ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Are modded Guitar Hero ISO's compatible with HD Loader?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaarlieee  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Are modded Guitar Hero ISO's compatible with HD Loader? Reply with quote

I went through so much hard work for hours today just to do five songs. I tried to load the backup on HD Loader and it didn't work.

Today is just one of those days where nothing went right..

The only reason I could think of for it not working is because I burned the iso via dvd decrypter at 8x (I'm using the burned iso made from computer A to use winhiip on computer B to transfer from that computer to the ps2 hdd). Would writing at 8x have made a bad burn? The media is a Sony DVD+R capable of up to 8x.
cliffjumper  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually use WinHIIP to directly transfer the ISOs to the PS2 hard drive without worrying about burning them. I'm not sure if that's an option for you, but I figured I'd throw it out there. Also, make sure you have the latest version of HDLoader for maximum compatibility.
katamakel  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this helps?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffjumper wrote:
I usually use WinHIIP to directly transfer the ISOs to the PS2 hard drive without worrying about burning them. I'm not sure if that's an option for you, but I figured I'd throw it out there. Also, make sure you have the latest version of HDLoader for maximum compatibility.

That's not an option for me.

Computer A (my primary computer) is running xp x64 and some of the software to do the song mods is not compatible, so I can't use computer A.

I have to do all the work on a much slower computer B.

After I did all the work, I have to do a burn because I have no other means of transferring the iso (unless I want to host it online, but I don't). So I have to either burn the iso as a game on computer B and then use that game iso on computer A and transfer the game iso via winhiip to the ps2 hdd--which I just tried and it failed

Or I can burn the iso as a data dvd on computer B and then copy the iso from that data dvd to computer A, and then transfer to ps2 hdd via winhiip--which I'm trying right now to see if it works.

Sounds really complicated, but it sucks when you're me..
chaarlieee  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, while I was trying the second method I listed in the post above, I thought about it and I realized that the first method I tried would never work because you can't transfer a game via winhiip directly from a game disc, you can only transfer it from an iso (I think).

So I transferred the straight iso and it worked.

I worked on this stuff for maybe five hours today and it was painful, but I'm just glad everything worked. I'll have a lot of requests and maybe try to make some of my own tracks if I have the time.

This site is the shit. Thanks ScoreHero!
katamakel  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not request songs to be made unless someone posts that they're willing to take request.
Read the sticky about that (we have stickies about everything here )

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaarlieee wrote:
OK, while I was trying the second method I listed in the post above, I thought about it and I realized that the first method I tried would never work because you can't transfer a game via winhiip directly from a game disc, you can only transfer it from an iso (I think).

Nope both ways SHOULD work. Theres an option to take the actual game from a dvdrom and rip it to an iso on the ps2hdd.
chaarlieee  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urth wrote:
chaarlieee wrote:

Nope both ways SHOULD work. Theres an option to take the actual game from a dvdrom and rip it to an iso on the ps2hdd.
Yeah, I thought there was because I remember doing a few games that way like Shadow of the Colossus, but I guess it was just a bad game iso.

Anyway, everything works now.

I can't play ANY of the five songs I modded. I can almost finish 50% on Dead Eyes See No Future, but I can't play Enemy Within or any of the DragonForce songs. Insanely harder compared to the normal Guitar Hero II Expert difficulty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: