Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Freetar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ES942  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a limit for notes or something because when i try to play the song i made, it doesn't play all of the notes. It has 1,024 total

And just to be sure, this program is only an editor right? and i play all of the SNG files in the PCGuitar Hero program?
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's only an editor. If you can get the PC Guitar Hero to work without the virus, lemme know.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i got it to work. the file was corrupted or something, i don't know.

how would i post the files up here?
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put the .sng into a .zip file, upload that to your favorite hosting site (I used FileFront for mine), then grab that url.

And post that here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is. Don't expect anything special, it's my first one. A little under an hour.

Three Days Grace - Riot
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've got the freetar thing and I understand how it works, but I don't know how to get the music I want and then put it on there, can anyone help please?

EDIT: I've figured out now, I'm gonna try some B.B. King

EDIT2: ES, did you do a whole song in an hour?!? I've done 50seconds in an hour and a half

EDIT3: I've just completed it, It looks bloody hard!
I'm gonna try to get hold of my sister's video cam, I'll try and get it on here
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done a few GH2 songs on Freetar. (John the Fisherman, Who was in my Room Last Night, YYZ) Check them out at the site. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you need to view .sng files? Can you just watch the videos in any media player or do you have to use the editor?

DarkKnight720  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to get these into something like a memory card and play them GH style? {game not Freetar} I'm almost done with "Sweet Home Alabama" {3 hrs... } and "Killing in the Name" and I want to try them out besides te computer.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkKnight720 wrote:
Is it possible to get these into something like a memory card and play them GH style? {game not Freetar} I'm almost done with "Sweet Home Alabama" {3 hrs... } and "Killing in the Name" and I want to try them out besides te computer.

The only way I know how to do something like that would be to use the note chart you made in Freetar, hex edit it into the game, and play the modded copy of it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:
The only way I know how to do something like that would be to use the note chart you made in Freetar, hex edit it into the game, and play the modded copy of it.

Sorry for the noob question but...here it comes...

How exactly do you hex edit?

HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkKnight720 wrote:
Sorry for the noob question but...here it comes...

How exactly do you hex edit?

Umm...here comes a n00b answer, but I'm not sure. They talked a little bit about it here, but that was honestly the first time I've ever heard it.

It just involves changing around numbers that are already in the game to make what you want though, so it can't be TOO bad.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmm...So, I'm thinking...how do you change the numbers {in-game} to anything we have? I honestly don't care much about the animations {heros or singers}, just the song, and I'm thinking thats the eaisest part. So, would you need to put the GH disc in the cd drive, make a copy, and re-configure the game or something? {I'm very confused if anyone didn't notice}

ScaryAdam  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually i've been toying with it quite a bit lately... and it is quite a bit more complex than that... and i just found Freetar.. so I'm seeing if maybe there is some way to convert it, but i think it would be almost easier to program an entirely new program that encodes into the midi format (rather than the .sng format freetar uses) than it would be to make a program that converts one to the other....

perhaps that might be a project for one of our more capable programmers... i like the midi stuff.. but the visual aspect is a little beyond me... especially trying to put it into an editor interface... and besides... I think Riff is the only one that has been successful in actually putting it all together and onto the PS2
Hard: Actually going through and doing it, 5-star on everything
Expert: Actually post all my new scores, 5-star remaining songs (10 left), Pass Jordan (grrrr)
DarkKnight720  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaryAdam wrote:
actually i've been toying with it quite a bit lately... and it is quite a bit more complex than that... and i just found Freetar.. so I'm seeing if maybe there is some way to convert it, but i think it would be almost easier to program an entirely new program that encodes into the midi format (rather than the .sng format freetar uses) than it would be to make a program that converts one to the other....

perhaps that might be a project for one of our more capable programmers... i like the midi stuff.. but the visual aspect is a little beyond me... especially trying to put it into an editor interface... and besides... I think Riff is the only one that has been successful in actually putting it all together and onto the PS2

How could you make a new program? Are you talking a music modifier {GH}{Freetar} or something in an entire-ly different? Last but not least, I say that whoever finds this out {convert JUST music/notes into GH from CPU} to post all of there findings here Mr. Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: