ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Mixed GH League?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should there be a mixed GH league?
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 19 ]
No
26%
 26%  [ 11 ]
Maybe?
28%
 28%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 42

Hackelmania13  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Mixed GH League? Reply with quote

What I want to know from you guys is if you'd support not only a GH2/1 league, but a mixed GH league. This would involve a combination of both GH1 and GH2 at the same time. Ashes2Ashes started this idea, and I am in no way trying to steal his idea or anything like that, I just have an interest in possibly running it and I'm here to find out if you guys would be interested in it.

My ideas include choosing 2 songs from each game per week, and having the same system as the current GH2 league. Heck, what I was thinking is since the leagues are so crazy right now, maybe it could be an all-accessible league, with 1 song played on easy, 1 on medium....you get the point. 1 song per difficulty each week. Just a thought for some added variety. Like I said, this is just a topic to try and find out if anyone would have any interest in this at all.

Of course, there's a few cons to it all. Obviously one would be when would it occur since chances are there will be the GH1/2 leagues running near each other, so a 3rd leaguye would be even more hectic. And the other issue obviously is interest. Like I said, if Barfo's willing to donate the spreadsheets and you guys are interested, I'd be glad to give it my best shot in trying to manage a mixed GH league.

Please share your thoughts!
Awarded to the competiters with the lowest ever score differential in a single play-off bracket. During the semi-finals of the Season 3 playoffs, Hackelmania defeated NineInchNails by 1 point (284,654 vs 284,653) on Rock This Town (Hard) to advance to the finals.
Drazar  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably be up for it, but I seem to have misplaced my copy of GH1
ffffaaaacccckkkk  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it would be great being able to play old and new this idea is awesome
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: xffaacckkxshx PSN Name: F_A_C_K
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind playin both, but it seems a bit hectic with 3 seperate leagues...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea, and i'm up for it. But i think it shouldn't be 2 songs from each game. I think that 4 songs should be chosen randomly out of 111 songs. That way, the league kind of acts like a random song league and makes it less like the fact that there are 2 seperate games and more like the fact that we are just picking random songs to play out of 111. It makes it more interesting that way and makes it less suspectible as to what song will be played that week.

Don't know if any of that made sense?
Hackelmania13  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's what I was thinking...it'd be really fun, but 3 seperate leagues would be kinda crazy...

Anybody else?
Awarded to the competiters with the lowest ever score differential in a single play-off bracket. During the semi-finals of the Season 3 playoffs, Hackelmania defeated NineInchNails by 1 point (284,654 vs 284,653) on Rock This Town (Hard) to advance to the finals.
pvhawkeye08  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mix league appeals to me more so than a strict GH1 only league, even tho im signed up for that. ive talked to ashes about maybe being a commish if mix league happens and im certainly up for participating as well- im also voting for the 'random of all songs in both games' idea instead of 2 from each and i think the idea with one song easy one song medium one song hard.... is somewhat... odd? no offense or anything just think that it should be ran very similar to the gh2 leagues... good system
LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN PEOPLE!

PS- as far as the three leagues at once problem in my opinion the mixer may be a one league deal for most(?) participants (eventually)... i guess i look at it like a jukebox- have one w/ half another w/ half and another w/ all. unless you're really opposed to one game or the other or if you just like playing 15 (or 10 if 1 and 2 switch off) in one week. I don't think it should be a 3way revolving 1/2/mix although i like the 1 and 2 switching off option...
jeesh that was a long PS
Hackelmania13  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I kinda understand what you mean, but a lot of the "PS" part confuses me..can you explain?

Come on people, the power of rock has to be stronger than the craziness of 3 leagues at once! We must unite! XD
pvhawkeye08  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gh1 leagues look to be a reality and so one option was have it start up while gh2 playoffs started, and have gh2 start its next season while gh1's playoffs started
If we THEN add a mixed league then it may go like that except it would be 1 then 2 while 1's in the playoffs then mix while 2's in the playoffs etc as in no two seasons would really be going at once (which may make things easier)
I'm opposed to the idea of 1 then 2 then 3 just cause of the fact that mix isnt exactly 'popular' quite yet. i think 3 should take place during 1 or 2's seasons as if it were totally seperate. so anyone wanting to be in mix league may or may not be in the other league running at the time, but in my opinion (stated in my PS) whoever's in the mix league will *probably just say hey id rather be in mix than the other league.. so mix and the other league running at once wont be too much hassle for those not in both
(Why would you want just one or two when you can be in the MIX?)
(*most people may and probably will be in both .. dunno)

most of that is totally opinion... so yeah
Theres my crystal clear explanation

if you have more questions ill be back in about 20 minutes

LET THERE BE (mixed) ROCK!! -AC/DC
Hackelmania13  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that makes much more sense...

Anybody else? I see a lot of votes but not many people replying....this obviously isn't a guranteed league to happen as of now, so feel free to share your positive/negative thoughts.
TheCatsPajamas  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:
I wouldn't mind playin both, but it seems a bit hectic with 3 seperate leagues...

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Doesn't seem like the right time, what with GH2 leagues in full swing and things already sort of hectic.

Though I should probably be AAA =/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toooo many leagues.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
elx  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed on too many leagues. I'd much rather see one or maybe two leagues running strong rather then people spreading out between different leagues. Since Javman is planning on keeping the original leagues as GH2 only and GH1 Leagues are being formed there is really no need to have a mixed league. It will wind up detracting somewhat from the competitive nature in the leagues right now.
Hackelmania13  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you guys are right...I dunno what I was thinking...my bad...
Ashes2Ashes  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess mostly why I didn't do much with the mixed league idea is that there wasn't much response toward the original suggestion, but now it seems the people are really split on the idea anyway.

BTW, I'm a she.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: