the solo or BRE sections.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: further updates... Reply with quote

continuing the saga.. starting my own forum for general electronics mods and hacks.. So when your not Rocking to SCOREHERO and want to check out some cool mods stop by. http://thelautus.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: