ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Homemade Freetar songs crash in GH2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hyoobeaux  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Homemade Freetar songs crash in GH2 Reply with quote

I have created several custom songs using the Freetar Editor as well as having downloaded the notecharts off of these forums. The ones created by other people all work fine when I burn them. but if I use the exact same method to burn songs that I create, the game crashes unless I play my songs in practice mode. I'm not sure if there is a step that I have overlooked in the conversion tutorials (which are great by the way) or in the burning tutorials, but something is definitely different. Could it possibly have something to do with the [END] event which I don't bother to change. I find the event and see a bunch of numbers but i'm unsure of the relationship between those numbers and the length of the song. Any help, hints, or guidance is greatly appreciated and i'm sure that once I figure this all out, I can become a huge contributer to the custom song scene. Thanks guys!
katamakel  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you will.
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3722

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, thank you. I've read that topic and all of the replies about a thousand times. There is even a guy having the same problem as I, but it doesn't say how to keep the game from crashing. I guess you guys don't know. Thanks anyway, I appreciate it.
ironman8855  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem. What i did was take a mid file from the game. I use institutionalized. Then i do the conversion process using the file and then you have to change the end times in the events. you just double click end then you have to change the second number and play around with it. You want to change the end to about 1 second after the song ends. This method has worked for me good luck with it.
Mr.E  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hy there,

I´ve got a similar problem. I also have converted songs from Freetar (.sng) and all of my converted Songs end right after the beginning ("you Rock" screen).

I´ve used Anvil Studio to swap the notes in the gh2template.mid and safed the file in a different name. Then i was changing the end event, but when it is set to match the Songs end (or 1 sec. more) Anvil Studio is telling me: invalid time. Does anybody know how to solve this problem ?

Sorry for my English, (I´m from Germany) I hope you understand what I mean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: