ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Just a few questions about .MIDs, GHEX, and Anvil Studios

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KaijuSenso  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Just a few questions about .MIDs, GHEX, and Anvil Studios Reply with quote

First off I'd like to thank this site for bringing to my attention the ability to change the songs in Guitar Hero II. I've read a few of the guides and believe I have a pretty good understanding of what needs to happen to edit Guitar Hero II.

I've installed GHEX and have tested out a few of the .MIDs that i've downloaded from the site and they worked perfectly (props to the creators)

Next on my list of to-do's was to install Anvil Studios (as was suggested by "Idiot proof guide to playing custom guitar hero songs" or something to that effect. Once i found out i could use that program for editing to, and read another guide as to how to use it, I decided that was the way I'd go.

The first song I transcribed was Sehnsucht by Rammstein (yes now i see that it doesn't really make a super guitar hero song, but it seemed like a good easy beginner song, and me choosing this song is not the point of the topic >_>) The Piano Roll seemed to basic (yet difficult) for me so i placed the coresponding notes and matching rhythms on the staff with the 8th octave (assuming that's what C8 means) for expert. After concidering myself finished, I saved and "replaced" the .MID with another in GHEX.

There I noticed seemingly random notes were concidered holds, while others I would have prefered as holds were just single chords. How do you distinguish between held and single notes? (If I just missed something in one of the guides, a redirect would surely be much appreciated)

Well after deciding it wasn't to big of a deal for my first song, I imported the .MP3 and tried lining the first few notes up. This was accomplished but about half way through the song, the note chart is somewhere between a 16th and 8th note late. Any ideas about why this occured?

Finally, on my next attempt, (Indians by Anthrax), I ran into, what i think to be, a application problem. It seems Indians has a tempo change. After some searching through Anvil's help topics, it says I'll need to buy the $19 pro-mixer tool. Is there anyway to avoid this and still use Anvil. I'd rather not buy an unnessesary tool (being in college). A better freeware program (if nessesary of course) would be a better solution in my eye.

Hopefully that'll wrap up my questions.Let me know if you need the .MID to help out, I'll try getting it online tonight after class.
Also keep up the good work guys, and any answers or redirecting would definitely be appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: